• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

WeBleedRed

Datsyuk - someone who works for JLA told me he's sold his house

Rate this topic

I was going to say the opposite on "taste", most of the house is totally not my style, but especially the two "statues" at the front steps

I agree. Typically not a fan of the styles of larger, more affluent houses. I've been exploring Zillow with my girlfriend and we've been put off from our dream of owning a mansion.

He has signed 2 years with SKA, more info to come.

His agent says no. But that could mean anything.

As for the contract, if we're not going to be contending next year anyway, I'm not sure it is worth the first/second round pick we'd probably have to give up to convince someone to take on the contract.

Edited by Aethernum

Didn't he already say he wouldn't try and trade it, out of respect?

Nah he said he'd try to move it this year. The whole "we won't move your contract" comment was last year when Pav initially wanted to leave - this year is a different story.

Edited by kickazz

Even if Holland did say he wouldn't trade it (which only makes sense if you are trying to create a story in which Holland is a villain), I'm sure all it would take is for his boss to say "trade the contract". Holland has pull, but with something like this I cant see the Illitch's not forcing his hand.

The only way he doesn't do it is if teams try to get too much from us in return.

If Datsyuk is gone (looks like he is), Holland will definitely do whatever he can to trade the contract. But why the hell would he say that he will trade it when Pav was still undecided a month or two ago? If there's even a shred of hope that he might come back, you don't say you're going to trade the contract. All that would do is make Pav's decision that much easier. Although I think he may have had his mind made up even long before we first heard about it... Still though, if we've learned anything over the years, it's that what Holland (and other GM's / coaches) say to the media isn't always 100% accurate. Datsyuk's contract will be traded, unless like has been mentioned, the asking price is way too high (I don't think it will be)...

I wouldn't mind seeing Pav do something similar to what Selanne did with Anaheim in the 2007-08 season. We could keep his contract on the books, he could stay over in Russia with his daughter, continue to practice and train over there until after Christmas, and come back to Detroit for one last push / playoff run...

I guess that would all depend on whatever other moves we could possibly make though. Obviously if that contract is the only thing preventing us to sign a big name free agent or make a trade, then we try to trade it. But if it's going to be dead cap space and Pav would be willing to do that, I'd certainly entertain the idea of him coming back for one last hurrah...

I remain worried that with Mike Illitch's influence on things possibly waning due to age and health, the actual decision makers in the org may not be as willing to spend to the max each year as he was. The idea the Illitchs would order KH to trade a contract that doesn't have to be paid so that they can use that money on someone else presupposes that they want to spend money and aren't interested in saving where it's possible to do so. I'm not so sure about that.

I don't think Datsyuk would do this. If so, The Detroit Red Wings could take action against him since he's still under their contract. This would create a lot of issues down the road. I don't think Pav's that stupid.

I will say though that Milstein and Datsyuk need to tread lightly. If he's planning on playing in Russia so be it. But at least be careful about it and let the Wings ownership get the final decision so they can plan to move the contract. Even going as far as "talking" to other teams is a risk. The press will be all over it.

Edited by kickazz

I know the World Championships are in his home country, but I thought it was funny Datsyuk said he wanted to spend more time with his daughter, but he's playing for team Russia... I haven't been following things close, but I still think Dats comes back to finish his contract. Even if his Detroit house is sold, he can rent a year.

I know the World Championships are in his home country, but I thought it was funny Datsyuk said he wanted to spend more time with his daughter, but he's playing for team Russia... I haven't been following things close, but I still think Dats comes back to finish his contract. Even if his Detroit house is sold, he can rent a year.

On the locker clean out day Datsyuk signed everyones jersey and took individual pictures with his teammates. That doesnt sound like someone coming back.

Playing in a 2 or 3 week tournament in your home country where your daughter lives is much different then being across the world for 9 months a year. Who is to say that his daughter isn't at the game watching her father, going out for dinner with him afterwards etc. And even if she isnt, its a very short tournament, just not the same.

Playing in a 2 or 3 week tournament in your home country where your daughter lives is much different then being across the world for 9 months a year. Who is to say that his daughter isn't at the game watching her father, going out for dinner with him afterwards etc. And even if she isnt, its a very short tournament, just not the same.

I understand it, just sounded funny.

On the locker clean out day Datsyuk signed everyones jersey and took individual pictures with his teammates. That doesnt sound like someone coming back.

Has he talked to Holland yet? When Dats said he still needs to talk to Holland, that was big for me. If he retires, fine, but if I'm betting money, I'll put in on he's coming back.

I understand it, just sounded funny.

Has he talked to Holland yet? When Dats said he still needs to talk to Holland, that was big for me. If he retires, fine, but if I'm betting money, I'll put in on he's coming back.

He hasn't talked to him yet. But talking to Holland are just player exit interviews required by each member of the team at the end of the season.

Anyways, why would he sign players jerseys and take individual pictures.. That sounds like a lot of work and a waste of time if he wasn't leaving lol.

If Dats came back it would be a miracle. But miracles in hockey have happened before so we will see in a few weeks. To be honest though if there was one miracle I'd want from Ken Holland this summer... It wouldn't be bringing back 38 year old Datsyuk, it would be signing Steven Stamkos.

Edited by kickazz

Have you seen the performance and his joy in playing at home, in the photos from Worlds? I haven't seen him look that happy or play that well in years. I would say he's a good as gone.

I am grateful for the years we've had with Datsyuk, and wish him well. I am pleased that he was always and ever a Red Wing, regardless of what he decides to do with his life and his talents.

To be completely honest, the more I think about it, I think Datsyuk going is a blessing in disguise.

We are not going to win the cup this year, our goal needs to be to complete the re-build and become contenders by 2018. If Datsyuk leaving gives us the ability to trade his contract and use that cap space to trade for or sign someone who can be apart of our core moving forward, that is a good thing!

This is not a slight on Datsyuk, the guy is one of the greatest Red Wings off all time, and watching him over the last 14+ years has been a privilege. But, in a re-build you need to look long term and Datsyuk regardless of whether he plays this year or not, is not apart of those long term plans.

I look forward to seeing him get his jersey retired at the new building.

Yep. That $7.5 million cap space (and letting Miller/Helm walk if need be) basically allows us to offer Stamkos a max contract. Or it allows us to sign Okposo + Radulov. OR trade for a 1D. All the while being able to re-sign our own restricted free agents such as Mrazek, Danny D.

So many options possible if we moved his contract.

Hell if even it was dead space you could get DD and Mrazek to sign a bit cheaper deals. I'm pretty sure Mrazek stated in a recent interview that he understood the next contract depends on the circumstances of money.

Edited by kickazz

https://www.nhl.com/news/pavel-datsyuk-reportedly-wants-to-leave-red-wings/c-280792884

Goodbye! Time to move on. Thanks for limping through the last season so you can be "Magic" again for the National Team.

Yeah saw the statements from his agent couple days ago about this.

I really don't care about the $7.5 million dead space if he leaves. Just go have fun in Russia dude. We love you and always will but your heart isn't in Detroit. It's in Russia. We get it :(