• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

2016 SCF: San Jose Sharks vs. Pittsburgh Penguins

Rate this topic

Pittsburgh heading to the Finals. Wow. Never would have predicted that, much less a Sharks/Pens Finals match up when the season or the playoffs started. Just shows anything can happen in today's NHL. Interesting that it's two pretty inexperienced goaltenders who made it. Murray being a rookie backup to Flower in Pit. taking over cause of an injury, and Jones who had about 40 games of NHL experience before being traded to SJ and given the starting job heading into the season. If Pit. wins, Murray will be the youngest goalie(22) to win a cup since Patrick Roy did 30 years ago(20).

For many of us Wings fans, I can't really think of another match up where we'd want to see both teams kick the s*** out of each other more than this one, other than Hawks/Bruins and Hawks/Bolts, which we've already seen and would like to forget the outcome. Gotta go with the Sharks here though, I don't hate them even close to as much as I do the Pens. I can't bear to see Crosby hoist another cup.

man the people who said sharks win lopsided.. that is why you do not base your opinion on a small sample of games (ECF, WCF where pens had trouble and sharks dominated blues). pens have been best team in the league for about 60 games now.

Edited by shocky2002

man the people who said sharks win lopsided.. that is why you do not base your opinion on a small sample of games (ECF, WCF where pens had trouble and sharks dominated blues). pens have been best team in the league for about 60 games now.

LOL. What a hypocritical post. Is the series over?

Edited by GMRwings1983

LOL. What a hypocritical post. Is the series over?

im talking about the people who said Sharks win lopsided (4-5 games). hfboards went wild with the idea that the WCF was the real finals because of what they saw. this was always going to be a close 6-7 game series, and surprise surprise the team that's favored by Vegas is up 1-0. Of course SJ can still win this, but they are 2 to 1 underdogs now.

and if u think for one second that the penguins are getting backdoor swept im gonna have a nice laugh

Edited by shocky2002

Why isn't game 2 on tonight? I thought the Penguins liked playing back to back games in the SCF.

No, the Pens don't like that much....Bettman will only allow this maneuver when he feels he has an aging Red Wings team on the ropes and he can secure his boy, Cindy the cup

I feel a little of what you guys were putting up with in 2008-2009 With 17-21 NHL.com analyst on si.com predicting the sharks to win the cup it's hard not to see the swooning taking place for the sharks. You guys here seem to be giving the Pens a little more credit I see to my surprise.

I feel a little of what you guys were putting up with in 2008-2009 With 17-21 NHL.com analyst on si.com predicting the sharks to win the cup it's hard not to see the swooning taking place for the sharks. You guys here seem to be giving the Pens a little more credit I see to my surprise.

My logic is Pens are better and I hate Dumbo Joe so Pens in 7! Although I do love Burnzie. I don't mind Crosby anymore , he's growing up albeit a little bit.

couture says Crosby cheats on faceoffs, which I honestly believe is true, but he's going to have to at least explain himself if he doesn't want to be perceived as a "whiner".

Edited by shocky2002