• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

ECF : Tampa Bay Lightning vs. Pittsburgh Penguins

Rate this topic

As someone who has learned far too much about knees from my own meniscus tears, a torn acl and a tear in the mcl in one knee, three years of PT and a partial replacement next month, I think the way Bishop went down is ACL related. Straight stretch too far down the middle. Not saying he tore it but his reaction tells me it's bad.

Tampa is a deep team with loads of experience from last years' play off run. What they are pulling off now while missing so many key players no longer surprises me.

I do hope that their current success with Stamkos not in the lineup makes them less willing to dish out the kind of money he is looking for.

Tampa is a deep team with loads of experience from last years' play off run. What they are pulling off now while missing so many key players no longer surprises me.

I do hope that their current success with Stamkos not in the lineup makes them less willing to dish out the kind of money he is looking for.

One of the other reasons I'm cheering for them to win is the one you just stated.

Their success without him coupled with his current condition will certainly do that. Which will mean he will get less in the market too.

Someone will offer him max contract. Someone always does.

Edited by kickazz

Interesting that Callahan didn't even have a hearing for his hit. I thought it was much worse and dangerous than the hit that Letang himself was suspended for against WSH. You have to imagine it's because Letang came back later in the game. The attention to whether someone was injured or not on a play and how that factors into a suspension is getting a bit overboard if you ask me. I get it, but the act itself has to carry far more weight.

Interesting that Callahan didn't even have a hearing for his hit. I thought it was much worse and dangerous than the hit that Letang himself was suspended for against WSH. You have to imagine it's because Letang came back later in the game. The attention to whether someone was injured or not on a play and how that factors into a suspension is getting a bit overboard if you ask me. I get it, but the act itself has to carry far more weight.

It sucks that they seem to be waiting for a broken neck to occur before putting the foot down. There is zero reason for Callahan to avoid this hit in the future. Except next time it might kill someone.

I saw bits and pieces of the game (most of the 1st, half of the 2nd and 3rd). I flipped back to the game about 30 seconds after the OT goal....that happens when the goal is scored in the first 40 seconds.

The level of scrutiny Crosby has been under is pretty incredible though. So many people just can't get past goals and assists. I totally get it, that's what he's paid to produce, but he was a monster out there for a lot of the shifts I saw, only thing missing was getting the puck past the goalie (which is the most important I guess).

Anyway, I did see the aftermath and they made a pretty big deal out of Crosby having 47 career playoff goals, but that was his 1st career playoff OT goal. Funny stat, Mario Lemieux didn't score a single playoff OT goal in his career.

I saw bits and pieces of the game (most of the 1st, half of the 2nd and 3rd). I flipped back to the game about 30 seconds after the OT goal....that happens when the goal is scored in the first 40 seconds.

The level of scrutiny Crosby has been under is pretty incredible though. So many people just can't get past goals and assists. I totally get it, that's what he's paid to produce, but he was a monster out there for a lot of the shifts I saw, only thing missing was getting the puck past the goalie (which is the most important I guess).

Anyway, I did see the aftermath and they made a pretty big deal out of Crosby having 47 career playoff goals, but that was his 1st career playoff OT goal. Funny stat, Mario Lemieux didn't score a single playoff OT goal in his career.

Yep. Neither did Howe or Messier. Last I checked, Crosby is top 5 in playoff points per game. That's pretty damn good, especially in an era where scoring is harder than prior eras.

Crosby is arguably still the best player in the league, I won't judge him on this year with all the turmoil in Pittsburgh but Kane was unreal this year. It looks like Mcdavid will be the best player soon

Arguably? I don't think it's arguable. He finished top 5 in scoring again despite having a terrible start to the year. Kane is just now joining the party. Crosby has been in the Hart trophy and Art Ross discussion for years. Doing it year after year is what makes someone the best.

Been watching most of game 3 and it's been absolute domination. 4-1 now, but could be 10 if TB goalie hasn't been spectacular. PIT is headed for 50+ shots and are outshooting TB so far in the series like 120 - 60.

Arguably? I don't think it's arguable. He finished top 5 in scoring again despite having a terrible start to the year. Kane is just now joining the party. Crosby has been in the Hart trophy and Art Ross discussion for years. Doing it year after year is what makes someone the best.

I guess Kane was just too busy winning cups...

So I guess we shouldn't even compare Crosby and Ovechkin anymore either because, you know, Ovechkin hasn't won anything in the playoffs, Olympics, etc?

Fact is, comparing Kane to Crosby or Ovechkin to Crosby doesn't make sense anyway, you really can't compare wingers and centremen. Centremen are far more important and that fact will always cause me to give the edge to the centreman if its otherwise close.