• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

WeBleedRed

Detroit trades Datsyuk to Arizona

Rate this topic

guys i dont usually post from other sights but this post from cbssports had me falling off the chair.....

SKUT FARKUS 28 minutes ago

Stamkos wants to win a cup now and the wings are 5 to 10 years away from being 5 to 10 years away from winning a playoff series or cup.The leafs will win a cup before the redwings.Stamkos and other free agents don't want to sign with the redwings.They want to win know not later.

you have to make the playoffs before you can win the cup buddy and last time i checked you have missed it how many times in the past 10 years and whens the last time you had a cup?

Edited by sjr2012

Let us not forget that even though Toronto will have Matthews and Buffalo has Eichel, we have someone named Larkin that just happens to be nearly as good as Eichel. Plus, Stamkos said how much he enjoyed and felt chemistry with him at the all star game. My point is, we have our pluses too that are an attraction.

I think this is beyond the best case scenario. There's articles reporting that the deals offered to us for Dats' contract were even higher than previously reported.

The offers he was getting was either for players whose teams wanted to unload their contracts or a price that included at least a first-round pick and a prospect. The name Andreas Athanasiou kept coming up."

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/how-jacob-chychrun-might-have-helped-the-red-wings-land-steven-stamkos/

Okay, if Chychrun becomes Drew Doughty, then we might look at this differently. He does look like a very good player (and even played Little Ceasars Hockey, haha), but Cholowski looks to have good potential as well. This was not considered a deep draft and we only moved 4 spots down - It's not we dropped out of the elite top picks.

http://www.theobserver.ca/2015/09/21/with-his-shoulder-woes-behind-him-jakob-chychrun-prepares-for-a-pivotal-second-season

Chychrun fell due to injury problems. He dislocated his shoulder twice and then had to have a surgery for a torn ligament in his back that was allowing the shoulder to pop out. Though I'm not a doctor and don't know the long term consequences of that specific injury, I think a player whose already had back surgery at age 18 is something to be wary of.

That's all just considering the pick swap, though. We also got an extra 2nd and I think it's pretty certain that we'll do something with our new cap space. So, if the 2 prospects together don't match the player Chychrun becomes, we have 7.5 million cap space that has the potential to sign someone equal to or above Chychrun's value. I think the odds are in Holland's favour.

I guess the real question is: Would you have rather not the deal, Poel? Would you rather trade AA and and 1st? Or keep Datsyuk caphit, draft Chychrun, and likely miss out on free agency and maybe the playoffs?

Yes, I like the deal. But the work isn't done. Basically all Holland did so far is to give himself a chance to make up for a mistake he made. It obviously all depends on how good our 1st rounder will be and what Holland will be able to do with the cap space he got. He said he wants to sign a replacement for Datsyuk, which would mean a Center. The only topcenter in Free Agency would be Stamkos who I believe will resign in Tampa if he's not too pissed about having to play under Cooper which we probably all don't know. I'm pretty sure Toronto has officially given up on Stamkos...they have some really bad contracts and would have to move at least some of them in order to sign Stamkos. Buffalo to me also is highly unlikely to happen. Stamkos wants to be a clear Nr.1 center and get paid like it. Buffalo though already has Reinhart and Eichel. I know that Reinhart played on the wing recently but I still think it would scare Stamkos away. Right now he'd obviously be their number one guy, but he could get moved to the wing or even down to the 2nd line...something I don't think he wants.

I think Holland needs to trade for a topcenter. Which surely won't be easy. I still say he should call Chayka and ask for Hanzal. They're reportedly shopping him. I know that there are some questions about his health...but if he's at his best, he's a beast. Maybe the most underrated Centerman in this league. Would be one heck of a 2nd line or 1st line shutdown center.

Edited by poel

Hey, Toronto may have the inside track being his home town, and it wouldn't be the first time we lost out to that. But at least we have the money to offer him the world. Like I said, there's only one thing keeping him from becoming a Red Wing, himself. If he doesn't want to come here, it doesn't matter if we offered him $15M.

If we don't get him, there are more options available. I hope we do, but it's not like when we lost out on Suter, Minnesota went on to win Cups. Last I checked, they scored huge in the FA market a lot since and they still have the same amount of Cups as we do since 2012.

Toronto may win a Cup before Detroit, but not within 5 years and maybe, maybe not within the 7 year contract he may sign there.

Reading Kris Letang's Twitter feed I tend to think he sees the Phoenix pickup of Datsyuk's contract as a joke on Phoenix and their fans:

letangdatsyuk.png

I read this as him saying he's glad he isn't in the East anymore and he won't have to play against him. Although he may be joking about him being "in the West," I believe he was jsut saying how glad he won't have to play against him at all. Pav was one of, if not the most respected player in the NHL.

I know it won't happen, but imagine the melt-down the internet would experience if Datsyuk decided to play out his contract...

Then, even I would join the "no" corner regarding "should we retire his number". Right now, I'm still voting "yes". ;)

That said, I've always been blaming Kenny (and rightfully so :D) but you got to give credt when it's due. Great trade to ease up the situation, now throw (almost) everything at Stamkos.

Edited by The Datsyukian Deke

guys i dont usually post from other sights but this post from cbssports had me falling off the chair.....

SKUT FARKUS 28 minutes ago

Stamkos wants to win a cup now and the wings are 5 to 10 years away from being 5 to 10 years away from winning a playoff series or cup.The leafs will win a cup before the redwings.Stamkos and other free agents don't want to sign with the redwings.They want to win know not later.

you have to make the playoffs before you can win the cup buddy and last time i checked you have missed it how many times in the past 10 years and whens the last time you had a cup?

Oh boy. So many grammatical errors, I don't even know where to start. Toronto hasn't won a cup in almost 50 years. They are nowhere close to being a contender currently. This guy is about as dumb as they come.

If Chych is not available at 16th I'm pretty much sure that there is no trade

True. Yotes desperately need some defense prospects as they're loaded upfront. Chayka is an analytics guy and was very high on him. He even considered to pick him at 7. Since that pick he was looking to move up and it didn't work. Most likely Holland asked him about Datsyuk before so it was a no brainer. Still a creative deal. Good for both sides even though not really a hockey trade with likely just picks, salaray and cap included.

Will be interesting to see what Arizona does now. They'll probably be as close as ever to the salary cap. Some fans weren't happy about the trade. They still got 22 millions space but just 13 players signed for next year. Doan, Tanguay, Rieder, Stone, Murphy and Domingue probably all want to get paid. Maybe they can bargain Doan and Tanguay but the young ones won't be cheap.

They're going to have $24M to split up amongst our RFA'S and new UFA's. There will be new Red Wings on July 1, I am confident.

Just hoping that if he doesn't get Stamkos, Holland will trade for a Center. To sign guys like Weiss or Legwand wouldn't be smart. I'd rather trade for players like Stepan or Hanzal who aren't already old and declining and who are a sure bet to improve our team. We should have enough assets to trade for these kind of players if they're made available by their clubs.

Edited by poel

K I'm all aboard the holland hype train but let's not forget that if we drafted chychurin would have been a great pick at our placement... Dumping salary for what? That was the easy part. Going forward is the defining moment for the offseason

Omg I wish hypothetical trades dreamed up by members weren't allowed to be posted. Why would coyotes just trade hanzal without any reasoning behind it and why would he trade for our midgets. News flash! Nobody is looking to get smaller in today's NHL... Tatar scores around 30 but teams rather take a 15-20 goal scorer over 6 feet all day long

This was a nice trade for both teams. Arizona got the prospect they coveted and got rid of a player who'll be on LTIR, and it only cost them a 3rd round compensatory pick and the taking on of a cap hit they have PLENTY of room to cover but won't cost them a dime. Detroit got rid of that cap hit and turned 1 pick into 2 while taking on an LTIR contract they can afford to pay. The trade itself, IMO, is a tie. The shootout decision will be determined with the development of the 3 traded picks and what Holland can do with the cap room.

K I'm all aboard the holland hype train but let's not forget that if we drafted chychurin would have been a great pick at our placement... Dumping salary for what? That was the easy part. Going forward is the defining moment for the offseason

Omg I wish hypothetical trades dreamed up by members weren't allowed to be posted. Why would coyotes just trade hanzal without any reasoning behind it and why would he trade for our midgets. News flash! Nobody is looking to get smaller in today's NHL... Tatar scores around 30 but teams rather take a 15-20 goal scorer over 6 feet all day long

With the cap space we have, the UFA's are ours to lose.

With the cap space we have, the UFA's are ours to lose.

Yeah I agree Holland is going all out. All signs point to it. Also had the same approach in the Niskanenen offseason and I think we ended up resigning Quincey. No hate I have faith in holland but it will be a lot of hard work and a lot of different factors. Personally I'll be disappointed if we end up with Lucic or a different plan C. Holland will make a competitive offer and the money won't be a factor... That's all we can ask

Yeah I agree Holland is going all out. All signs point to it. Also had the same approach in the Niskanenen offseason and I think we ended up resigning Quincey. No hate I have faith in holland but it will be a lot of hard work and a lot of different factors. Personally I'll be disappointed if we end up with Lucic or a different plan C. Holland will make a competitive offer and the money won't be a factor... That's all we can ask

It would be terrible if we're going to sign FA's like Lucic. We recently signed lots of FA's that only got worse when playing for us. Lucic would be another one of those. He's already declining rapidly.

Apart from Stamkos there's no strong center available via Free Agency. I really hope that Holland is gonna trade for one but I fear that he's just gonna sign some crap FA's as he doesn't wanna give up prospects or picks. Holland should be all in for Radulov, Okposo or Boedker...maybe Ladd or Brouwer. Guys like Lucic, Staal, Vanek, Backes, Eriksson, Hudler or Vrbata would be huge mistakes.

I was just saying, and I promised myself I wouldn't do this, be disappointed if we don't sign Stamkos

What a blessing from the hockey gods it would be. It would make everything worth it. We had some bad luck coming our way after the Lidstrom era and it was some bad luck/no breaks missing out on Suter and blah blah blah time for us to get lucky. That whole Suter situation I almost felt guilty like the Yankees I felt we had it in the bag and it was just too easy but since then we've been through enough turmoil

Edited by joesuffP

I was just saying, and I promised myself I wouldn't do this, be disappointed if we don't sign Stamkos

What a blessing from the hockey gods it would be. It would make everything worth it. We had some bad luck coming our way after the Lidstrom era and it was some bad luck/no breaks missing out on Suter and blah blah blah time for us to get lucky. That whole Suter situation I almost felt guilty like the Yankees I felt we had it in the bag and it was just too easy but since then we've been through enough turmoil

I'd happily miss out on Stamkos if we sign Boedker, Radulov and Okposo. Then all we need is to trade for a Centerman for line 1 or 2 and we're contenders. At least if our defense prospects are as good as I think they are. I expect a lot from Marchenko. Ouellet and Sproul appear to be NHL-ready. DeKeyer is a rock anyway and even Smith can do better than he did last season. Just gotta hope that Holland will do everything to get Ericsson off our books be it with a trade (difficult) or a buyout. I'd only add a defender if it's a real top2 guy. Otherwise I'd just play the kids. I even wonder what's wrong with Lashoff. Always was great when he was with the wings under Babcock. Even played alongside Kronwall and did really well. I don't get it.

Edited by poel

I'd happily miss out on Stamkos if we sign Boedker, Radulov and Okposo. Then all we need is to trade for a Centerman for line 1 or 2 and we're contenders.

Sign three guys and pay them more than what Stamkos could score on his own. I seriously don't understand not wanting a bonafide superstar on this team

Imagine thinking having Okoposo as the centerpiece to your offense will take you anywhere in the playoffs. Great complimentary scorer but the wings are trying to build a new core

Having a team full of 15-20 goal scorers is how you never score in the playoffs