• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Datsyukian-Deke

Datsyuk Announcement to Officially Leave NHL

Rate this topic

Damn him to hell, he crippled us, we couldn't move his contract, he effed up Jurco's back, hurt Kronner's knee, and I heard he was a Bernie Sanders supporter... smh

btw he had one less point than Zetterberg and played 16 games less than him. You can't deny that when he came back from injury the team looked a lot better than without him... Let a player play and enough with the Pasha hate.

Put it this way, if he honored his contract, and played to his ability, we wouldn't have had to trade the contract, we'd have that top prospect D that IS projected to be a #1 and wouldn't be worried about whether we can get Trouba or Shattenkirk...we wouldn't have had to sign Nielsen, maybe they would've still signed Vanek and Ott though.

I say damn Datsyuk for floating around and not honoring his contract. For all the s*** Fedorov gets, at least he honored his contracts until they expired. But, he can retire whenever he wants, so be it, but he f***ed us more ways than one.

Put it this way, if he honored his contract, and played to his ability, we wouldn't have had to trade the contract, we'd have that top prospect D that IS projected to be a #1 and wouldn't be worried about whether we can get Trouba or Shattenkirk...we wouldn't have had to sign Nielsen, maybe they would've still signed Vanek and Ott though.

I say damn Datsyuk for floating around and not honoring his contract. For all the s*** Fedorov gets, at least he honored his contracts until they expired. But, he can retire whenever he wants, so be it, but he f***ed us more ways than one.

You are better informed than me in this and I value your points, but, Datsyuk was never treated as well as he shoulda been here, imo he should have been wearing the C and didn't, he was our number 1 guy but still had him as 2nd Center for a good chunk of past seasons. I say damn the Swedish Mafia.

I know Fedorov did finish his contract, but at the end he did pursue earning more money. Pasha went on to play in the Khl for far less money and perhaps get a shot at winning the Gagarin cup in his homeland in front of his nationals.

And believe you me, I'm upset that I won't ever see him play live wearing a Red Wings jersey. But life goes on and at least we get to see more magic from him even if only on replays.

Edited by NerveDamage

You are better informed than me in this and I value your points, but, Datsyuk was never treated as well as he shoulda been here, imo he should have been wearing the C and didn't, he was our number 1 guy but still had him as 2nd Center for a good chunk of past seasons. I say damn the Swedish Mafia.

I know Fedorov did finish his contract, but at the end he did pursue earning more money. Pasha went on to play in the Khl for far less money and perhaps get a shot at winning the Gagarin cup in his homeland in front of his nationals.

And believe you me, I'm upset that I won't ever see him play live wearing a Red Wings jersey. But live goes on and at least we get to see more magic from him even if only on replays.

I do agree, he should've been captain. Plus they should've focused more on getting and/or keeping an elite sniper to play on his wing. Yes, I mean Hossa. But even after that, they forced him to play with Abby, Helm, Cleary at times. I don't blame him for being mad, but don't sign the contract and not honor it and absolutely don't come out and not give 100%. Yes, I'm saying it, like Franzen before the concussion, he got his contract and dialed it back significantly.

So, I am mad at datsyuk for not giving his all when we needed it and not honoring his contract. He has his reasons and rights, but to me it will always be a skid mark on his career...much like a lot of fans still hold over Fedorov.

You have no way of knowing that the Wings would have drafted Jakob Chychrun with that pick. It is very possible that with his injury history the Wings weren't interested in him at that point in the draft just like the other teams that picked before them.

And believe you me, I'm upset that I won't ever see him play live wearing a Red Wings jersey. But life goes on and at least we get to see more magic from him even if only on replays.

Nothing but bs here. Datsyuk was treated extremely well by Mike and Marian Illitch and to think otherwise is ridiculous. Paid well, given top minutes for most of his career, over the course of his career he also played with the best linemates out of all the Red Wings centers from 2002 - 2016. But I guess some fans just like to ignore facts and whine and whine to make Datsyul look like some victim. This line of argument is absolutely no different than when Lefty was trying to make Datsyuk look worse off, only the opposite which is trying to victimize Datsyuk and make the organization look like s***. Which they are not and you hear about it from all the league players and other owners and broadcasters. It's funny because Datsyuk himself was talking about how much he appreciates the ownership and management for taking care of him and his family. It's good to see conspiracy theories spilling into LGW well before the upcoming season starts though.

As far as captaincy goes, every tom, dick and harry knew Zetterberg was going to get it since like 2003. He was drafted and developed to be the future captain.

Edited by kickazz

I do agree, he should've been captain. Plus they should've focused more on getting and/or keeping an elite sniper to play on his wing. Yes, I mean Hossa. But even after that, they forced him to play with Abby, Helm, Cleary at times. I don't blame him for being mad, but don't sign the contract and not honor it and absolutely don't come out and not give 100%. Yes, I'm saying it, like Franzen before the concussion, he got his contract and dialed it back significantly.

So, I am mad at datsyuk for not giving his all when we needed it and not honoring his contract. He has his reasons and rights, but to me it will always be a skid mark on his career...much like a lot of fans still hold over Fedorov.

Datsyuk was never mad, that's just conspiracy theory/victimizing bs that's starting up on this thread. I've NEVER heard Datsyuk complain about the Red Wings or his line mates. And Datsyuk is a sneaky blunt dude (go look up his opinion on same sex marriage where he gave a blunt answer to the reporter). He has ALWAYS gotten to play with whoever he asked for. Case and point, after Babcock initially put Abdelkader on the top line, Abdelkader was permanently promoted and was stuck on the first line because Datsyuk wanted him to continue on his wing. It's ridiculous that people around here think the guy was treated unfairly. As much as Babcock was getting stale, he showed utmost loyalty to his veterans especially Datsyuk and Zetterberg. Perhaps Babcock's only shortcoming was over-using both of them, which I've already complained about a few hundred times.

I love how the narrative has switched from making excuses for Datsyuk because he wanted to go back to his daughter to blaming the organization for treating him unfairly. When in reality we all knew since like 2009 or 2010 that Datsyuk wanted to go back to Russia eventually. That's all there is to it. He wanted to leave, he wanted to play in his homeland, he was homesick. Nothing else to it.

And your comment about "being forced to play with Abby". Datsyuk WANTED to play with Abby. And why not? The Datsyuk, Abdelkader, Zetterberg line was one of the best lines in the league when they were at their best. Obviously not as good as the Datsyuk/Zet/Hull or Datsyuk/Zet/Holmstrom line but it was still really good. Our problem was mostly our defense in those initial years we lost Lidstrom.

Using an analogy to sum up Abdelkader’s contribution to the top six forwards this season, Datsyuk said, “It’s like somebody needs to pull the piano and somebody needs to play the piano. This is a guy who pulls the piano.”

http://redwings.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=659235

Edited by kickazz

I do agree, he should've been captain.

imo he should have been wearing the C and didn't

I think a big consideration for Datsyuk not being captain is language. His English just wasn't good enough to talk to referees, let alone doing all the extra press coverage that is expected out of a captain. Anyway, Pav seemed to like being left alone and fly under the radar while he was here.

I think a big consideration for Datsyuk not being captain is language. His English just wasn't good enough to talk to referees, let alone doing all the extra press coverage that is expected out of a captain. Anyway, Pav seemed to like being left alone and fly under the radar while he was here.

Exactly. Plus when Lidstrom was retiring Datsyuk's contract was expiring while Z was locked in till 2021. There's probably a multitude of factors at play here. But the language barrier is probably a big one.

Edited by kickazz

Nothing but bs here. Datsyuk was treated extremely well by Mike and Marian Illitch and to think otherwise is ridiculous. Paid well, given top minutes for most of his career, over the course of his career he also played with the best linemates out of all the Red Wings centers from 2002 - 2016. But I guess some fans just like to ignore facts and whine and whine to make Datsyul look like some victim. This line of argument is absolutely no different than when Lefty was trying to make Datsyuk look worse off, only the opposite which is trying to victimize Datsyuk and make the organization look like s***. Which they are not and you hear about it from all the league players and other owners and broadcasters. It's funny because Datsyuk himself was talking about how much he appreciates the ownership and management for taking care of him and his family. It's good to see conspiracy theories spilling into LGW well before the upcoming season starts though.

As far as captaincy goes, every tom, dick and harry knew Zetterberg was going to get it since like 2003. He was drafted and developed to be the future captain.

So one can't have a preferred player to be captain or their own perspective of how things could be without been called a conspiracy theorist or a whiner? interesting..., that's some sheep mentality over there.

So one can't have a preferred player to be captain or their own perspective of how things could be without been called a conspiracy theorist or a whiner? interesting..., that's some sheep mentality over there.

You can have your preferences there's nothing wrong with that. But to pretend like the organization not giving him captaincy and saying he was "Not treated as well as he should have been" is nothing short of ridiculousness. This organization has always treated their players well. That's what sets them apart from the other orgs. You only hear about how good they are to their players like a thousand times a year. Maybe two thousand, I lose track.

Edited by kickazz

As an ESL'er I know and understand about the language barrier, believe me. I've seen so many interviews where he'd make a joke and it went unnoticed. And agree with your point about the duties of a captain and how it could cripple Datsyuk. All I was saying is, as a fanboy, I wanted him to get the C, that's it.

You can have your preferences there's nothing wrong with that. But to pretend like the organization not giving him captaincy is UNFAIR treatment is nothing short of ridiculousness. This organization has always treated their players well. That's what sets them apart from the other orgs. You only hear about how good they are to their players like a thousand times a year. Maybe two thousand, I lose track.

Dude you've make great points, and I think we're misinterpreting each other in some bits of the convo. I didn't mean it as they treated him unfairly, maybe there's a flaw in my previous phrasing. But you know that in any other team in the league could have offered him more money and give him the C just to lure him into their organization.

And at no point am I making excuses for Datsyuk's decision to leave. Nor villainizing the organization.

and about what you editted in: "Not treated as well as he should have been" is nothing short of ridiculousness.

Well that's your input about it, sorry if it seems ridicule to you. but, that's as best as I could express my train of thought at that moment, what I had typed first would have sparked a greater discussion. For me not giving him the C was not treating him as well as it should have been and that's what I meant.

Edited by NerveDamage

Datsyuk was never treated as well as he shoulda been here, imo he should have been wearing the C and didn't, he was our number 1 guy but still had him as 2nd Center for a good chunk of past seasons. I say damn the Swedish Mafia.

This is what I responded to and none of it is really true. He had the most minutes amongst forwards for the Red Wings for like the last two years. And the captaincy talk I already mentioned and PVD mentioned the language barrier.

As an ESL'er I know and understand about the language barrier, believe me. I've seen so many interviews where he'd make a joke and it went unnoticed. And agree with your point about the duties of a captain and how it could cripple Datsyuk. All I was saying is, as a fanboy, I wanted him to get the C, that's it.

Dude you've make great points, and I think we're misinterpreting each other in some bits of the convo. I didn't mean it as they treated him unfairly, maybe there's a flaw in my previous phrasing. But you know that in any other team in the league could have offered him more money and give him the C just to lure him into their organization.

And at no point am I making excuses for Datsyuk's decision to leave. Nor villainizing the organization.

Alright well all I'm saying is Datsyuk was treated as best as they could have treated him and given the best opportunity for most of his career. Maybe there were times where he shouldn't have played with Brad Richards or Dan Cleary but that happens to a lot of players. There were times where Yzerman played with Doug Brown or Fedorov played with Darren McCarty.

That's as best as I could express my train of thought at that moment, what I had typed first would have sparked a greater discussion. For me not giving him the C was not treating him as well as it should have been and that's what I meant.

Well let me ask you a question, why is Z less deserving of it than Datsyuk? They were probably both equally deserving of it and one of them was locked until 2021 while the other was finishing off his contract.

This is what I responded to and none of it is really true. He had the most minutes amongst forwards for the Red Wings for like the last two years. And the captaincy talk I already mentioned and PVD mentioned the language barrier.

Alright well all I'm saying is Datsyuk was treated as best as they could have treated him and given the best opportunity for most of his career. Maybe there were times where he shouldn't have played with Brad Richards or Dan Cleary but that happens to a lot of players. There were times where Yzerman played with Doug Brown or Fedorov played with Darren McCarty.

1st bolded comment: Yeah, you've explained that before, and he have talked about it and in a team with lots of Swedes, yeah it makes sense, but it doesn't change my preference.

2nd bolded comment: that's part of what I meant, I'm not as elocuent as you and, as I said before, perhaps it was poor, or blunt, phrasing on my behalf,

Well let me ask you a question, why is Z less deserving of it than Datsyuk? They were probably both equally deserving of it and one of them was locked until 2021 while the other was finishing off his contract.

I'm not saying he's less deserving, I'm just not that big of a fan of him as I am of Datsyuk, same as I was a bigger fan of Chelios (specially when he was dubbed Captain America) than Lidstrom and other D's when I first started watching hockey.

Does someone's fandom needs an explanation or logic? same would apply if you asked me why I root for the Wings. I'm not from or ever been, yet, to Michigan, I loved the logo and that's how it all started. A 15 year old playing NHL Faceoff that didn't know squat about the sport he now loves, who'd have known I'd be following the best team ever.

Edited by NerveDamage

what do you think about the smaller neutral zone? they have a lot more room to play in the O zone.

I'm for it.. The NHL should do that. They got rid of the two line pass rule, so they might as well make the neutral zone smaller.

The rink is wider in the KHL too, right? International sized I think.... Obviously that'd be harder for the NHL to incorporate but both of those things could help increase scoring; which I'm all for.

I'm for it.. The NHL should do that. They got rid of the two line pass rule, so they might as well make the neutral zone smaller.

The rink is wider in the KHL too, right? International sized I think.... Obviously that'd be harder for the NHL to incorporate but both of those things could help increase scoring; which I'm all for.

that and the reducing the size of goalie equipment, I thought that was gonna hit this season, but apparently, uncle Gary is gonna take his sweet time with this one.

I also thought that was going to happen this season, has there been news otherwise?

I remember reading, that it wouldn't take effect this season, perhaps the next. They wanted to have it ready for the WCH but instead went on to say it was still a work in progress.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/world-cup-of-hockey/streamlined-goalie-equipment-delayed-2017-18-season/

Edited by NerveDamage