• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

Official - Little Caesars Arena

Rate this topic

What do you mean "What's next?"

You're acting like this is out of the norm.

This has been commonplace for quite a long time.

Maybe not in Detroit but we have had the oldest arena.

Maybe it has but then it's time to chance it back. MSG is the only arena left without a sponsored name such a shame really.

Can't wait till the oilers announce their name for that plastic dome, although everyone knows it should be named after #99

Maybe it has but then it's time to chance it back. MSG is the only arena left without a sponsored name such a shame really.

Can't wait till the oilers announce their name for that plastic dome, although everyone knows it should be named after #99

Well if you want to submit a business plan as to how they can make up that lost revenue then I'm sure they'd consider that. lol

But that's kind of the point.

If for example Comerica bought the naming rights people might be annoyed but everyone could understand becasue they would have had to have dumped a battleship full of money onto Mr. I's front yard.

This is simply shuffling money from one of Mr. I's companies to another. He's not making any money by doing this. Sure you could say there's a gain in marketing but I'd argue it's completely negligible anyway becasue who the hell around here doesn't know about Little Caesars already. It's so incredibly self centered for such little gain. Here was a chance really rally the fan base around something and instead he sold out to himself for a marginal marketing effect. No one is surprised by the decision, and of course he but that doesn't make it any less offensive to us.

This is also ignoring the fact that half of the stadium comes from publicly funded money (I could be wrong though) so why should he get to profit off of the taxpayers capital without their consent? And also ignroing the fact of the gigantic bait and switch with the roof again for marginal corporate gain. And also ignoring the fact IT'S A FREAKING MEDIOCRE PIZZA CHAIN. NOTHING ATHLETIC ABOUT IT.

what arenas are named after an athletic company?

I know, how dumb we are for preferring the name reflect the culture, history, or people of our great city instead of acting as an advertisement for sub par pizza. Perhaps we should build an alter to Mike Illitch in Campus Martius Park and ritualistically bow each time we pass since idol worship is now something to be proud of.

The arena is partially financed with public funds, so its not asking too much to have the name reflect the public, and not corporate, interest.

But that's just me. I'm a dreamer...who also played attention in civics class. Now if you'll excuse me, Living Colour's "Cult of Personality" just came on the radio and I need to go practice being slavish.

"Sub Par Pizza"

This is the greatest crime of all... How this man amassed such wealth from what can only be described as a bottom of the barrel pie - is truly a mystery.

what arenas are named after an athletic company?

I guess I didn't properly convey what I mean.

Most stadiums are named after banks and financial institutions. While they aren't athletic they aren't anti athletic eitther. Neutral if you will.

A big fat greasy cheesy pizza is about as anti athletic as you get.

Edited by CrimsonFlame

And forget the Octupus, the 8 wins thing doesn't make any sense in the new building... Let's throw pepperoni on the ice to emulate a giant pizza being made? I can just picture it, Karen Newman wearing a cute Little Ceasers hat, and 20,000 pepperoni littering the ice before puck drop.

Dare I say, Bakers hats instead of Wing-Nuts?

This is how we roll?

Time for one more beer before bed.

The Caesarena. That's what I'm going with.

If there is solace to be taken, it's that the capitalistic rapacity that gives us corporate-named arenas is also what provides us with lives so comfortable that this is probably the worst thing to happen to us today.

Anything with "Little" in it sounds dorky and puny.

Haha reminds on that famous police academy scene, someone sprayed Dork on Harris' chest and he walked around being the laughing stock at the beach and then complained to the chief of Miami. Yeah little and hockey doesn't match at all but there is no way they are going to change anything. still a shame when a team has so many deserving guys and yet they aren't even mentioned...just sad Edited by frankgrimes

We all knew the name would be sold. I don't even think too many people are that mad about the name, but couple that together with the logo on the roof when it was supposed to be an LED of the Detroit Red Wings logo then people that are very upset. The name itself isn't really that bad we all knew would be a corporate name of some kind. I just think people are upset because they were shown and sold and helped pay for one product, and now the rug has been pulled out underneath them. Plus the logo looks like crap on top of the Arena. This franchise has slowly turned into an embarrassment since around 2009 and it seems every decision from top to bottom has become more and more embarrassing. What's funny is they talked about how they were able to spend Millions more money on expanding Suites and VIP sections then they cut the spending on the LED rooftop. It just goes to show that this is a corporation that cares about the bottom line first not its fans.

Well if you want to submit a business plan as to how they can make up that lost revenue then I'm sure they'd consider that. lol

Here's my business plan for Edmonton. Stop coming in last every year. Draft a defense man this time. Make the playoffs. STOP SUCKING

I wish Donald Trump owned this team instead.

worst idea ever! If most are having issues about the LC logo on the roof, under Trump it would have a giant comb over, then our Griffins would have to go through some sort of reality show crap to make it to the big team.

Well if we fail to make the playoffs our first year at the Pizza Palace we can at least blame it on the lame name of our new arena and not on Andersson(Faceoff Connoisseur) starting in all playoff games over Mantha every year.

Edited by GoWings!

You joke, but if done right I would watch the s*** out of that show.

a properly done hockey reality show of how prospects try to make it to the big team could be interesting. but, the way they manage this sh*t you know he's gonna be pulling them from practice to make them go and get him a sugar cookie or something stupid.

Is anyone actually surprised about this? Seriously? I hate the corporate way sports has become, but it is what it is. And sadly, money rules the world. So what can we expect? Enjoy the last season at the Joe while you can. I'm looking forward to visiting the new arena just to see how it is in comparison with JLA, but while I'm sad that the new rink has a corporate name all over it, I'm not surprised in the slightest.

At least there's a Little Ceaser's Hockey thing. Maybe it's a tie-in for the kids.

I wasn't all that surprised. I mean, there are lots of businesses and/or products that wouldn't work at all. I mean, how silly would "Summer's Eve Arena" be when we don't play in the summer?