• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

Grand Rapids Griffins Playoff Thread

Rate this topic

He should start next season as our number 7. He definitely has all the tools to be a top 4 defenseman at the NHL level. I'm hoping he can take over Green's role over the next couple years.

Honestly, I'd keep him in GR for another season. Being the odd man out of the line-up doesn't do much for his development, especially considering Blashill is our coach now (not saying Blashill can't develop players, but rather than Sproul and Blashill will have worked together already, so he wouldn't be seeing much of anything that would be new as far as the system goes).

You're right; I think he could be a legitimate top-tier guy, but you have to keep him playing. I've been disappointed with how Smith/Marchenko and some others on the offensive side of things (Pulks and Jurco) have been brought up because they're close to being good enough, but then sitting all the time instead of playing because they're not quite there yet.

Sproul can't be sent down without going through waivers. He would most certainly be picked up by someone. Same goes for Marchenko, Ouellet, Jensen and Frk. Jensen will likely be waived and he has a decent chance in clearing and playing another season in Grand Rapids.

He should start next season as our number 7. He definitely has all the tools to be a top 4 defenseman at the NHL level. I'm hoping he can take over Green's role over the next couple years.

I know the guy was like our leading defensive point scorer but I think Green was abysmal this year, and I hope that Sproul can replace him as well. I'm not optimistic it will happen, but I'm hopeful.

Wings/GR have a lack of goaltending depth beyond the obvious 1 and 2 spots. McCollum is turning 27 this year, is washed up, and is being outplayed by Korpisalo, who is a nice prospect for Columbus.

How many seasons has McCollum been in GR? 7 or something?

Didn't watch the game but didn't we lose 2-1? Wouldn't say McCollum was a disaster , in fact wasn't he not bad this year? He'll never be a starter but maybe he can be a Joey McDonald type back up for a few seasons some where?

In any case Jared coreau is ahead of him and I'd gotta believe McCollum will move on ,Patterson will also be in Grand Rapids as well unless we trade one of them

Yeah, McCollum has been in Grand Rapids for 8 seasons if I'm not mistaken. I'm not quite sure why he got the start over Coreau, but he has been decent so far in the playoffs. I think McCollum will be a career AHLer, but Coreau may have a future in the NHL as a backup.

Didn't watch the game but didn't we lose 2-1? Wouldn't say McCollum was a disaster , in fact wasn't he not bad this year? He'll never be a starter but maybe he can be a Joey McDonald type back up for a few seasons some where?

In any case Jared coreau is ahead of him and I'd gotta believe McCollum will move on ,Patterson will also be in Grand Rapids as well unless we trade one of them

Unfortunately Patterson looks like McCollum v2.0

Have you seen Paterson play Pat? I seen him play one game and although I wasn't all that impressed, I didn't think he looked too bad for his first (or second) pro game. What gives you the impression he will be a career AHLer?