• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Datsyukian-Deke

Datsyuk Announcement to Officially Leave NHL

Rate this topic

Everyone knew he was going but it's a bad deal that we end up eating his whole contract that means no big name player coming in this summer which probably means we miss the playoffs this year 😖

They don't need to eat his contract. They will trade it in the next couple of days.

This is outrageous and a penalty fine of 7.5 million dollars should be incurred on the traitor from the Soviet union. Furthermore, add a few days in the local downtown Detroit holding jail before letting him out on bail to soften him up.

On a more serious note, he's old, hurt, want to give it one last shot at home. Do not like how he does it, but I do accept and understand it.

As I mentioned earlier, I might watch him if he plays in S:t Petersburg. Ain't too far from here and my master thesis supervisor comes from there. Angles add up to go watch a game in the fall.

Edit: Some mumblings being heard that his contract is already traded, just not announced yet. Take it as gossip for now as it is not substantiated.

Edited by Jacksoni

I said it before, but I'll say it again, I can't help but be bothered by the fact he isn't playing out the contract. I suspect it will actually end up helping the team as they'll probably get out of this and be able to use the cap space, but we're not there yet...should have been easier.

@riger1984: Hearing contract will be traded to Carolina and will have to give up either Jurco or Pulkkinen in the deal.

Anybody know if this guy is a legit source?

There is no way they would announce any sort of trade of his contract this weekend. This is Pav's ride into the sunset.

@riger1984: Hearing contract will be traded to Carolina and will have to give up either Jurco or Pulkkinen in the deal.

Anybody know if this guy is a legit source?

This just seems like the most plausible outcome not so sure about it being an inside source

Gotta say, Datsyuk not finishing out his contract leaves a sour taste in my mouth. He has been my favourite player for years but I don't think he's in the same realm as Yzerman and Lidstrom

Edited by joesuffP

Jeff Riger is a good source. But we were all 90% sure it was going to be Carolina and a young player was going with him.

Pav/Pulk for maybe a 7th round sounds ok.

Honestly, if it was Carolina and we only had to give up Pulks or Jurco then they are doing us a favor. Chicago had to give them Teuvo just to take Bickell who has a lower cap hit than Datsyuk.

Bitter sweet.. I'm sad I can't watch pav in the winged wheel anymore but am happy for him doing what he believes will make him happy. I wish him nothing but the best.

Thanks for the memories Pavel. Can't wait for the highlights of you making the rest of the KHL look silly.

Ansar Khan @AnsarKhanMLive 2m2 minutes ago

Ken Holland said he's not optimistic about trading Datsyuk contact but has spoken to teams. The price is high.

Helene St. James @HeleneStJames 2m2 minutes ago

Ken Holland says he's not overly optimistic about moving Datsyuk contract, says takers want lots of young assets.

Nick Cotsonika @cotsonika 2m2 minutes ago

Red Wings do not want to part with too many assets to clear cap space for one season.

ken holland said pavel originally wanted a 5 year deal. so we can put all this "holland pushed him into a long deal nonsense" to rest

Holland said ex agent Greenstin wanted 5 yr deal. Holland only comfortable with 3 yrs.Said Datsyuk might have left if he offered only 1 year

From the first game in 2001 you could not keep your eyes off this guy. "Who the heck is this kid and how in the world did they find him?" Every single year he made improvements to his foundation of insanely out of this world skills and creativity. He got stronger, he got better on D, he shot more, he stole more pucks, he developed even more jaw dropping moves, he started actually celebrating goals a little bit more with the rest of us (who were usually jumping and screaming at what we saw), and he took on the role of a leader. Above all he was and is a class act.

I have zero tolerance or respect for those who are angry that he is leaving and feel he somehow "owes" the Wings or you anything. It is his life and like all of ours, you get only one and it is short. He lost his mother at about the same age his daughter is now. Of course I don't know the man, but I think it is easy to figure this out and appreciate the internal struggles he wrestled with. Family is more important than anything. Good for him.

Edited by lwing

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 2m2 minutes ago

Ken Holland said he's not optimistic about trading Datsyuk contact but has spoken to teams. The price is high.

Helene St. James ‏@HeleneStJames 2m2 minutes ago

Ken Holland says he's not overly optimistic about moving Datsyuk contract, says takers want lots of young assets.

Nick Cotsonika ‏@cotsonika 2m2 minutes ago

Red Wings do not want to part with too many assets to clear cap space for one season.

The thing is they aren't just clearing cap space for one year, if they can clear this contract and get the space they have a really legit chance at getting Stamkos which is a generational type player.

To the topic at hand though. Farewell to #13. Top 5 favorite Wings all time. He did things on the ice that no other players could do past or present. Good luck in the future Pav.

Edited by puckbags

Based on what Holland said just now, does not sound like Pavs contract is going to move. Maybe he's playing the media, but I'm not sure. If we have to eat that 7.5.... boy. At least we'll have a team full of kids I guess.

I see it as a possible ploy. It might seem like Carolina and Arizona have the upper hand in the deal but both teams would be unaffected by taking his contract for one season and would give up a chance at a free high end prospect if they try to hold Holland over the barrel too much.

I see it as a possible ploy. It might seem like Carolina and Arizona have the upper hand in the deal but both teams would be unaffected by taking his contract for one season and would give up a chance at a free high end prospect if they try to hold Holland over the barrel too much.

I sure hope so. Holland and the media keep saying about this "one year" thing, yeah but that's not true. If you hold the space, you can't make an FA moves, let alone a big one like Stamkos, it would essentially mean the only additions are from GR. I'd love to believe Howard and Ericsson would be traded to free up space, but I just don't see it.

now we know why datsyuk stayed last season

Helene St. James@HeleneStJames 3m3 minutes ago

Holland said Wings told Datsyuk they'd fight him playing in KHL 15-16, agreed if he honored that, accept him leaving this summer.

Holland isn't stupid. He knew if he had Datsyuk's 7.5 contract and 2 seasons left on it he would be stuck with it. One year is much more appetizing to teams.

Holland isn't stupid. He knew if he had Datsyuk's 7.5 contract and 2 seasons left on it he would be stuck with it. One year is much more appetizing to teams.

yup. but it's pretty clear datsyuk's heart wasn't in it the moment he signed the contract