• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
TheDetroitRedWings

Alexander Radulov: Wings on short-list of desired teams

Rate this topic

For negotiating purposes, you make it look like you're legitimately considering other teams. Then the team you want to go to pays you more thinking they might not get you. Thought amato explained it well.

Or maybe you're just ignore this possibility so you can blame this on Holland.

What the heck are you talkin about? :lol:

Sure enough you do this...but then you want as many teams as possible involved. You don't say give out a shortlist if you wanna sign with a particular team.

You were probably just trying to make up something to defend Holland?

Fact is that there were good deals done today and ours were terrible. There are enough other terrible ones, some GM's were even worse. It doesn't make us look any better though. It's a sad sad day for the Detroit Redwings. Kenny had every opportunity to rebuild on the fly after Arizona took the Datsyuk Cap. All he did was to burn the whole cap for terrible or average FA's, two of them he even signed up longterm. The goal was to replace Datsyuk as good as possible not to load up with trash.

I wrote it here several times...don't overpay for Free Agents. Not in this situation. There were only few good guys available and some of the contracts they got are really mindboggling and make Holland and other GM's look like complete idiots:

Staal, Radulov or Boedker should have been interesting for almost any teams. At least at those terms and compared to what they paid for mostly worse FA's. After all the buyouts and terminated contracts we've seen lately they really should have known better what to do now. Those who did nothing today will be the winners. Almost everybody who joined into the madness today will pay for it at some point. Crazy. I always liked Holland, but we might need a change. Should have kept a certain guy who turned Dallas into a winning team in no time. Holland has lost all his balls. All he will do is to overpay to resign players and sign FA's. What was his last significant trade? Quincey? We know how this one turned out. We have so many assets...maybe not to land a top shot but certainly enough to address our needs. He did exactly nothing to win another cup. With Zetterberg and Datsyuk he had a real chance to add the missing pieces. He didn't.

Edited by poel

In fact people would have been furious if he didn't sign neilson. He got neilson at a shorter term and dollar amount than his team (nyi) that he was with for his full 10 year career offered and people are still mad. Had he signed lucic, backes, okposo, or any of the big names from today to any of the contracts they signed for people would still be mad. Kenny can never do anything right around here. I feel like he actually did a good job today. Ya the neilson contract length is long, but it's only really going to hurt us the last 2 years most likely. The vanek signing was very good too imo. Helm contract length and dollar was high, but shouldn't really hinder us going forward too much.

What the heck are you talkin about? :lol:

Sure enough you do this...but then you want as many teams as possible involved. You don't say give out a shortlist if you wanna sign with a particular team.

You were probably just trying to make up something to defend Holland?

What did I make up?

Pierre Lebrun said Radulov always wanted to go to Montreal. I didn't say that.

I was saying that I can see many reasons for the list. I do think making a short list public shows that you have legitimate interest from others for the purpose of negotiating. It's like saying "everybody wants me and all this interest is too crazy i need to limit this."

Maybe he would have actually gone to other teams on the list if they offered significantly more than than his preferred team, Montreal.

It is speculation. That's different than making something up. It's speculation based on the info given.

Your speculation or conclusion that Holland "messed this up" doesn't jive with what we know, except maybe you think we should have offered significantly more than the 5.75.

Edited by PavelValerievichDatsyuk

What did I make up?

Pierre Lebrun said Radulov always wanted to go to Montreal. I didn't say that.

I was saying that I can see many reasons for the list. I do think making a short list public shows that you have legitimate interest from others. It's like saying "everybody wants me and all this interest is too crazy i need to limit this."

Maybe he would have actually gone to other teams on the list if they offered significantly more than than his preferred team, Montreal.

It is speculation. That's different than making something up. It's speculation based on the info given.

Your speculation or conclusion that Holland "messed this up" doesn't jive with what we know unless maybe you think we should have offered significantly more than the 5.75.

He doesn't get it. Radulov wanted to go to Montreal. Doesn't necessarily mean they wanted him. So he had a list of 5 teams he was willing to go to as a backup and also to raise the value of his contract. It's not hard, but he seems to be having difficulty understanding it.

I am glad we didn't sign him. I have a feeling that even with Radulov's history with Weber, it is going to be the Alex Semin signing 2.0. Did people flame Kenny for not signing him too?

On 4/30/2016 at 4:57 PM, Buppy said:

9 years ago he scored 26 goals and 58 points, and on a team that scored more than the Wings. No, I don't think 50 points is at all reasonable, and I'd say 40 would even be a stretch. He's never been any better than any of our current scorers, and I don't see any reason to believe he would be now. I wouldn't offer him even $1.5 for one year. Rather give some kids a chance.

So should go after him in free agency now? 

084Mw28.jpg?1

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/alexander-radulov-lifts-canadiens-beat-rangers-overtime-024944778--nhl.html

Edited by kickazz

5 hours ago, DickieDunn said:

He's 30 and not better than most of the guys who Wings have now.  Why would they want him?  Unless it's a one year deal hoping they can move him at the deadline, there's no point.

One year deal as an asset would be perfect imo. But not enough money to do it anyways. 

Edited by kickazz

He wants a long term contract, but he's bailed on a contract before. Datsyuk bailing on his contract ruined his legacy with the Wings for me. You sign a contract, you fulfill it. Hate to sign Radulov for a few seasons then he takes off halfway through. If the Wings were to sign him, should be short term at first. If he does well and is a dedicated team player, resign for a bit more. But Kenny...make sure there's enough cap for an extension when it comes up so you don't end up with another Hossa situation. K thanks.

I'm just going to chime in and say no.  Every year we toss certain names around, year after year, and every year they get older and older.  I don't mind signing a vet or two to shore up the bottom 6, or just the 4th line, but we have our own top 6 caliber players available within the system now.  Unless we are making a huge splash on July 1 with the likes of someone like Oshie, I think we should just stick with our guys and shore up the defensive and sandpaper part of our game in the bottom 6.

No to Radulov. Please.

We physically can't sign him unless we shed some salary. My point to bump this thread was to show that he proved many folks wrong. Radulov did very well this past season and matched his previous highs when he was younger. And he did it as a 30 year old.

And no referees were maimed/kill this past season either. For some reason people thought his past action was going to somehow magically hurt us. Or something. 

Edited by kickazz

1 hour ago, kickazz said:

We physically can't sign him unless we shed some salary. My point to bump this thread was to show that he proved many folks wrong. Radulov did very well this past season and matched his previous highs when he was younger. And he did it as a 30 year old.

And no referees were maimed/kill this past season either. For some reason people thought his past action was going to somehow magically hurt us. Or something. 

I miss Todd