• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

Official - Little Caesars Arena

Rate this topic

Although I agree the name is lame, and wish it was something more directly connected to Wings hockey, everybody in Toledo was up in arms when they named the new Mud Hens park, "Fifth Third Field." Then the new hockey arena was named the, "Huntington Center." Now people don't even think twice about. This will probably pass as well. Maybe.

Although I agree the name is lame, and wish it was something more directly connected to Wings hockey, everybody in Toledo was up in arms when they named the new Mud Hens park, "Fifth Third Field." Then the new hockey arena was named the, "Huntington Center." Now people don't even think twice about. This will probably pass as well. Maybe.

Oh I'm sure it'll pass too.. But seeing as how the Internet exists, not before an unhealthy amount of trolling :P

At least the arena itself will be badass

Edited by amato

I personally believe that many fans hold the Ilitch family in higher regard, and naming it after one of their businesses only shows that they're like any other owner - $$$ talks.

Not that I can blame them - it's their business - just that I too would've preferred something more nostalgic.

I understand but ppl had to of known that it wasn't going to be,named the way they wanted it to be.

Literally the worst name for an arena right now. I thought Amalie arena was bad. Named after oil. But I can see the commercials now: Arena! Rena! Immediately makes me think of fight club: "When deep space exploration ramps up, it'll be the corporations that name everything, the IBM Stellar Sphere, the Microsoft Galaxy, Planet Starbucks."

I was hoping for a classic name, but the reality is that people just don't ignore something that valuable, like naming an arena.

I'm glad it Little Caesars and not some other company with no roots here. It's a local business with a national footprint. LCA, here we come!

Ehhh... it could have been worse. The LCA rolls nicely off the tongue and I've seen people throwing around "The Oven" as a nickname, which sounds ominous and kind of bad ass. I'll miss not having a corporate name but I can deal with this.

Edited by wingsgirl001

Maybe it'll garner the nickname 'The Oven'?

It probably will, but to be honest those attempts to come up with phoney baloney nicknames are almost as bad as the corporate names themselves. Nicknames have to happen organically, they can't be the result of some marketing strategy.

Edited by kipwinger

Even if you're going to go with Little Caesars, I feel like there's more creative avenues than Little Caesars Arena. Little Caesars Center, or Little Caesars Stadium, or Little Caesar Colosseum all flow off the tongue better. I feel like dropping the "Little" off the name (which is one of the likely directions the nickname will take) sounds more organic this way too. Caeser Stadium. Caser Center. Caesar Arena. The last one just doesn't flow like the first two.