• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

Grand Rapids Griffins Playoff Thread

Rate this topic

Absolutely. That's why I figure We'll see Russo as the go to dman in GR next season. See if he can build upon this season as the go to guy before getting his shot with the Wings. Sproul will likely take a bit of time to adjust, which is why I think it would be great for him to start as the #7 and work on earning NHL minutes over time.

Svechnikov has looked great in his debut. Looked nervous early on, but has seemed to shake that off pretty quick and has made some nice plays since.

Bertuzzzzzzi!!!!!

What a beauty this kid is. Always seems to be in the right place at the right time...

Mantha - 10 points (4 goals, 6 assists), +8, 23 shots in 8 games.

Bertuzzi - 8 points (7 goals, 1 assist), +9, 18 shots in 8 games.

Athanasiou - 5 points (2 goals, 3 assists), +4, 8 shots in 5 games.

Frk - 4 points (1 goal, 3 assists), +1, 8 shots in 4 games.

Svechnikov - 1 point (assist), -1, 2 shots in 1 game.

Sproul - 8 points (1 goal, 7 assists), +5, 25 shots in 8 games.

Russo - 4 points (1 goal, 3 assists), +4, 4 shots in 8 games.

Ouellet - 3 points (1 goal, 2 assists), +3, 12 shots in 8 games.

Edited by krsmith17

Would like to see Mantha scoring more goals but admittedly I am unable to watch any of the Griffins games so I probably shouldn't be speaking on his play

I think Mantha is going to be somewhat of a project. It will take some time and patience for him to be everything he is capable of; a Perry type goal scorer. It's never too late for him to add a physical element to his game either

Great win, Bertuzzi looks to have that knack to put them in and has a heart, nice to see and hope he gets a chance.

I am a little concerned over the swings in this series, but haven't analyzed it enough to voice on them and I won't. For what it is, meaning to take a close look at our prospects, I think it looks promising overall.

I do agree Mantha probably will take a little longer than "normal" to bloom, so I'm guessing he'll peak in his later twenties. With that size, I'm willing to wait while he settles in and fills up, the payoff would justify it.

I agree Son of a Wing. I'm stoked to see what Sproul has been able to do this season, especially so far this post season. And it's not just the points he's putting up, he's looked very good in all three zones. Steady and poised in the defensive and neutral zones, and very dangerous in the offensive zone.

As far as Mantha goes, and wanting him to score more goals... He's 6th in the league with 10 points, and has played a game less than anyone else above him. He's also tied for 10th in the league with 4 goals. 2nd to 9th are all tied with 5 goals, all playing one more game, with the exception of Josh Anderson. The number one spot goes to Bertuzzi with 7 goals in 8 games.

Mantha has also been engaged in the play more than I've ever seen. He's forechecking and backchecking just as hard. I've really liked what I've seen from him so far in these playoffs, and he's getting rewarded with the points.

Potential Game 7 moved to Nationwide Arena. I'm hoping the Griffs can pull it off so I can go to the game!

What? That's crazy! That would be like moving a Griffs game to the Joe.

Which actually might not be entirely bad considering the lack of hockey around Detroit in May.

Is bertuzzi making himself a must for the wings to protect for expansion draft?

He's a legit playoff performer ... Ahl isn't the NHL but we can already tell he's gonna be someone who raise his game when the post season comes around , and I gotta think the expansion team(s) will pick up some kids with potential and is gotta think bertuzzi would be claimed

Is bertuzzi making himself a must for the wings to protect for expansion draft?

He's a legit playoff performer ... Ahl isn't the NHL but we can already tell he's gonna be someone who raise his game when the post season comes around , and I gotta think the expansion team(s) will pick up some kids with potential and is gotta think bertuzzi would be claimed

I hope your're right, and you very well could be, but lots of guys do this. In 2013 Tatar, Glendenning, Ferraro, Sheahan, and Jurco were all amongst the league leaders in playoff scoring for a Calder Cup winning team.

I hope your're right, and you very well could be, but lots of guys do this. In 2013 Tatar, Glendenning, Ferraro, Sheahan, and Jurco were all amongst the league leaders in playoff scoring for a Calder Cup winning team.

True but it's not like they are going to bring up someone who's not performing. At least he's showing he can bring it in the playoffs, even though it's only the AHL playoffs.