• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Datsyukian-Deke

Datsyuk Announcement to Officially Leave NHL

Rate this topic

Datsyuk's press conference coming up within the hour with all signs pointing to officially leaving the Detroit Red Wings and the NHL.

Thanks for all the memories Dats! You will always be one of my favorite players. It was a privilege watching him in his prime, hanging guys jock straps on the rafters.

953GP

314G | 604A

StanleyCup [x2]

Lady Byng [x4]

Frank J. Selke [x3]

Dekes and Dangles [infinity]

post-20778-0-04623800-1466272939_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Datsyukian-Deke

Datsyuk's press conference coming up within the hour with all signs pointing to officially leaving the Detroit Red Wings and the NHL.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/nhl/red-wings/2016/06/17/datsyuk-holland-meet-tonight/86033828/

Thanks for all the memories Dats! You will always be one of my favorite players. It was a privilege watching him in his prime, hanging guys jock straps on the rafters.

do you know if it will be streamed?

Said he knew when he signed contract about the 35+ age rule.

Asked how long he wants to play hockey responded "I want to play like Gordie Howe". Lol.

He sounds very sad.

Edited by kickazz

Knew it was coming. Still gutwrenching. This one stings more than Lidstrom for me. But it's hard to blame him...

Lidstrom was harder for me because I believe he still had 2-3 more solid years in him. Datsyuk has nagging injuries and lost a step this season so if he doesn't go now, he will miss his chance. Wish him the best over there.

Edited by Datsyukian-Deke

Thanks for the memories, ashame to see it unfold as it has the last few months. I wish you and your family the best Pasha, thank you for the memories

Now, let us focus on freeing up your albatross contract and get some fresh legs in here

Edited by Rivalred

Yzerman will always be the worst one for me. Going out on an upset to Edmonton. We were the president's trophy winner that year and were supposed to win the cup. With Pav the decision was easy. We are no were near winning the cup.

Yzerman was definitely the hardest. Watching my childhood hero retire was brutal. This is the only one that's come close to that. Datsyuk was magical.

We knew it was coming. One of the most well-rounded players I've ever watched and it's sad to see him go. Thanks for all the memories, Pav. He'll always be remembered for his uncanny stick-handling skills, but he was also an exceptional defensive player and always carried himself in a humble way.

Here's to a happy future in Russia and a #13 in the rafters soon.

The last multiple cup winner gone. Although everyone knew this day was coming I'm not surprised, sad yes but also extremely happy for Pasha. He get's to make a lot of money in a league without lockouts, can enjoy the time with his daughter and wife while playing hockey in front of his family and friends. Just keep that highlight reel goals coming Pavel!

Words can't describe how much joy I've had watching this guy play and do things other aren't even dreaming of. This is clearly the end of an era maybe we'll see #13 hanging from the rafters in the Gordie Howe arena some day.

All the best magic man there will never be another magician on skates like you. Enjoy Russia and your well earned retirement from the NHL.

Everyone knew he was going but it's a bad deal that we end up eating his whole contract that means no big name player coming in this summer which probably means we miss the playoffs this year 😖