• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Datsyukian-Deke

Datsyuk Announcement to Officially Leave NHL

Rate this topic

There isnt a flight in the world that takes 30 hours. Lol

People that claim that still think about it being soviet Russia, perhaps some think they still have Zeppelin's or something like that.

Edited by NerveDamage

He probably means driving 30 hours. (It's a 32 hour drive to his daughter Lefty get it right)

Datsyuk is still pretty far from his daughter but obviously not as far as Detroit was. He could have chosen to play with a crappy team and lived with his daughter but instead he chose to play for the best team in the KHL and still live a good 32 hour drive away from the daughter ;)

This is basically like someone playing for the Pittsburgh Penguins but their daughter living in Anaheim. Instead of joining the Anaheim Ducks and living at home he went with the Penguins.

Edited by kickazz

Probably. I mean he's definitely in a way better position now to see his daughter than when he was living here. But I truly don't believe daughter was his primary reason to leave like a lot of people may think. The guy left because he was tired of playing here and wanted to play with a good Russian team and win a championship there. Which is fine by me. I'd do the same probably.

Edited by kickazz

What if you flew all the way around the world non stop. That would probably take 30-35 hours lol.

Flying around the world at the equator in a commercial airplane would take about 45 hours. Not sure if planes with that kind of range exist.

He probably means driving 30 hours. (It's a 32 hour drive to his daughter Lefty get it right)

Yea, and if he walked it would take about 2000 hours. Why the f*** would a professional athelete and millionaire drive anywhere for 30 hours?

Yea, and if he walked it would take about 2000 hours. Why the f*** would a professional athelete and millionaire drive anywhere for 30 hours?

Not sure? To test out his new BMW ? See the country side. Idk if you're looking for an actual answer but the point of my original post was his reference to the driving time between St. Petersburgh and Datsyuk's hometown which is 32 hours. For some reason you thought he was talking about a 30 hour flight. Idk where you got 30 hour flight time from btw lol.

Datsyuk's new team is about 6 hours away from his hometown by flight and 32 hours by drive.

Edited by kickazz

Flying around the world at the equator in a commercial airplane would take about 45 hours. Not sure if planes with that kind of range exist.

they do exist, the main problem is refueling.

Not sure? To test out his new BMW ? See the country side. Idk if you're looking for an actual answer but the point of my original post was his reference to the driving time between St. Petersburgh and Datsyuk's hometown which is 32 hours. For some reason you thought he was talking about a 30 hour flight. Idk where you got 30 hour flight time from btw lol.

Datsyuk's new team is about 6 hours away from his hometown by flight and 32 hours by drive.

and it's only a 2hr45min flight away from St. Petersburg. I think you left out the time change when moving from different time zones

Edited by NerveDamage

they do exist, the main problem is refueling.

and it's only a 2hr45min flight away from St. Petersburg. I think you left out the time change when moving from different time zones

Oh yeah you're right. 2 hour time difference.

Btw

NHL-Awards-2012.jpg

Edited by kickazz

Not sure why I assumed he would travel by plane to see his daughter? Because when I imagine the illustration of a Venn diagram, Pavel Datsyuk would be located at the intersection of the following sets:

A) Needs to travel a great distance

B) Has the means to afford a plane ticket

C) Isnt a complete moron

That still doesn't explain a 30 hour flight assumption :lol: .

I didnt assume a 30 hour flight time, I assumed that Lefty either didnt know or was exaggerating the flight time between St Pberg and Datsyuks home town and was pointing out his mistake.

Datsyuk is still pretty far from his daughter but obviously not as far as Detroit was. He could have chosen to play with a crappy team and lived with his daughter but instead he chose to play for the best team in the KHL and still live a good 32 hour drive away from the daughter ;)

This is basically like someone playing for the Pittsburgh Penguins but their daughter living in Anaheim. Instead of joining the Anaheim Ducks and living at home he went with the Penguins.

I never said 30 hour flight. I said 30 hours. I've been in the airline industry for 26 years...I know how long flights are to the other side of the world.

He's playing 30 hours away from his daughter...and that's what I said.

I never said 30 hour flight. I said 30 hours. I've been in the airline industry for 26 years...I know how long flights are to the other side of the world.

He's playing 30 hours away from his daughter...and that's what I said.

then it was a misleading comment to say the least.

I didnt assume a 30 hour flight time, I assumed that Lefty either didnt know or was exaggerating the flight time between St Pberg and Datsyuks home town and was pointing out his mistake.

...again, I never said 30 hour flight. I said 30 hours.

So, this guy renigs on his contract to play close to family...then signs to play on a team 30 hours away from his daughter.

Automatically disqualifies has # from being retired in my book.

I don't see where this even suggests a flight....

...again, I never said 30 hour flight. I said 30 hours.

I don't see where this even suggests a flight....

dude, you roofed the ball on this one.

My parents live 70 miles away from me so if i wanted to go visit them by foot it would take me over 3 days to reach them, so, with your logic, they live 90+ hours away from me? see, it doesn't make sense...

dude, you roofed the ball on this one.

My parents live 70 miles away from me so if i wanted to go visit them by foot it would take me over 3 days to reach them, so, with your logic, they live 90+ hours away from me? see, it doesn't make sense...

...again, I never suggested, eluded to, said or even referred to a flight. I said he plays 30 hours away. I don't care how folks read it, nowhere in my original post, which I quoted above, was the word or idea of a flight ever brought up. Shame on the folks who actually thought of a flight when I said 30 hours... Edited by LeftWinger