• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

WeBleedRed

Datsyuk - someone who works for JLA told me he's sold his house

Rate this topic

Yeah, the Datsyuk for Pronger swap makes the most sense for both teams. Wings take Pronger, having to pay real dollars but no cap hit, and the Coyotes take Datsyuk and his cap hit, but don't have to pay any real money... Seems like a no-brainer...

Yeah, the Datsyuk for Pronger swap makes the most sense for both teams. Wings take Pronger, having to pay real dollars but no cap hit, and the Coyotes take Datsyuk and his cap hit, but don't have to pay any real money... Seems like a no-brainer...

Yes plus it actually helps a budget team like Arizona because they don't wanna pay real dollars, wings have no problem with that. I think a deal in which we take back pronger significantly drives down the price

Is that what it is? I thought it was neither pay dollar and both get cap hit. If that's the case, sounds good.

Edited by kickazz

Pronger going on LTIR will give them cap relief just like franzen does

The only add on to that is that, to get the relief, you are forced to exceed the cap-limit:

https://www.capfriendly.com/ltir-faq

Not sure how that effects our situation, though. If we're shedding Datsyuk contract it's to add a bigger contract so we would likely reach the ceiling. If we don't reach the ceiling then Pronger's 4.921 will be a little less of a caphit then Datsyuk's 7.5.

Edited by PavelValerievichDatsyuk

I don't know about completely giving up on a shot at winning but I agree with the notion that the streak is too important to them to not do everything in their power to improve the team both next year and down the line.. And that would mean moving Datsyuk's cap hit if he were to leave but only if they have something else lined up of course.

I think that new one week (or however long it is) interview period rule is pretty huge for GMs in general but especially for holland in a year like this. Interviewing upcoming UFAs and then possibly exploring trade options will tell him if he even needs to move the cap hit.

I don't believe it's "the streak" that's so important to this organization, it's icing a competitive team, and doing everything they can to compete for the Stanley Cup every year. You have no chance to make a Cup run unless you make the playoffs, so that is the goal every single year, the streak is just what comes with that.

Holland is not a short sighted GM. He will do everything he can to trade the contract, to improve the team this year, but he will not do so if it will hamper the team in the future. He's already said he won't give up too much in terms of assets to trade Datsyuk's contract, and I think that would include Jurco or even Pulkkinen unless there's a pick coming back the other way.

I've asked this before and I think it's worth asking again. With Mr. I. possibly out of the day-to-day operations of the team due to age and heath, how do we know the decision-makers still intend to spend whatever it takes, the way he did? Maybe the next generation would rather maximize profits than spend to and beyond the limit every year. Taking a big contract we have to pay in exchange for one we don't have to pay (Pronger for Datsyuk) presumes we don't mind spending money and getting nothing in return. I believe Mr. I. was that way, but don't know that's the case for whoever is making the ultimate financial decisions these days.

That was two years ago. He also said the same thing last year and didn't... Obviously anything any general manager says to the media has to be taken with a grain of salt, but I don't think Holland would be willing to give up valuable assets to rid the team of a contract that is off the books in years time anyway.

This team isn't ready to contend next season regardless of what happens with Datsyuk's contract, so having to eat that cap hit for one season wouldn't be the worst thing that could happen. If we can trade it for a reasonable price, we should obviously do it, but if it's going to cost us valuable assets, we shouldn't...

I've asked this before and I think it's worth asking again. With Mr. I. possibly out of the day-to-day operations of the team due to age and heath, how do we know the decision-makers still intend to spend whatever it takes, the way he did? Maybe the next generation would rather maximize profits than spend to and beyond the limit every year. Taking a big contract we have to pay in exchange for one we don't have to pay (Pronger for Datsyuk) presumes we don't mind spending money and getting nothing in return. I believe Mr. I. was that way, but don't know that's the case for whoever is making the ultimate financial decisions these days.

I have asked myself this question many times, especially after that lackluster presser where they basically shrugged of the LED question. I didn't like the hiring of Tom Wilson back then (that guy is from the NBA what does he know about hockey? in every interview his just talking about numbers and the bottom line...), but with Chris Ilitch it's different. It's hard to assume how this guy will manage the Red Wings but it seems like he isn't exactly like his dad. Seems to be the last one in and the first one out when it comes to the Red Wings, see team photos at the end of the season. Maybe I'm wrong and he will lead the Wings like his father did but his hirings and some replies aren't exactly pointing into that direction.

But if that's the case, the Wings troubles will obviously go far beyond rebuilding the right way or not...because it all starts at the top, either an owner does whatever it takes or he doesn't and if it's the later well then Stanley Cups won't be on the agenda.

But let's also make that caphit a bigger problem than it really is, it's a one year contract in a year, where the Wings might start without a number 1 center and a number one defenseman (barring some miracle). So it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to have that deal for just 1 year, of course trading it should be the first option.

Wilson was brought in to help the business side. His knowledge of hockey, or lack thereof, has little if anything to do with his duties.

Again nothing personal against him but the guy IS from the NBA. So I'm sure he is an expert in the NBA business side of things, a smart guy and what not but that doesn't translate to the NHL. It would be the same vise versa what does an NHL business type know about the NBA? Nothing. You have to understand hockey, how it works to be good at the business side of it. I mean you can't work for let's say Apple without knowing what a MBP is and how it works.

If you want to bring in someone who can increase the "bottom line" it should have been a hockey name like #99.

If we're going to give them Jurco or Pulkkinen, we might as well see if there isn't an actual hockey trade to be made.

I'm already on record as saying Martin Hanzal ought to be one of our top trade targets. I also like Michael Stone.

Again nothing personal against him but the guy IS from the NBA. So I'm sure he is an expert in the NBA business side of things, a smart guy and what not but that doesn't translate to the NHL. It would be the same vise versa what does an NHL business type know about the NBA? Nothing. You have to understand hockey, how it works to be good at the business side of it. I mean you can't work for let's say Apple without knowing what a MBP is and how it works.

If you want to bring in someone who can increase the "bottom line" it should have been a hockey name like #99.

I doubt there's that much difference.

Datsyuk's meeting with Holland should have been concluded by now today. I'll be the first to predict that he is playing in S:t Petersburg, Russia next season.

Heck, I might even visit and watch him play if the cards fall right.

So with Chicago having to give up Teravainen to get rid of Bickell's $4 million dollar cap hit, it's starting to look like Datsyuk's contract might be a lot harder to move than expected..

Edited by kickazz

I honestly hope this gets wrapped up quickly...Before ya know it it'll be draft day, and UFA shortly thereafter.

technically it can't Pasha is bound till July 1. So even if Holland wants to he can't trade him before the draft.

Another team that won't spend to the cap are the Senators and I'm sure Melnyk would love that deal. Wonder if they would do Neil or Cowen for Pasha and one of Jurco / Pulkinnen plus a second.

Although with that Teravainen trade he asking price for that contract could get high, I just hope Holland isn't crazy enough to put the 15 overall in play to get rid of that contract.