• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

ECSF : New York Islanders vs. Tampa Bay Lightning

Rate this topic

Like I said earlier in the thread, the Islanders are really no better than the Wings are at this point besides the fact their best player is better than any one of ours. This is not me saying the Islanders are a bad team, this is me saying the Wings straight up aren't as bas as many folks seem to think.

Lol. After game 1 everyone was going on about how bad Tampa is and they'll be lucky to win a game. Now still without stralman and stammer and they have made easy work of the islanders

Tampa only lost game 1 because of rust. 5 days off with NY coming right off a big game 7 win.

The Wings looked better than Tampa more often than not, just continued to fall apart in 3rd periods. I chalk that up to tired vets and inexperienced youth.

Islanders have guys like Okposo hitting UFA this summer, Hamonic wanting to be in western Canada, and their captain may very well hit UFA next summer. Wings are closer than they are to being truly competitive again, and they had to suck for years to get where they are.

Would love to see the Bolts pull of a miracle and have Stralman and Stamkos return for round 3. They'd be up there with the Caps and Pens if healthy. Especially with their experience from last year.

It may not be as obvious during the regular season but the playoffs really show how much weaker the East is compared to the West

The East hasn't played the West yet in the playoffs. Has the play in the Stars/Blues or Preds/Sharks series really been that much more impressive than Caps/Pens? I don't think so. If anything I think this is the season the East has started to finally close the gap. I would take the Top 3 in the East (Caps, Pens, Tampa) against the Top 3 of the West (...which is who, exactly? Blues, Stars, and Hawks, maybe...?)