• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
RedWingsRox

Boudreau to Minnesota

Rate this topic

It's been one year for crying out loud. Give the guy a break. I'm not going to judge him based on one year. We made it to the playoffs didn't we? How long has Beaudreau been coaching?

It was one year, yes...a bad year. We made it to the playoffs on momentum from previous years. Blashill is in over his head. If he were a coach that could do his thing on the main stage, we wouldn't have crawled into the playoffs. This team should have steamrolled half the league this year. There's only so many nhl level coaches to go around, is my point. We should be so lucky to have one next year. Edited by Hack & Whack Rule!

It was one year, yes...a bad year. We made it to the playoffs on momentum from previous years.

What momentum? We almost didnt make it in 2015 and in 2014 we got embarassed by Boston first round. We also got embarassed by Nashville in 2012 first round.

Blame Blash all you want but Babcock was just as terrible in the playoffs with a BETTER roster.

Regardless of what a team does from year to year, it's ridiculous to suggest that a team can miss or make the playoffs based on the "momentum" from the previous year...

Blashill didn't have a great year, but he certainly didn't have a terrible year either. He finished right around where most fans expected he would in his first full season. With the changes being made this offseason, and the growth of Blashill with his first NHL season under his belt, I expect a better result next season. Of course, depending on who is brought in to take over the two assistant positions and goalie coach, as well as what changes are made to the roster will determine how much better the results will be...

What momentum? We almost didnt make it in 2015 and in 2014 we got embarassed by Boston first round. We also got embarassed by Nashville in 2012 first round.

Blame Blash all you want but Babcock was just as terrible in the playoffs with a BETTER roster.

By previous years, I mean more than two or three. The Wings have been lacking a bit when it comes to motivation. While I wasn't very vocal about it, I was hoping to see Babcock leave four years ago. I do blame Blashill because I think he failed to place players where they needed to be and to motivate. I felt the same about Babcock. I know the players are the ones on the ice, but they take direction from behind the bench.

There is scientifically no such thing as momentum anyway. It's just a sports catchphrase. There's nothing in recent production that is capable of predicting future production.

That being said, they finished ahead of teams they needed to finish ahead of to make it to the playoffs. Would you rather be the Red Wings or the Capitals right now? Both didn't make it to the ECF, let alone the Stanley Cup... Florida and Anaheim got trounced in the first round.

There is scientifically no such thing as momentum anyway. It's just a sports catchphrase. There's nothing in recent production that is capable of predicting future production.

That being said, they finished ahead of teams they needed to finish ahead of to make it to the playoffs. Would you rather be the Red Wings or the Capitals right now? Both didn't make it to the ECF, let alone the Stanley Cup... Florida and Anaheim got trounced in the first round.

I would have to disagree with that. If you are taking "momentum" in a game, that is usually a combination of two things, adrenaline and anxiety which can dictate game flow.

When a team gets "momentum" the majority of the players are likely getting a rush of adrenaline which is a a sudden burst of energy from an increase in the hormone and neurotransmitter "adrenaline". While the players on the team with momentum against them have a tendency of feeling anxiety, which is a a feeling of worry. Would this apply to every single player on the ice, of course not, but it does apply to some.

Long story short, I do believe momentum is a real thing and in a scientific way.

The "momentum" being discussed above in the context of us making the playoffs based on the momentum of previous years, that I dont agree with.

Edited by kliq

It's been one year for crying out loud. Give the guy a break. I'm not going to judge him based on one year. We made it to the playoffs didn't we? How long has Beaudreau been coaching?

People to seem to forget the vaunted Babcock basically had the same results as Blashill for his final 3 years here. Getting in the playoffs either the last week/day, and getting stomped in the 1st round. The big difference is he had an actual veteran team, and superstars with some miles left on them still.