• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

Grand Rapids Griffins Playoff Thread

Rate this topic

True but it's not like they are going to bring up someone who's not performing. At least he's showing he can bring it in the playoffs, even though it's only the AHL playoffs.

Of course, but that's not my point. My point is that ALOT of players that the Wings bring up are AHL playoff performers, and that by performing well in the AHL (points wise) does not mean that they are a lock to produce at the NHL level (point wise).

Its definitely a good sign, and my comments were not even against the original poster. On these forums posters have a tendency to love players when they are in the AHL, but the second they have any difficulties in the NHL, they s*** all over them and cast them off as junk (ie. Jurco). Look at Nyquist, he went from being the savior to a "must trade" in 2 years, when all along he was just a very good secondary scorer (still is).

Anyways, I'm going off topic. Bert appears to be a very good player in the AHL, and I hope he gets a shot with the Wings to prove that he can do it at the NHL level, but when he comes up I hope people dont turn on him like they do most other prospects. I feel some will have an expectation for him next year to score a point per game with the Wings come playoff time, and I doubt that will happen.

I've said all season that Sproul has been one of our best defensemen down in Grand Rapids. He's far better than both Marchenko and Ouellet in my opinion. I get that Marchenko has been ahead of him because he's "safer", but Sproul has cleaned up his defensive game a ton. Sproul's offensive puck possession game far exceeds Marchenko's defensive shut-down game in my opinion...

I wish they reported possession metrics for the AHL. I'd love to see how the young guys shape up in that department. I'd imagine Sproul and Russo lead the way, but it would be cool to see how they stack up against the rest of the league.

Edited by kipwinger

Ouellet!!! 3-1!

There's a lot of stats I wish the AHL would track. It's actually unbelievable how little they track. You would think with the way teams are developing and moving more and more towards advanced analytics, they would incorporate these tools into their farm clubs...