• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
TheDetroitRedWings

Alexander Radulov: Wings on short-list of desired teams

Rate this topic

He's scored 53 goals in 172 NHL games. He's turning 30 in a couple months.

Why would we think he would suddenly become better if we added him? Playoff bubble team, inept offense that drove pretty much everyone's numbers down, likely losing our best player. To me that doesn't seem like the right formula to get a career best performance out of a 30 yo who hasn't played in the NHL in 5 years.

As long as youre not paying him obscene money you don't need him to have a career year. 20+ goals and 50 points is reasonable and would make him the best winger on our team. I'd offer him 4.5 million for three years, if he doesn't take it then oh well. If he does, great.

Edited by kipwinger

He's scored 53 goals in 172 NHL games. He's turning 30 in a couple months.

Why would we think he would suddenly become better if we added him? Playoff bubble team, inept offense that drove pretty much everyone's numbers down, likely losing our best player. To me that doesn't seem like the right formula to get a career best performance out of a 30 yo who hasn't played in the NHL in 5 years.

You don't think he'd produce as much as Datsyuk did this season? I'm saying the 49 points that Datsyuk gave us.

Lol like who? He gave the next best option after Zetterberg. You do realize we don't have anyone better for 1C? Larkin's going to have to be the one to step up. He's got a nice summer ahead of him and I expect him to go under some rigorous workouts/training with Glendening. Glen and Larkin were workout partners around training camp last year. This time around they have 5 months.

This question is too big for this thread and has many facets that will need exploring. Let's focus on Radulov in this one. I'm quite sure the 1C option will be discussed ad nauseum soon enough.

As long as youre not paying him obscene money you don't need him to have a career year. 20+ goals and 50 points is reasonable and would make him the best winger on our team. I'd offer him 4.5 million for three years, if he doesn't take it then oh well. If he does, great.

You don't think he'd produce as much as Datsyuk did this season? I'm saying the 49 points that Datsyuk gave us.

9 years ago he scored 26 goals and 58 points, and on a team that scored more than the Wings. No, I don't think 50 points is at all reasonable, and I'd say 40 would even be a stretch. He's never been any better than any of our current scorers, and I don't see any reason to believe he would be now. I wouldn't offer him even $1.5 for one year. Rather give some kids a chance.

9 years ago he was 20 and is almost certainly a better player now. I am sensitive to your point about.overall team offense, but I think team offense improves as you replace the current guys with others that are relatively better. Radulov isn't my top choice as an FA, but I don't necessarily think someone with his skill set and age can't help this team for a few years.

Radulov would not score less than 40 points in the NHL in a full season. That just won't happen even in our anemic offense. The guy is a two-way (this I'm not sure about but he did gather Selke votes in the NHL) stud who dominates his league and in international competition. When the NHL stars went over there during the lockout his production was right below Malkin and above guys like Datsyuk. It's not unreasonable to think he'd be a top 12-15 winger in the NHL near the level of someone like Panarin or Kucharov. Most russian fans put him above those guys anyway. I don't think he'd produce as well as Panarin beause not every team has a Kane to play with. The issue isn't this guys talent.. it's that he's a grade A ******. Typically that isn't our style.

50-58 points on a team like ours. 60-70 points on a top 10 team. And in today's unfortunate NHL that's big time first line status.

Edited by Number19

If he doesn't want an insane amount of money, I say give him a shot if he really does want to go to Detroit. Not like they have good FA'S lining up to go there anymore. He'd def help.

Did it ever occur to people that he might use the I'm going to the NHL stuff to get more money from his current KHL team?

If the Wings sign him lol that would clearly mean Holland has lost it. Teammates and his current GM are not the guys to ask ... Poile, Weber, Fisher, Trotz, Grimreaper and Josi are the guys to ask because they'll provide an honest opinion.

As much as we could use 20-25 more goals, I think we need to find someone who can score 35+. BUT, that being hard to find, 25 more would help.

He may choose to go elsewhere, but if he wants to go somewhere where he is going to be the #1 guy, he should come here. He will be top 3 and top PP.

Did it ever occur to people that he might use the I'm going to the NHL stuff to get more money from his current KHL team?

If the Wings sign him lol that would clearly mean Holland has lost it. Teammates and his current GM are not the guys to ask ... Poile, Weber, Fisher, Trotz, Grimreaper and Josi are the guys to ask because they'll provide an honest opinion.

The guys to ask are the ones that played 9 games with him over the past 8 years???

Apparently it's okay for the Wings to have a guy like Riley Sheahan who got arrested for being "super drunk" (4 times the legal limit of alcohol) in a Teletubby costume, carrying Brendan Smith's license and being charged with giving police false information, but it's NOT okay for us to have Radulov. Mind you Radulov was suspended 1 game for breaking curfew, something the Red Wings players did under Scotty Bowman and got reprimanded for as well.

Is there something else Radulov has done that I'm missing? I know he got suspended for a dirty hit years ago.

Edited by kickazz

Detroit, where we want the best players but only if they have certain character traits... And I agreed for a long time, but times have changed, we don't have that luxury until we are a top contender again. Where players come here to win cups, not to just play for a playoff team. Radulov helps us go in that direction simple as that... And get a guy like helm off the top 6.... It's a no brainier, if the contract is right, it's low risk high reward.

Sadly if we sign him and can't offer Stamkos Max, we will hear fans for years saying we passed in Stamkos for Radulov with out any knowledge if he was even going to sign here. We still here about Parise and Suter... And both wanted to play together in Minny, 500k didn't make the difference.

Detroit, where we want the best players but only if they have certain character traits... And I agreed for a long time, but times have changed, we don't have that luxury until we are a top contender again. Where players come here to win cups, not to just play for a playoff team. Radulov helps us go in that direction simple as that... And get a guy like helm off the top 6.... It's a no brainier, if the contract is right, it's low risk high reward.

Sadly if we sign him and can't offer Stamkos Max, we will hear fans for years saying we passed in Stamkos for Radulov with out any knowledge if he was even going to sign here. We still here about Parise and Suter... And both wanted to play together in Minny, 500k didn't make the difference.

That's why they should offer Stamkos first

The guys to ask are the ones that played 9 games with him over the past 8 years???

Nashville (Poile) drafted him, Radulov at some point decided he wants go home and play in the KHL because he wasn't happy. Then he came back in 2012 supported by the captain, Shea Weber just to be a huge distraction and disappointment again.

That's not the guy I'd want to show Larkin, Mantha and AA the way, nope. Crazy to think that Looch is a nogo but that moron Radulov is acceptable, lol. Guys like him are rolemodels for the Russian factor.

That's why they should offer Stamkos first

Offer sheet??? He is. UFA, pretty sure it's impossible and even if it was why would you do that and lose, what I think is 3 1st round picks for the next 4 years, when you can sign him less then a month later??? And why would Stamkos sign that when he can choose any team he wants after July 1st.. Including Detroit... Would make no sense anyway you slice it... Pretty sure it's impossible but why take 4 1st's from the team he just signed the next 7 years with...?

Nashville (Poile) drafted him, Radulov at some point decided he wants go home and play in the KHL because he wasn't happy. Then he came back in 2012 supported by the captain, Shea Weber just to be a huge distraction and disappointment again.

That's not the guy I'd want to show Larkin, Mantha and AA the way, nope. Crazy to think that Looch is a nogo but that moron Radulov is acceptable, lol. Guys like him are rolemodels for the Russian factor.

Number 1, in not anti Looch but he doesn't want to come here, Rafs does.

People adjust, grow up and change, even over a "short" 4 years, and starting a family" there's an article from SB talking about how the last 2 years with the new coach at CKSA, that he has matured a lot.

I completely understand the hate and the urge to keep the distance but the idea that he would hurt our prospects with the Russian factor???? When those players are American and Canadian is a long stretch....

The final thing that bothers me is the bolting thing, if your Canadian and he NHL is in Russia.... And you can make 4/5 million there or 10 million in your home country in front of your friends and family and where you know the language....??? It's hard to do that at 19/20?? And he came back for 9 games and didn't like it here and had growing to do, he obviously has matured... Is he chasing money probably, does he make us better, yes... People want to give Okposo, backes, and so on more money, yet Rads is better, and will take less???

Edited by Larktha7139

Offer sheet??? He is. UFA, pretty sure it's impossible and even if it was why would you do that and lose, what I think is 3 1st round picks for the next 4 years, when you can sign him less then a month later??? And why would Stamkos sign that when he can choose any team he wants after July 1st.. Including Detroit... Would make no sense anyway you slice it... Pretty sure it's impossible but why take 4 1st's from the team he just signed the next 7 years with...?

I mean offer him July 1st and hold off on Radulov till after. I'm not sure if Radulov has decided on going anywhere just yet. The Avs and Wings seem to be the top two choices.

Edited by kickazz

I mean offer him July 1st and hold off on Radulov till after. I'm not sure if Radulov has decided on going anywhere just yet. The Avs and Wings seem to be the top two choices.

Yes but Rads will be signed before then... Would you rather be in a FA pool of just you... Or Stamkos, Okposo, Ladd, backes, erikkson... So on

True but if he isn't signed by July 1st, we wait. If Avs are making an offer then I guess Holland pulls the trigger and we go for Okposo + Radulov for 2016/17. Still not a bad addition overall.

Edited by kickazz

Number 1, in not anti Looch but he doesn't want to come here, Rafs does.

People adjust, grow up and change, even over a "short" 4 years, and starting a family" there's an article from SB talking about how the last 2 years with the new coach at CKSA, that he has matured a lot.

I completely understand the hate and the urge to keep the distance but the idea that he would hurt our prospects with the Russian factor???? When those players are American and Canadian is a long stretch....

The final thing that bothers me is the bolting thing, if your Canadian and he NHL is in Russia.... And you can make 4/5 million there or 10 million in your home country in front of your friends and family and where you know the language....??? It's hard to do that at 19/20?? And he came back for 9 games and didn't like it here and had growing to do, he obviously has matured... Is he chasing money probably, does he make us better, yes... People want to give Okposo, backes, and so on more money, yet Rads is better, and will take less???

I know Loooch is just a dream and it won't happen because he seems to be very set on staying in LA although they need defense not forwards.

I think he would hurt our prospects because the guy isn't known for working hard and showing other players how to get stuff done, on and off the ice. It's not like he's the first one on the ice/gym. Trust me I fully understand why someone would prefer to make money at home and play infront of his friends, family because the NHL has too many strict rules "negotiated".

I don't think Radulov is better than Okposo, Backes at best he's equal to them and btw. I think Backes is even more of a stretch than Looch he would be crazy to leave an annual playoff contender with cup expectations.

Apparently it's okay for the Wings to have a guy like Riley Sheahan who got arrested for being "super drunk" (4 times the legal limit of alcohol) in a Teletubby costume, carrying Brendan Smith's license and being charged with giving police false information, but it's NOT okay for us to have Radulov. Mind you Radulov was suspended 1 game for breaking curfew, something the Red Wings players did under Scotty Bowman and got reprimanded for as well.

Is there something else Radulov has done that I'm missing? I know he got suspended for a dirty hit years ago.

Well, for one he assaulted his coach during a game.