• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

WeBleedRed

Detroit trades Datsyuk to Arizona

Rate this topic

I was really hoping Chychrun would fall to us...and then we traded the pick and Pheonix took him, lol.

That said, this is definitely Holland's best move in a long, long time. Never thought we get out of it that easy.

Good one. But for both sides actually. Smart deal from Chayka also.

Would have liked to get Hanzal in a bigger trade. Hopefully that's still to come...

I was really hoping Chychrun would fall to us...and then we traded the pick and Pheonix took him, lol.

That said, this is definitely Holland's best move in a long, long time. Never thought we get out of it that easy.

He'll be really good. But that was the prize. Chayka knew that Holland was gonna pick the guy. That's why he did the deal besides getting Vitale off the roster.

Edited by poel

This is an amazing deal by Kenny, hats off. I must say I was shocked and so happy when it went down. Add a 2nd rounded and Vitale damn near guarantees no more Miller.

Vitale is not gonna be in our roster. It changes nothing. Vitale is useless. Miller will be back...or at least I hope so.

Honestly, this deal was great and it's hard to complain. I don't know anything about the kid we just picked but Chychrun seemed like the guy that could have reshaped the future of our defense. Maybe Holland thinks super highly of the kid we just picked but I cant help but think of what the Wings would look like in three years with a "Scott Stevens type" on our back end.

Just to put things into perspective here:

Stan Bowman gave up Teuvo Teravainen to move Bryan Bickell's contract. Ken Holland went from 16th pick to 20th pick in the draft and on top of that got a 2nd round pick to make up for the lost 3rd round pick.

And supposedly Ken Holland sucks and Stan Bowman is god because his father was god.

Edited by kickazz