• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
TheDetroitRedWings

Alexander Radulov: Wings on short-list of desired teams

Rate this topic

We sign radulov we can get rid of 2 euros :) (nyquist,tatar)

Also last time radulov was in the league was like 7 yrs ago so there's a good chance he's matured .... Fedorov will be a big piece in deciding whether we sign him or not since fedorov was his gm

Goose and Tatar actually work hard. Why would you want Radulov in place of them?

Also, he was last in the league in 2012, and was an absolute train wreck and distraction to his team. The guy has had two chances to prove himself in the NHL and blew it both times. He is the exact opposite of what this team needs. I'd rather us have the Leafs roster than to see him wearing the Winged wheel. At least the Leafs work hard.

Goose and Tatar actually work hard. Why would you want Radulov in place of them?

Also, he was last in the league in 2012, and was an absolute train wreck and distraction to his team. The guy has had two chances to prove himself in the NHL and blew it both times. He is the exact opposite of what this team needs. I'd rather us have the Leafs roster than to see him wearing the Winged wheel. At least the Leafs work hard.

Exactly he is not a guy known for being a hardworker or someone who will show young players the right way. Sure, the Avs have Sakic as the GM but Radulov will be Radulov and that's why I want it to happen. He will be a distraction to their team and their defense would remain average at best.

Red Wings exploring possibility of signing Russian star Alexander Radulov

The Red Wings have spoken to his agent and are doing their due diligence, trying to determine whether to make the free-agent forward a contract offer.... But there are concerns about his off-ice behavior and whether he would have a negative influence in the dressing room... They are speaking with some of Radulov's former teammates and people who know him

...He has since reportedly matured and settled down and has a 5-month-old son.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2016/04/red_wings_doing_due_diligence.html

Edited by kickazz

Red Wings exploring possibility of signing Russian star Alexander Radulov

The Red Wings have spoken to his agent and are doing their due diligence, trying to determine whether to make the free-agent forward a contract offer.... But there are concerns about his off-ice behavior and whether he would have a negative influence in the dressing room... They are speaking with some of Radulov's former teammates and people who know him

...He has since reportedly matured and settled down and has a 5-month-old son.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2016/04/red_wings_doing_due_diligence.html

*sigh*.... This guy is not the anser to the team's problems.

Radulov is as marquee type player that we don't have, if Pav does go. He's a game breaker and boy are we going to need one of those next season. I'd take a chance on him with a 3 year deal at say $5m per year.

Edited by Andy Pred 48

There are UFAs out there that can be had on the cheap that will likely produce a hell of a lot more than Radulov will.

Assuming they want to come here on the cheap.. I'm not saying they don't, but I think any goal scoring is worth looking into.

He's not the answer but if cheap and on a short term contract I say do it. Trades are rare, as are quality UFAs. Signing from overseas is really the last avenue open to teams. The Wings have done this before (Brunner) so it wouldn't surprise me if they manage to get some good character references. He's not a long term solution but more scoring depth is obviously needed. He could brin a scoring touch to the third or always-struggling second lines.

There are UFAs out there that can be had on the cheap that will likely produce a hell of a lot more than Radulov will.

Who are these ufa's you speak of that can be had on the cheap ? If radulov accepts a one year deal I don't see anyone out there who would sign a one year deal who would produce more than radulov

Radulov signs here I think it's highly likely he scores 25-30 ... I understand the reservations about signing radulov , I was against it myself at first , but if he signs a short term deal it then makes Gus and Tatar both expendable and can get us 2 pieces on the back end which is where our greatest problems are

You really expect Fedorov, who is the GM of Radulov's current team, and who is trying to re-sign him for his club, would help Detroit sign him instead?

Radulov already claimed he's leaving for the NHL ... So yes

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

Think he deserves a shot if he's changed his ways ... Fedorov will be a big part of us signing him or not I believe ( besides the obvious $$ offered)

Think if he's here , there could be good chances datsyuk returns after all as well ... And for all the troubles with radulov in the past there's no denying his past and I can see him getting 25-30 as a wing , and I'd trust zetterberg would put him in his place if he did anything wrong

As for nyquist and Tatar they are our best trade chips and if we can use them in bigger deals to try and land a fowler and a trouba maybe , then we'd have to consider it since our back end is god awful

We'd still have zetterberg radulov Larkin athanasiou mantha abdelkader sheahan upfront with jurco and pulkkinen maybe and who ever else we'd sign/trade for

There has been some talk online about Datsyuk might return if Radulov joins the Wings. I don't buy that. He ain't no coming back.

But Datsyuk is "honorable" and knows he messed up on his last signing. I can see him trying to redeem himself by getting Radulov signing here, in a sense "instead of him". I doubt that's what we need, but I can see that logic working in his head, especially if management asks him.

It'll be interesting to see how this unfolds.

Radulov would likely be able to play more games and produce around what Datsyuk did (total points wise with higher goal scoring). He won't be the same defensive player but if it's a swap in production for same pay (not cap hit but the actual $5 million or whatever Datsyuk is walking out on) for short term deal then I won't be upset.

Edited by kickazz

I might have talked myself into a scenario where I don't mind Radulov. And that is if we subsequently trade Nyquist and something else for Cam Fowler. In this scenario, Radulov is signed at 5 million for 3 years (and only if people in Russia can verify that he's not a total dick). And Nyquist is packaged with whatever combination of prospects and/or Pulkkinen or Jurco that gets the job done. I'd still rather have Okposo, but I could live with some version of these guys as our top nine.

Radulov-Larkin-Abby

Tatar-AA-?

Zetterberg-Sheahan-Mantha

Get Radulov AND Okposo and I'd lose it.

On the back end...

Fowler-Dekeyser

Kronwall-Green

Smith-Marchenko

Ericsson

Edited by kipwinger

You are centering a 20 year old sophomore on the first line? How about waiting 3+ more years of learning? You gonna match Larkin against Bergeron, Toews, Kopitar etc? They will Destroy him.

You are centering a 20 year old sophomore on the first line? How about waiting 3+ more years of learning? You gonna match Larkin against Bergeron, Toews, Kopitar etc? They will Destroy him.

Lol. You just named 3 of the best centers on earth. There are 20 other #1 centers in the league who can't play with those guys. If outplaying those guys is your standard, then Ryan Johansen, Kyle Turris, Boone Jenner, Alexander Barkov, Brian Little, Zach Parise, etc. are all chopped liver too eh?

Who do we have that's better? Sure, they're better than him now, but you've got to start somewhere. At least he can keep up with them, we know that for sure. I expect he'd get outplayed badly by the elite guys (whom you mentioned) but he'd fair well against the second tier guys. And that's all I'd want out of a 20 year old top center.

If we sign Stamkos then sure, everything changes. Otherwise there's not a single center we can put on the top line who WONT get badly outplayed by Kopitar, Toews, or Bergeron. So why not see if the competition makes the kid better? I think he's got the right mentality, and that by playing against the best he'll want to be the best.

Also, Tyler Johnson played against top centers as a sophomore and did fine. Not great, but fine. So why not Larkin?

Edited by kipwinger

Lol. You just named 3 of the best centers on earth. There are 20 other #1 centers in the league who can't play with those guys. Of course they're better than Larkin. So what?

Who do we have that's better? Sure, they're better than him now, but you've got to start somewhere. At least he can keep up with them, we know that for sure. I expect he'd get outplayed badly by the elite guys (whom you mentioned) but he'd fair well against the second tier guys. And that's all I'd want out of a 20 year old top center.

If we sign Stamkos then sure, everything changes. Otherwise there's not a single center we can put on the top line who WONT get badly outplayed by Kopitar, Toews, or Bergeron. So why not see if the competition makes the kid better? I think he's got the right mentality, and that by playing against the best he'll want to be the best.

Also, Tyler Johnson played against top centers as a sophomore and did fine. Not great, but fine. So why not Larkin?

This thread is about Radulov but I'll make a quick go about this. Your point about a first line center is very valid, we simply lack a legitimate one for next season. Zetterberg cannot do it, while having the skill, he's outskated embarrassingly easy by top centers. Tampa for instance didn't even respect his lanes at times in the playoffs, they just shut off his passing options, caring nothing about him. They could easily step into him if he was to do something "unorthodox" as skating towards the goal, which he did once, if I remember correctly.

I love me some Larkin, but he's so outmatched at number 1 center in skill, physical size/muscle mass and experience that putting him there next season would probably injure him right away and if not, he would regress backwards in development.

Someone else is gonna have to step up, in my opinion. And since I don't think we are gonna make it to the playoffs, I'd say it won't be overly successful.

Think he deserves a shot if he's changed his ways ... Fedorov will be a big part of us signing him or not I believe ( besides the obvious $$ offered)

Think if he's here , there could be good chances datsyuk returns after all as well ... And for all the troubles with radulov in the past there's no denying his past and I can see him getting 25-30 as a wing , and I'd trust zetterberg would put him in his place if he did anything wrong

As for nyquist and Tatar they are our best trade chips and if we can use them in bigger deals to try and land a fowler and a trouba maybe , then we'd have to consider it since our back end is god awful

We'd still have zetterberg radulov Larkin athanasiou mantha abdelkader sheahan upfront with jurco and pulkkinen maybe and who ever else we'd sign/trade for

Being positive is nice and all, but come on. Fedorov being a big part of us getting him? I'd imagine he'd be trying to keep him for his own team rather than persuade him to come here. I have some bad news if you think Datsyuk would stick around for one more year if Raduov signed here: He won't. Datsyuk is longing to move home to be close with his family. Not have a Russian player to come join him in Detroit.

Goose and Tats are good trade bait. But we only need to trade one of them, if any.

This team needs to get bigger and harder to play against. We do not need a softy and a potential locker room cancer. If someone wants to give him another chance, let them. Under no circumstances do I think it should be Holland.

You're the only person I've ever heard call Radulov soft. Makes me think you're just throwing around pejoratives in an attempt to justify your dislike for him post hoc.

Radulov is a lot of things, but "soft" isn't one. He's very tenacious and aggressive for a goal scorer. He's not likely to punch anybody, sure, but the guys ain't "soft". Maybe an *******, but not soft.

This thread is about Radulov but I'll make a quick go about this. Your point about a first line center is very valid, we simply lack a legitimate one for next season. Zetterberg cannot do it, while having the skill, he's outskated embarrassingly easy by top centers. Tampa for instance didn't even respect his lanes at times in the playoffs, they just shut off his passing options, caring nothing about him. They could easily step into him if he was to do something "unorthodox" as skating towards the goal, which he did once, if I remember correctly.

I love me some Larkin, but he's so outmatched at number 1 center in skill, physical size/muscle mass and experience that putting him there next season would probably injure him right away and if not, he would regress backwards in development.

Someone else is gonna have to step up, in my opinion. And since I don't think we are gonna make it to the playoffs, I'd say it won't be overly successful.

Lol like who? He gave the next best option after Zetterberg. You do realize we don't have anyone better for 1C? Larkin's going to have to be the one to step up. He's got a nice summer ahead of him and I expect him to go under some rigorous workouts/training with Glendening. Glen and Larkin were workout partners around training camp last year. This time around they have 5 months.

Edited by kickazz

Being positive is nice and all, but come on. Fedorov being a big part of us getting him? I'd imagine he'd be trying to keep him for his own team rather than persuade him to come here. I have some bad news if you think Datsyuk would stick around for one more year if Raduov signed here: He won't. Datsyuk is longing to move home to be close with his family. Not have a Russian player to come join him in Detroit.

Goose and Tats are good trade bait. But we only need to trade one of them, if any.

This team needs to get bigger and harder to play against. We do not need a softy and a potential locker room cancer. If someone wants to give him another chance, let them. Under no circumstances do I think it should be Holland.

Fedorov won't be trying to convince him to stay as radulov has already made it clear he's going to the NHL

You said it , this team needs to get bigger and harder To play against and I'm pretty sure Gus and nyquist are none of those things and if they could both be used to get a few of trouba/Hamilton/fowler then why not

Radulov wouldn't cost us any assets to sign and he's still in his prime , not 34/35 ... He could easily score 25-30 and If we had radulov vs Tampa in the playoffs we could of won in those close games

As long as it's nothing more than 2 years then signing him isn't a high risk ... And as was mentioned he's got a 5 month old now , doubt he's gonna be partying it up all the time now when he's got a newborn to take care of