• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Datsyukian-Deke

Datsyuk Announcement to Officially Leave NHL

Rate this topic

Healthy ankle or not, I wouldn't hold out hope of him coming back later, 1) it's not going to happen, 2) he'll be that much older and father time has an unbeaten record. While his was never the quickest player, he still needed enough quickness to be effective....that simply declines over time, as well as stickhandling and reflexes. Some players are built to play longer while others are not....can be simply based on the player themselves, but there's also a lot to the type of game the player has played. Take Jagr for example....he's a big guy, lots of reach, wasn't good because of his speed, he was good because of his size and skill (rare combination). Again, while speed wasn't the most important, slow foot speed hurts everyone. He's not great 5 on 5 anymore and certainly isn't very effective in playoffs anymore.

Could Datysuk still be effective in certain situations? Sure, but too much to expect he'll be able to play an all around game....but again, the most important thing to remember is....there's no chance of him coming back, so no point worrying about it

Healthy ankle or not, I wouldn't hold out hope of him coming back later, 1) it's not going to happen, 2) he'll be that much older and father time has an unbeaten record. While his was never the quickest player, he still needed enough quickness to be effective....that simply declines over time, as well as stickhandling and reflexes. Some players are built to play longer while others are not....can be simply based on the player themselves, but there's also a lot to the type of game the player has played. Take Jagr for example....he's a big guy, lots of reach, wasn't good because of his speed, he was good because of his size and skill (rare combination). Again, while speed wasn't the most important, slow foot speed hurts everyone. He's not great 5 on 5 anymore and certainly isn't very effective in playoffs anymore.

Could Datysuk still be effective in certain situations? Sure, but too much to expect he'll be able to play an all around game....but again, the most important thing to remember is....there's no chance of him coming back, so no point worrying about it

Bingo.

The Pavel Datsyuk of 2016 was not the Pavel Datsyuk of 2007, and the Pavel Datsyuk of 2018 wouldn't be any better.

It was time for him to move on - and I'm actually grateful we didn't spend the next 3 years watching the inevitable sharp decline in a once game changing talent... But I'll never be convinced it was handled appropriately, and for that reason - I doubt the Wings would take him back.

At this point, I don't think Holland could convince a person coming out of the desert to buy a bottle of water.

unless your name is Mikael Samuelsson and offer up a NMC to a player no one wanted

Most off season excitement is centered around the draft and free agency/the interview period.. The draft and interview period both start this weekend.. This is pretty much the calm before the storm.

i ment coming up since nothing is coming for us there will be no moves or other deals we will sign our RFA and come bac with the same team minus Rich Dats and Q

Edited by sjr2012

i ment coming up since nothing is coming for us there will be no moves or other deals we will sign our RFA and come bac with the same team minus Rich Dats and Q

Ah, so more of a prediction than an observation? I disagree.. I don't think any off season will ever be the best case scenario of something like get rid of bad contracts, sign big name free agents, make big trades, etc all in one off season.. But I disagree that the team will be the same minis rich dats and Q. Something has to be done; whether it's a small step forward or a leap, we won't be the same team we were this past year. Hell, we already won't with all the coaching changes. Hopefully we're in for an exciting off season.

Ah, so more of a prediction than an observation? I disagree.. I don't think any off season will ever be the best case scenario of something like get rid of bad contracts, sign big name free agents, make big trades, etc all in one off season.. But I disagree that the team will be the same minis rich dats and Q. Something has to be done; whether it's a small step forward or a leap, we won't be the same team we were this past year. Hell, we already won't with all the coaching changes. Hopefully we're in for an exciting off season.

I really hope so too i bleed this team and i dont care if we went 0-82 i just am sick of getting my hopes up past 3 years has been crappy and my favorite month is and always will be July based on the fact its Hockeys FA and i always looked forward to it now its like meh because we just havent made any moves or lost out on alot of signings im just gearing up for a realastic approch this time i hope i am wrong and we move the contract and sign some good players

I really hope so too i bleed this team and i dont care if we went 0-82 i just am sick of getting my hopes up past 3 years has been crappy and my favorite month is and always will be July based on the fact its Hockeys FA and i always looked forward to it now its like meh because we just havent made any moves or lost out on alot of signings im just gearing up for a realastic approch this time i hope i am wrong and we move the contract and sign some good players

Liljegren would for sure look good along side Danny D.

Why are you talking about a kid that just turned 17, isn't draft eligible for another year, wouldn't be NHL ready for at least another two years, and we have little to no chance in drafting?... Or is that just you're not so subtle way in saying that we'll be a lottery team next year?

Point taken. Here's to hoping holland surprises us all.

Why are you talking about a kid that just turned 17, isn't draft eligible for another year, wouldn't be NHL ready for at least another two years, and we have little to no chance in drafting?... Or is that just you're not so subtle way in saying that we'll be a lottery team next year?

Simple: Detroit needs a defenseman and baring some magical run at the draft and free agency such a finish is not too far fetched, so in some way yes, it's a subtle way of saying that I think there is a chance this team could finish in the bottom 5.

Simple: Detroit needs a defenseman and baring some magical run at the draft and free agency such a finish is not too far fetched, so in some way yes, it's a subtle way of saying that I think there is a chance this team could finish in the bottom 5.

I guess if you keep saying this every season, at some point you will be right.

Well at least it's more realistic than keep saying, if X and X steps up this team will finish top 3 or anything like that.

Who said anything about them finishing top 3? If you are talking NHL or conference, I dont think anyone has said that. If you are talking top 3 in the division which is what they have finished 2 straight years, that is not by any stretch a ridiculous prediction.

Personally I will reserve any predictions or judgements until after the roster is figured out.

it is going to be so weird not seeing 13 dangling around the opponet to be flabergasted if someone else steps up and comes anywhere close to being like him in the next 10 or 20 years