• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
TheDetroitRedWings

Alexander Radulov: Wings on short-list of desired teams

Rate this topic

Radulov has 42 points in 46 games this year. And no coaches have been maimed, assaulted or verbally threatened. 

This man is making roughly one more million per year than Tomas Tatar is and has more than double his points.

Pathetic that people wanted to overpay Tatar and shied away from this guy because he was supposedly a punk 10 years ago.

Edited by kickazz

1 hour ago, kickazz said:

Radulov has 42 points in 46 games this year. And no coaches have been maimed, assaulted or verbally threatened. 

This man is making roughly one more million per year than Tomas Tatar is and has more than double his points.

Pathetic that people wanted to overpay Tatar and shied away from this guy because he was supposedly a punk 10 years ago.

Rather sign Thomas Vanek 

15 hours ago, kickazz said:

Not to take anything away from Radulov, he's having a great year, but put Tatar with Seguin and Benn and he'd probably double his points too. 

1 hour ago, amato said:

Not to take anything away from Radulov, he's having a great year, but put Tatar with Seguin and Benn and he'd probably double his points too. 

I doubt it, Tatar played with Datsyuk in 2015 and still had a lower scoring rate overall. Radulov is simply better. Sure Tatar's points may increase with Benn and Seguin but there is no doubt that he's an overpaid player. Besides, Radulov is more of an assist guy now so he's obviously creating some offense on his own. 

Either way, people doubted this guy for the dumbest reasons, in the end he's a good hockey player that's earning his contract in Dallas, and he earned it in Montreal too tbh. And whatever he did when he was 22 years old or whatever shouldn't have been a reason to hate the guy as a 31 year old. Seems like the fans in Dallas love the guy. 

Edited by kickazz

27 minutes ago, kickazz said:

I doubt it, Tatar played with Datsyuk in 2015 and still had a lower scoring rate overall. Radulov is simply better. Sure Tatar's points may increase with Benn and Seguin but there is no doubt that he's an overpaid player. Besides, Radulov is more of an assist guy now so he's obviously creating some offense on his own. 

Either way, people doubted this guy for the dumbest reasons, in the end he's a good hockey player that's earning his contract in Dallas, and he earned it in Montreal too tbh. 

I think Tatar still has better days ahead of him. He’s having a rough year, but then again so is a lot of our team. Radulov may be better but I think it’s close. They can both be solid top 6 wingers imo.  

I was probly one of the ones that didn’t think Radulov would earn his contract.. but yeah, I agree he is so far. Never really doubted him as a player but did think his initial asking price was too high. I think he signed for less than he originally wanted? Usually how negotiations go.. 

Either way, he’s been good in Dallas so far and I hope he continues to be. I like their team. 

Just now, amato said:

I think Tatar still has better days ahead of him. He’s having a rough year, but then again so is a lot of our team. Radulov may be better but I think it’s close. They can both be solid top 6 wingers imo.  

I was probly one of the ones that didn’t think Radulov would earn his contract.. but yeah, I agree he is so far. Never really doubted him as a player but did think his initial asking price was too high. I think he signed for less than he originally wanted? Usually how negotiations go.. 

Either way, he’s been good in Dallas so far and I hope he continues to be. I like their team. 

Yeah the rumor was $7 million which I agree was way too high. He ended up getting $6.25 per. It may end up being a steal for them if he keeps it up. 

3 minutes ago, kickazz said:

Yeah the rumor was $7 million which I agree was way too high. He ended up getting $6.25 per. It may end up being a steal for them if he keeps it up. 

And I think he wanted 7 years, then settled for 5.. 7 would’ve been a mistake. I think he’ll slow down toward the end of the contract, but not by much. Dallas definitely has the offensive talent to keep producing. 

2 hours ago, amato said:

And I think he wanted 7 years, then settled for 5.. 7 would’ve been a mistake. I think he’ll slow down toward the end of the contract, but not by much. Dallas definitely has the offensive talent to keep producing. 

He'll slow down for sure. But these Russians tend to last for a while too. 

I think he wuda been a good Winger for Larkin. But it doesn't matter because we're no longer quick fixing and drafting the future players anyway. 

Just a good analysis of a guy people didn't expect to adjust in the NHL after his original stint years ago. 

Edited by kickazz

If it was ever between Tatar and Radulov, I would choose Radulov. With Nyquist, Tatar was redundant and Radulov would have brought something the team was missing until Mantha.

I'm not that familiar with Radulov, but he seems like he he's the type that's hard to knock off the puck. An underrated skill in the NHL.

On 1/18/2018 at 5:14 PM, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

If it was ever between Tatar and Radulov, I would choose Radulov. With Nyquist, Tatar was redundant and Radulov would have brought something the team was missing until Mantha.

I'm not that familiar with Radulov, but he seems like he he's the type that's hard to knock off the puck. An underrated skill in the NHL.

Radulov's very good. He has a history of being kind of a s***head, though. That + his age (currently 31) + the fact that we're probably going to be bad for the next 5+ years, which would probably lead to him bolting for the KHL mid-contract --> I'm ok with him not being a Wing.

Yeah, the only reason I would have wanted Radulov in the position this team is in now, is if we could have signed him to a short term (1-2 years) contract, to flip him at the deadline for assets, similarly to Vanek last year. I wish Daley was on a year or two shorter contract as well, so we could have moved him at this year's deadline. The more moveable assets the better in a year with such a stacked draft class. Green is a very nice piece to have at our disposal, but I do wish we had a few more pending UFA's this year, to garner even more picks for the 2018 draft...

3 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Yeah, the only reason I would have wanted Radulov in the position this team is in now, is if we could have signed him to a short term (1-2 years) contract, to flip him at the deadline for assets, similarly to Vanek last year. I wish Daley was on a year or two shorter contract as well, so we could have moved him at this year's deadline. The more moveable assets the better in a year with such a stacked draft class. Green is a very nice piece to have at our disposal, but I do wish we had a few more pending UFA's this year, to garner even more picks for the 2018 draft...

Radulov wud been a great investment. If he panned out and we were in shape to make playoffs. Great. If not, flip him. 

Woulda brought in more than Tatar.