• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jersey Wing

Marquette's Lakeview Arena named Kraft Hockeyville winner!

Rate this topic

Hats off to Lakeview, the cozy little barn on the shore of Lake Superior, that beat out a rink in Calgary to be this year's Kraft Hockeyville arena and they get $150K in arena upgrades/fixes and a preseason NHL game.

I spent many many nights at Lakeview as an NMU underclassman enjoying those Wildcats. Dallas Drake and Jim Hiller, former Wings, both played there.

Screen-Shot-2016-04-23-at-2.58.16-PM.png

Edited by Jersey Wing

This is pretty cool. I didn't expect them to win, as the U.P. always gets ignored.

First pro-hockey game played in the U.P. ever???

As far as the Wings go, Marquette has a Little Caesars and everything...I don't see why the Ilitches weren't interested.

This is pretty cool. I didn't expect them to win, as the U.P. always gets ignored.

First pro-hockey game played in the U.P. ever???

As far as the Wings go, Marquette has a Little Caesars and everything...I don't see why the Ilitches weren't interested.

The first pro hockey game ever was played in the UP, as it is the birth place of professional hockey.

The first pro hockey game ever was played in the UP, as it is the birth place of professional hockey.

Cool fact. I had no idea. I also neglected to remember the 1954 Red Wings exhibition game outside vs the Marquette Prison inmates. How's that for some history, Mr. I?

So, first official NHL game involving two NHL teams, then.