• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

Wings acquire SJ prospect Dylan Sadowy

Rate this topic

hahahah Yeah because I said we have NEVER had those types of players.

Years ago we did, but in the last several years - not so much.

We have those types of players even now. Two probably fit into the category. One averaged 18+ minutes a game. Do I think it would be nice to have more? Yeah.

Edited by kickazz

I agree with sputman, in that we likely had our eye on him a couple years ago, and planned on taking him in the 4th round until San Jose snagged him in the 3rd. I see him developing into another Bertuzzi type player, which can't be a bad thing. I see him as a bottom 6 agitator at the NHL level, that can also put up a few points. He's not afraid to drop the mitts, or go to the hard areas of the ice, and scores a lot of his goals in the periphery of the crease. I'm guessing he will play one more season in the OHL before he makes the jump to the AHL the following season?...

It's a bit of an odd trade for Holland to make, but I like it. I just hope this isn't his idea of being aggressive in the offseason... :lol:

He can still play in junior next season as an overage, 20 year old, as long as the Colts aren't to their limit. Each team in the OHL is eligible to carry three overage players each season. It's up to management and what they think is best for his development. I'm thinking you're right though and he makes the jump to pro and plays next season in Grand Rapids.

I thought I read the plan was to start him in GR. Maybe I made that up

I read that too, but didn't get it directly from Holland. However, I believe he will start in GR next season, it makes the most sense.

I watched him his entire OHL career here in Saginaw (until he was traded half way through the season last year, which is typical in the OHL), and Wings fans should be excited. I'd argue he's a little tougher version of Abdelkader with a better scoring touch. He was always the first one to jump in & defend his teammates. Was a good captain here. Great pick-up!

Lets not get carried away here. We are talking about a recently turned 20 year old that has never played a pro hockey game. At 6-1/195 his listed size at Barrie he is also a lot smaller than Abby. he is a kid that could become something down the road. The question is what? Is he a Mitch Callahan type? A Lil Bert type? A Abby type? Way to soon to know anything. Getting him for a 3rd is a good move. But does it become a great move?

I think when you've had 2 40 goal seasons at the OHL level, it means you've developed to the top of the league. I think he should definitely be in the AHL next year and take the next step. These articles say his shortcomings are that he needs to work on foot speed and bulk up. Get him with our pro trainers.

I think when you've had 2 40 goal seasons at the OHL level, it means you've developed to the top of the league. I think he should definitely be in the AHL next year and take the next step. These articles say his shortcomings are that he needs to work on foot speed and bulk up. Get him with our pro trainers.

I think they're still working on Pulkinnen, Tatar and Nyquist. Either our players are stubborn or our pro trainers suck.

:lol:

Lets not get carried away here. We are talking about a recently turned 20 year old that has never played a pro hockey game. At 6-1/195 his listed size at Barrie he is also a lot smaller than Abby. he is a kid that could become something down the road. The question is what? Is he a Mitch Callahan type? A Lil Bert type? A Abby type? Way to soon to know anything. Getting him for a 3rd is a good move. But does it become a great move?

Did you ever watch him? I believe SpiritFan has had more access to him than anyone since he's been able to watch him live when he was in Saginaw.

As far as the people wondering if he will be back in the OHL this coming season, no, this past season was his overage year. He goes pro this coming year, be it in Grand Rapids or Toledo. I'd think it would be Grand Rapids from everything I have read.