• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

Official - Little Caesars Arena

Rate this topic

That's what I've been saying all along.. Takes the money out of one Illitch pocket and puts it in another.

http://www.letsgowings.com/forums/topic/80965-naming-the-new-arena-suggestion/?p=2643849

Little Caesar's Coliseum.

Illitch makes more money by one of his companies paying the naming rights to another of his companies.

If they have to use the company name they should have gone with Little Caesars Colosseum. ;)

LCA --->The LICKA ----> pronounced "LICKER".

Yeah...there's a problem with that...this is right across the river:

B9315880471Z.1_20150115164843_000_GAB9MF

We're gonna have to call it the LCA or give it some other nickname.

That's what I've been saying all along.. Takes the money out of one Illitch pocket and puts it in another.

http://www.letsgowings.com/forums/topic/80965-naming-the-new-arena-suggestion/?p=2643849

Little Caesar's Coliseum.

Illitch makes more money by one of his companies paying the naming rights to another of his companies.

LCA --->The LICKA ----> pronounced "LICKER".

Its funny going through that old thread and seeing all of the comments.

That's sports in 2016. It will only get worse with increased sponsorship involvement (e.g. sponsor logos on jerseys, etc.). I guess i don't really care. If this helps our ownership continue to remain financially solid and able to provide this team with all the financial backing/resources needed to continue to run one of the best organizations in all of sports....then I'm okay with it. I do like the above suggestion of just calling it the Caesars Center though.

True - just that we expect more is all.

Lambeau Field in Green Bay, WI might be the only pro sports facility not whored out once the Joe is demolished.....To me - that says alot.

Soldier Field in Chicago...yes renovations were done, but the original facade still remains

I know, how dumb we are for preferring the name reflect the culture, history, or people of our great city instead of acting as an advertisement for sub par pizza. Perhaps we should build an alter to Mike Illitch in Campus Martius Park and ritualistically bow each time we pass since idol worship is now something to be proud of.

The arena is partially financed with public funds, so its not asking too much to have the name reflect the public, and not corporate, interest.

But that's just me. I'm a dreamer...who also played attention in civics class. Now if you'll excuse me, Living Colour's "Cult of Personality" just came on the radio and I need to go practice being slavish.

Edited by kipwinger

Could have been a lot worse I guess at least it's a local company but why not name it after the owner? Mr. I deserved that honor so much.

When you have the option of guys like Howe, The Captain, Lidstrom and of course Mr. I it sucks that it's just another bland corporate name. Really thought the Wings would be different than all the other s***ty sponsored name arenas.

Could have been a lot worse but it could have also been better. The new arena better has a statue of Yzerman infront. Hate all these new shiny over the top paid by taxpayers arenas.

I know, how dumb we are for preferring the name reflect the culture, history, or people of our great city instead of acting as an advertisement for sub par pizza. Perhaps we should build an alter to Mike Illitch in Campus Martius Park and ritualistically bow each time we pass since idol worship is now something to be proud of.

The arena is partially financed with public funds, so its not asking too much to have the name reflect the public, and not corporate, interest.

But that's just me. I'm a dreamer...who also played attention in civics class.

It shows a complete disregard for the community, city, and fans. If Mr. I wanted to advertise his barely-edible pizza chain, why didn't he class it up a bit with this effortless move:

Little Caesars Colosseum?

Even Little Caesars Forum sounds better.

Fitting though, the name choice is as subpar as the product it advertises.

The corporate sponsor aspect is bad enough. But when you hear the words "little caesers" what is the first thing that comes to your mind? A rich history of tradition and a commitment to excellence? Hard hitting in your face action? Skill speed and agility that will leave your breathless?

No. The first thing that comes to your head is a ****ing gooey fattening greasy pizza.

Other than Jobing.Com Arena (which sounded like "jobber" to me), this may be the worst name of an arena in league history.

The sap center (shark tank) bb&t center (Florida) there's some other bad ones too (Verizon, rexall, Canadian tire)

The corporate sponsor aspect is bad enough. But when you hear the words "little caesers" what is the first thing that comes to your mind? A rich history of tradition and a commitment to excellence? Hard hitting in your face action? Skill speed and agility that will leave your breathless?

No. The first thing that comes to your head is a ****ing gooey fattening greasy pizza.

Well fans will need to get creative and find something like the Sharks did. Almost nobody knows the "real sponsored name" of that arena because everyone is simply calling it the Shark Tank.

Well fans will need to get creative and find something like the Sharks did. Almost nobody knows the "real sponsored name" of that arena because everyone is simply calling it the Shark Tank.

Literally the sap arena. That's worse than little Caesar's

My only issues is the public funding aspect. The MASSIVE public funding. If the illitches had paid for it themselves they could name it whatever they want and I wouldn't have much to say.

I agree with this perspective to a point and John Oliver did a solid episode on publicly funded arenas. I've heard arguments on the other side that also sway. I've seen that the arena is estimated to cost $627M and could go higher. Even though Ilitch is personally worth 5 billion+, I doubt his company has that amount of free cash to spend at one time so I understand if a certain amount coming from government funding.

One thing to consider on the naming issue, is that the Ilitches have essentially turned away a huge amount of money by not selling the naming rights to another company. Maybe it's their interest to have the advertising (although I don't think it's that much extra exposure - we all knew the new arena would be lined with Little Ceasars venders, signage, and they would give free pizzas at the games just like they do at the Joe). But think of the alternative of them taking a huge amount of public money and then using the arena to bring in an extra money to cover part of their end (Blues got 70 million for 20 years naming rights for the Savvis center for a random example) Probably everyone would prefer Howe arena or honoring some local hero, but I think Little Ceasars is the best option for corporate naming.

Edited by PavelValerievichDatsyuk

f*** you Tom Wilson never liked the hiring of this guy, he simple is an annoying suit who doesn't give a s*** about the rich history of this team or what the term Hockeytown really means and stands for.

Let's hope that stupid render is just another placeholder, the only logo on top of that roof should be the winged wheel, nothing else.

Edited by frankgrimes