• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

Official - Little Caesars Arena

Rate this topic

ChI38qZWUAAVwo3.jpg

The name for the new Detroit Red Wings arena, centered in the forthcoming District Detroit, has been announced today. It's officially to be named Little Caesars Arena.

It's reportedly a 20-year naming rights deal, so the name of the arena will stand for at least the next two decades.

http://detroitsportsnation.com/detroit-nhl/nwebb/breaking-new-red-wings-arena-to-be-named-little-caesars-arena/69657/?utm_campaign=coschedule&utm_source=facebook_page&utm_medium=Detroit%20Sports%20Nation&utm_content=BREAKING:%20New%20Red%20Wings%20arena%20to%20be%20named%20Little%20Caesars%20Arena

Edited by Hockeytown0001

It's getting harder and harder to root for this team. Since Ilitch doesn't care about the team, why can't he just sell it instead of trying to promote his brand?

I guess we can call it the "Ice Oven".

Maybe we can bring back Mark Mowers to deliver pizzas in the stands during the game.

I don't hate the name, but I don't love it either. When you have a classic non-corporate arena name for all these years, anything would sound weird though. It'll get shortened by the fans though. The official name is the Little Caesars Arena, but everyone will just call it Caesars, which doesn't sound so bad.

How do you go from the best arena name in the country to *that*?

That's what I was thinking. Would there be any issue with calling the new arena "Joe Louis Arena" also?

The Yankees didn't rename Yankee Stadium despite tearing it down. Is there a distance requirement to how far the new arena must be to keep the same name? I never heard of that.

I don't hate the name, but I don't love it either. When you have a classic non-corporate arena name for all these years, anything would sound weird though. It'll get shortened by the fans though. The official name is the Little Caesars Arena, but everyone will just call it Caesars, which doesn't sound so bad.

Yeah...there's a problem with that...this is right across the river:

B9315880471Z.1_20150115164843_000_GAB9MF

We're gonna have to call it the LCA or give it some other nickname.

Edited by Swayze