• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
TheDetroitRedWings

Alexander Radulov: Wings on short-list of desired teams

Rate this topic

When healthy, he's a consistent, every year 20+ goal scorer.

KHL stats mean nothing. In fact his stats should have went up playing in a no contact league. The fact that the stats are the same tells you something.

To those not in the know he is at least a top 15 winger in the world, maybe top 10. I'd take him over Nyquist or Tatar any day of the freaking week and twice on sundays. The issue is his attitude and commitment.

edit: That clip with him hitting the coach. Holy s***. :lol: Maybe I wouldn't take him over Nyquist or Tatar. He's still a possible top 10 Winger for whom ever signs him though.

Edited by Number19

Well, suddenly are we in a position to turn down talented players who can help us score EVEN IF he has an attitude? Used to be we didn't have to give the Radulov's of the world a second thought. Unless we have some grand plan I'd say we have to kick the tires.

For the ones saying no ... If datsyuk says he'd return if radulov would sign with the wings would you say yes or still stick with the no?

I say yes... If in hindsight it didn't cost us Stamkos... That's the only reason I am okay with seeing Pavel head home.

He wants to come here because he smells blood in the water. A weak "player's coach" like Blashill is he perfect coach in the eyes of a guy like Radulov.

I'm not against him coming here as long as he's cheap, short term and not relied on to be the guy. I'm only really familiar with his tantrums though.

You mean the one where he scored at nearly a point per game pace? Yea, totally unimpressed.

he doesnt skate.

his defensive play is horrendous

this is what i think of when you say weak coach. except blash will be on the floor

Edited by brett

his contract was up with Nashville, so he became a UFA then went to Russia in 2012.

I always forget how much more the KHL pays haha radulov makes 9.2 mill a year there

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/puck-daddy/alex-radulov-signs-4-khl-contract-nhl-ever-140352749--nhl.html

He only played for Nashville for 2 years, and then came back for a few games to "finish" his contract in 2011-2012. That makes him an RFA at best. So Nashville should have the right to match any NHL contract offered or get compensation?

And it was $9.2 mil. at 2012 exchange rate. $1 was worth less than 30 roubles then.

It is about 70 roubles per dollar now, so his rouble salary is worth less than 4 mil /year. Which is probably why he is suddenly interested in playing over here.

Edited by sibiriak

He only played for Nashville for 2 years, and then came back for a few games to "finish" his contract in 2011-2012. That makes him an RFA at best. So Nashville should have the right to match any NHL contract offered or get compensation?

And it was $9.2 mil. at 2012 exchange rate. $1 was worth less than 30 roubles then.

It is about 70 roubles per dollar now, so his rouble salary is worth less than 4 mil /year. Which is probably why he is suddenly interested in playing over here.

That's a good point (and also good news for anyone trying to sign him) about the exchange rate.. I didn't think of that.

But I'm pretty sure you become an unrestricted free agent in the NHL after you're 27 years old (no matter how much you've played in the NHL) or have played 7 years.. He's 29, so id think he'd be unrestricted?

That's a good point (and also good news for anyone trying to sign him) about the exchange rate.. I didn't think of that.

But I'm pretty sure you become an unrestricted free agent in the NHL after you're 27 years old (no matter how much you've played in the NHL) or have played 7 years.. He's 29, so id think he'd be unrestricted?

Yeah, he probably aged out of RFA status. Too bad. He's an a-hole, I'd rather not see him in red and white. I hear orange and black suits people like him :)