• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

Hawks trade Teravainen and Bickell to Carolina

Rate this topic

Management will choose Nyquist over Tatar. Salary shouldn't come into question because Tatar will be signing an identical deal to Nyquists next year anyways

Tatar scored slightly more with lesser line mates for like one half season... Other than that he was playing with Dats who was better than Hank. Not to mention Nyquist has scored more over his career than Tatar so I don't know where these facts are coming from

Isn't Tatar not scoring on the PP kind of a bad thing and not a knock on Nyquist who is a good PP player. Strange logic

The only fact is Nyquist hasn't clearly been the better player the past season which is mostly Blash's fault in 13-14 he was clearly better, in 14-15 it was a tie in 15-16 Tatar was slightly better

Tatar doesn't bring much to the table when he's not scoring atleast goose makes plays

Management will choose Nyquist over Tatar. Salary shouldn't come into question because Tatar will be signing an identical deal to Nyquists next year anyways

Tatar scored slightly more with lesser line mates for like one half season... Other than that he was playing with Dats who was better than Hank. Not to mention Nyquist has scored more over his career than Tatar so I don't know where these facts are coming from

Isn't Tatar not scoring on the PP kind of a bad thing and not a knock on Nyquist who is a good PP player. Strange logic

salary could certainly come into question for the gm trading for nyquist or tatar. a lot less risk on tatar's contract

salary could certainly come into question for the gm trading for nyquist or tatar. a lot less risk on tatar's contract

Yes absolutely. That's why I see Tatar being traded, especially with our size issues up front. Not a lot of teams are looking to get smaller is the problem so I don't think the return on a 30ish goal scorer is going to be anything close to what we would expect

I don't see what's so hard to understand about the stats and ice time issue. Tatar did more with less. That's pretty much the end of the story.

I still think they're very similar in terms of ceiling. Good complementary players, especially if paired with a dynamic big body.

My question is, why did Tatar have to do more with 'less'?... Do you think it might have to do with the coach trusting Nyquist more? Nyquist seems to be relied on more at the end of games when up or down by a goal. Is there a reason for this?

Their production is virtually the same from year to year, and throughout their careers, they're basically the same age, same size, pretty close on the same style of play, the difference is negligible... To say either one is far superior over the other at this stage of their careers is ridiculous. They're both very good secondary skilled wingers...

Hey all,

Longtime lurker making his first post. The Bickell discussion inspired me to register. Anyways, from a Hawks fan's perspective, and as someone who watched him in both Rockford and Chicago, Bickell looks to be done. Not done as in "he's not worth his contract", but done as in "he isn't really an NHL player anymore." The rumor swirling for the past year+ was that he has mild vertigo, possibly the result of a concussion. Of course plenty of fans just think he's lazy but it looks like something is wrong with him. Certainly his contract has negative value, hence the need to move him along with Teuvo who was well-regarded here. I like BB and hope he can find his game in Carolina.

Teuvo will be missed. He's exactly the kind of cheap, young guy on the ascendant that the Hawks can use right now with all the big contracts kicking in. It's clear that management got a verbal commitment from Schmaltz well in advance, thus Teuvo became replaceable and it provided a way to shed Bickell's contract. That money will be desperately needed to sign Shaw and Panarin. Who knows if it's just PR manipulation and after-the-fact rationalizing, but reports are surfacing that management had concerns about Teuvo's conditioning and commitment. Even the stoic Kimmo Timonen commented that TT needs to get his butt in the gym everyday if he wants to be great, and that "golf is not a workout" so who really knows? On balance, Teuvo was a good but slightly underwhelming prospect given all the hype. (Yes I know he's only 21). Because of his lack of size and strength and his fear of contact, I'd be surprised if he became a legit top 6 player. I think his ceiling is something like Dave Bolland circa 2009-2013.

Hope this gives a bit of insight on the trade from a Hawks' perspective.

Edited by Friendly Hawks Fan