• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Andy Pred 48

50 contracted players

Rate this topic

There are plenty of sites out there with this information, none quite as good as capgeek (RIP)... but the one I currently use is generalfanager.com.

Nice looking site .... So it says 44 out of 50 but with the ufa's we have and some rfa's could be more space for us to sign some guys

Any idea what the plans gonna be with some of the rfa in Grand Rapids ?

Think Aubry, Campbell, lashoff will be signed ? Can't imagine lashoff being given a 2 way deal, gotta think that ship has sailed

McCollum is a ufa and have to think he knows he won't ever get a chance in detroit and try his luck elsewhere (not sure if he counted on the contract limit or not )

Anyways let's hope the wings try and sign another NCAA player or 2 , maybe invite some undrafted kids and give them a look as well

Are there any big NCAA ufas this year? No stand out D but a few forwards, Gladiuk and Vesey look the best players but Cook, Kolenda and Schmit look interesting with some size and RH shots.

Edited by Andy Pred 48

I'd like to re-sign Lashoff as one of our veteran defensemen. I'm not sure if Paetsch will be back or not. I'd like to package one of Marchenko or Ouellet in a deal to get a top pair defenseman, with the other playing 3rd line with the Wings. I'm hoping we'll keep Sproul as our number 7 to start the season, and Jensen will likely be waived and sent to Grand Rapids if he clears. That would leave us with Lashoff / Paetsch, Jensen, Russo, Renouf, Hicketts and Saarijarvi down in Grand Rapids.

I'm okay with not re-signing Aubry or Campbell, but I hope we re-sign Miele. I'm hoping Frk and Callahan are our 13th / 14th forwards next season, and we need to make room for Svechnikov and Turgeon, as well as full time spot for Nastasiuk. We also just signed Mathew Santos to an AHL contract from North Bay, so he will likely be on the team next year as well.

I think it's time to move on from McCollum and go with Coreau and Paterson next season.

I'd like to re-sign Lashoff as one of our veteran defensemen. I'm not sure if Paetsch will be back or not. I'd like to package one of Marchenko or Ouellet in a deal to get a top pair defenseman, with the other playing 3rd line with the Wings. I'm hoping we'll keep Sproul as our number 7 to start the season, and Jensen will likely be waived and sent to Grand Rapids if he clears. That would leave us with Lashoff / Paetsch, Jensen, Russo, Renouf, Hicketts and Saarijarvi down in Grand Rapids.

I'm okay with not re-signing Aubry or Campbell, but I hope we re-sign Miele. I'm hoping Frk and Callahan are our 13th / 14th forwards next season, and we need to make room for Svechnikov and Turgeon, as well as full time spot for Nastasiuk. We also just signed Mathew Santos to an AHL contract from North Bay, so he will likely be on the team next year as well.

I think it's time to move on from McCollum and go with Coreau and Paterson next season.

Don't think paetsch counted on the 50 contract limit as I believe he didn't sign a 2 way deal? And I'm kinda hoping we don't waste a contract like that on lashoff as well

Any chance Aubry could be in the 4th? Don't know much about him besides apparently how he's improved (not that it's worth much right now) .... Gotta say I like his size but when I saw he's 24-25 already I guess he'll never get an NHL look

When I look at the site, it says 30 contracts for next season...where do you see 44?

On the left side it says 44/50

I think we need a veteran defenseman down there, so for me it's either Lashoff or Paetsch. I don't care which one.

Aubry is a decent bottom 6 center in the AHL, but I don't see him ever making the NHL. I'd much prefer Turgeon take over that role with the Griffins.

I think we need a veteran defenseman down there, so for me it's either Lashoff or Paetsch. I don't care which one.

Aubry is a decent bottom 6 center in the AHL, but I don't see him ever making the NHL. I'd much prefer Turgeon take over that role with the Griffins.

oh for sure turgeon is way ahead of Aubry

I don't mind that we have veteran defensemen in the ahl , Just wouldn't want them to count on the 50 limit contracts if they'll never make the NHL

Paetsch is under contract to the Griffins, not the Wings and does not count towards the 50 man limit. Aubry, Campbell, Miele, and Lashoff are all career minor leaguers.