• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

ECSF : New York Islanders vs. Tampa Bay Lightning

Rate this topic

Is it me, or does anyone else find it strange that the Eastern Conference is beginning round 2 of the playoffs when in fact there's game 7 to be played tomorrow night between the Preds/Ducks?

I understand much of this has to do with availability of the arenas, and such...

Someone mentioned this last night, but I remember this happening before. Maybe I was thinking of the NBA?

I can't root for a team that has the ugliest building in hockey history to watch on TV. I want the Islanders (or that Jeep) out of the playoffs ASAP.

that damn Jeep has a better view than most of the fans in attendance

Edited by NerveDamage

Is it me, or does anyone else find it strange that the Eastern Conference is beginning round 2 of the playoffs when in fact there's game 7 to be played tomorrow night between the Preds/Ducks?

I understand much of this has to do with availability of the arenas, and such...

Was just about to ask about this. I didn't expect this series to begin what feels like immediately. Almost like a back-to-back for the Islanders. Anyone know why?

Edited by Jacksoni

Someone mentioned this last night, but I remember this happening before. Maybe I was thinking of the NBA?

Possibly. If the Pistons had avoided a sweep by the Cavaliers, it would have conflicted with a Bieber concert in Cleveland scheduled for the same day Game 5 would have been played.

I can't root for a team that has the ugliest building in hockey history to watch on TV. I want the Islanders (or that Jeep) out of the playoffs ASAP.

It's definitely weird watching their games on tv. No fans behind the net, and those cars parked in the corners..wtf? Edited by R-Dizzle

It's definitely weird watching their games on tv. No fans behind the net, and those cars parked in the corners..wtf?

If the car was a Lamborghini, it would be easier on the eyes. Are Jeeps that popular in Brooklyn?

Edited by GMRwings1983

Told ya the lightning had nothing for the islanders. They barely beat detroit in all but one of their 4 wins. Because Detroit blew chunks on both sides of the special teams. The islanders, sadly, and this is hard to accept as I type it, are a better team than the wings at this point in the season. In fact Im pretty sure this is the first time I have seen the islanders play this well the entire time I have been watching hockey during my life. Damn that salary cap.

Edited by plopster

Told ya the lightning had nothing for the islanders. They barely beat detroit in all but one of their 4 wins. Because Detroit blew chunks on both sides of the special teams. The islanders, sadly, and this is hard to accept as I type it, are a better team than the wings at this point in the season. In fact Im pretty sure this is the first time I have seen the islanders play this well the entire time I have been watching hockey during my life. Damn that salary cap.

Agreed. I am not for parity. Let the owners pay up if they wish to.

Exactly. That's my point. That's how far off the wings are. Not the islanders are that good, but Tampa wasn't that good either and they are being exposed by a talented team without stamkos. New York will get smoked by either Washington or pens. Which is why caps must beat the pens. It's like in the nfl. I'm a steelers fan, but i knew they wouldn't beat the pats. So I had to root for the Broncos to beat my team so the team I hate more doesn't win.

Why does the islanders goalie have the Golden Gate Bridge on his mask

Lol two periods into a best of 7 series. This forum is ridiculous at times

Im going to refer to this post later when Tampa gets bounced in 5