• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

WeBleedRed

Detroit trades Datsyuk to Arizona

Rate this topic

We'll, just like you guys were telling me all this time, just because he's there doesn't mean they'll draft him. Holland proved this with Vilardi and Tippett, the no-brainer picks according to TSN.  But he took who he wanted. He could've passed over Chychrun and chose Cholowski anyway. With the dumbassness of Holland, I'm almost convinced He'd do it...

Edited by LeftWinger

that is an impressive box jump from sitting down nonetheless 

what did we do with the cap space he cleared? signed helm abs dekeyser to retarded amount of money thats what we did. we did not get better we stayed the same and for a long time

yes we got nelson. not sure if we couldve swung that if we had datsyuk on our payroll. but f*** it bring up a griffin and play we couldve have done much worse lmao

and we couldve got a great young dman

so all in all we might have done better if we did not move datsyuk contract sign those retarded contracts and let a dmen that probably wouldve jumped to the top 4 on our team and help out

9 minutes ago, brett said:

that is an impressive box jump from sitting down nonetheless 

what did we do with the cap space he cleared? signed helm abs dekeyser to retarded amount of money thats what we did. we did not get better we stayed the same and for a long time

yes we got nelson. not sure if we couldve swung that if we had datsyuk on our payroll. but f*** it bring up a griffin and play we couldve have done much worse lmao

and we couldve got a great young dman

so all in all we might have done better if we did not move datsyuk contract sign those retarded contracts and let a dmen that probably wouldve jumped to the top 4 on our team and help out

To be fair, at the time we were the favourite (according to TSN) in landing Stamkos and that is why the cap space was cleared. With hindsight being 20/20 of course it was a bad move, but if you go back to the moment without knowing Stamkos would sign with TB on June 30th, I get why he did it. 

2 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Plus everyone, me included, was saying if he didn't trade that contract, he needed to be fired.

Ya results oriented thinking is a very flawed way of looking at things. The decision a GM should make is the decision that gives his team the best chance of winning. At the time, I think Holland had no choice, yes in retrospect it was a mistake. 

What I mean by results oriented thinking is this, and I admit this is an extreme. If we were in OT, and Blashill decided to run with a line of E, Miller, Ott, and Glendening for the majority of the period, and they scored, results oriented thinking would imply that he made the "right decision", despite the fact that 99/100 times it would not work.  A person who does not have an issue with results oriented thinking, would simply say "they scored, end of story" which is a very simplistic way of looking at things.

2 minutes ago, kliq said:

Ya results oriented thinking is a very flawed way of looking at things. The decision a GM should make is the decision that gives his team the best chance of winning. At the time, I think Holland had no choice, yes in retrospect it was a mistake. 

What I mean by results oriented thinking is this, and I admit this is an extreme. If we were in OT, and Blashill decided to run with a line of E, Miller, Ott, and Glendening for the majority of the period, and they scored, results oriented thinking would imply that he made the "right decision", despite the fact that 99/100 times it would not work.  A person who does not have an issue with results oriented thinking, would simply say "they scored, end of story" which is a very simplistic way of looking at things.

:lol: i think that was his go to line in overtime!

Datsyuk Interview (Malik Translation)

On Danis Zaripov (Rumored to be signing with Tampa)

Q – Would you like to see him in Detroit?

A – I do not think that’s the best scenario for him. He will be better in Washington or Rangers. It will be tough for him in Pittsburgh, they have first two lines already. And third and fourth line is not for him.

On Babs

A – He gave me a lot. Asked me to concentrate on defense. Made me more of a defensive forward. Especially closer to
the end of my career. But in general every coach added something. Bowman, on the other hand, allowed me to play my game and improvise. Even though I was so young.

Q – Blashill is called Babcock’s clone.

A – Blashill is not really a clone, simply Detroit has a certain system in place that started with Babcock.

On the streak

A – It’s not even that important they missed the playoffs. In most recent seasons, there was constant talk: will Detroit make or miss the playoffs. Can Detroit win the Cup did not seem to be of interest to anybody. Everybody talked only about making the playoffs. So, it’s very good the Red Wings missed the playoffs. The recharge started. There was so much pressure when we were making the playoffs 24th and 25th time in a row. It seemed like we made it and the goal is achieved. Now everything will change, there will be no such pressure and they will be to see the ultimate goal. In reality you need to fight for the cup and not just to make the playoffs.

On Zberg

Q – Zetterberg by the way also announced that he will leave to Sweden with 1 year remaining on his contract.

A – “Oh, Zetterberg also announced”, - you are saying it as if he learned it from me. Datsyukian is a disease now. Leave with 1 year left in the contract. This is his decision. And in any case, he had a great career in Detroit.

2 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

A – “Oh, Zetterberg also announced”, - you are saying it as if he learned it from me. Datsyukian is a disease now. Leave with 1 year left in the contract. This is his decision. And in any case, he had a great career in Detroit.

What a savage. 

18 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

On Babs

A – He gave me a lot. Asked me to concentrate on defense. Made me more of a defensive forward. Especially closer to
the end of my career. But in general every coach added something. Bowman, on the other hand, allowed me to play my game and improvise. Even though I was so young.

Q – Blashill is called Babcock’s clone.

A – Blashill is not really a clone, simply Detroit has a certain system in place that started with Babcock.

On the streak

A – It’s not even that important they missed the playoffs. In most recent seasons, there was constant talk: will Detroit make or miss the playoffs. Can Detroit win the Cup did not seem to be of interest to anybody. Everybody talked only about making the playoffs. So, it’s very good the Red Wings missed the playoffs. The recharge started. There was so much pressure when we were making the playoffs 24th and 25th time in a row. It seemed like we made it and the goal is achieved. Now everything will change, there will be no such pressure and they will be to see the ultimate goal. In reality you need to fight for the cup and not just to make the playoffs.

I thought these two were pretty interesting. Babs making him play in a system, and Bowman letting him be himself. Would have been interesting to see how his career would have turned out if he could have just played his game.

The comments regarding just making the playoffs is eye opening. Basically admitting that the organization only cared about getting into the playoffs and not the real end goal of winning a cup. I disagree with him thinking they're going to change that mind set though. Playoff hockey means more money and "at the end of the day this is a business". I think until the Wings clean house and hire from outside it will continue to be their mindset.

8 minutes ago, BadgerBob said:

I thought these two were pretty interesting. Babs making him play in a system, and Bowman letting him be himself. Would have been interesting to see how his career would have turned out if he could have just played his game.

The comments regarding just making the playoffs is eye opening. Basically admitting that the organization only cared about getting into the playoffs and not the real end goal of winning a cup. I disagree with him thinking they're going to change that mind set though. Playoff hockey means more money and "at the end of the day this is a business". I think until the Wings clean house and hire from outside it will continue to be their mindset.

Mandates like that come from ownership, not management. You can bring in whoever you want, but if ownership dont change their mindset, it doesn't matter.

Not trying to defend Holland as does make bad moves, but why would Holland care about the bottom line if ownership doesn't.

I think people WANT the issue to be Holland. If this mind set is created that everything is Holland's fault, then firing him would fix it right. If everything is Ilitch's fault, that is hard to stomach because that is not changing.

Edited by kliq

22 minutes ago, kliq said:

Mandates like that come from ownership, not management. You can bring in whoever you want, but if ownership dont change their mindset, it doesn't matter.

Not trying to defend Holland as does make bad moves, but why would Holland care about the bottom line if ownership doesn't.

I think people WANT the issue to be Holland. If this mind set is created that everything is Holland's fault, then firing him would fix it right. If everything is Ilitch's fault, that is hard to stomach because that is not changing.

You're right, good points. I'll agree to that.

D*** move man... I seen the "TRADE" tag and got super excited...

3 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

This trade is looking better and better.

Frick Chychrun v. Cholowski... I'd rather have Hronek than either of them, and we have Cholowski too.

Holland fleeced young boy Chyaka on this one.

But yeah, I agree. We definitely won that trade. I'm not ready to say for sure that Hronek > Cholowski though. I think both have top pair (#2) potential. Hronek seems to have leapfrogged Cholowski for now, but don't count out the kid just yet...

3 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

D*** move man... I seen the "TRADE" tag and got super excited...

But yeah, I agree. We definitely won that trade. I'm not ready to say for sure that Hronek > Cholowski though. I think both have top pair (#2) potential. Hronek seems to have leapfrogged Cholowski for now, but don't count out the kid just yet...

When Cholowski was logging solid ice time he was good, but then his confidence and play seemed to completely drop off when the roster regulars returned. I'm hoping this isn't Brendan Smith syndrome where he shows a flash of brilliance early in career and then sputters out, but I don't think so. He looked solid AF in GR. Just needs time. I like Cholo.

I like Hronek more though. I pretty much decided by the end of the season that he's dark horse one of the best players we have. This worlds stint is just the cherry on top. He's adjusted to, and then dominated, pretty much every league at every level he's been in super quickly. I think it's only a matter of time before enforces his will on the NHL too. I'm expecting a huge season out of him this year, like 30-45 pts possibly.

2 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

When Cholowski was logging solid ice time he was good, but then his confidence and play seemed to completely drop off when the roster regulars returned. I'm hoping this isn't Brendan Smith syndrome where he shows a flash of brilliance early in career and then sputters out, but I don't think so. He looked solid AF in GR. Just needs time. I like Cholo.

I like Hronek more though. I pretty much decided by the end of the season that he's dark horse one of the best players we have. This worlds stint is just the cherry on top. He's adjusted to, and then dominated, pretty much every league at every level he's been in super quickly. I think it's only a matter of time before enforces his will on the NHL too. I'm expecting a huge season out of him this year, like 30-45 pts possibly.

The difference between Cholowski and Smith, is hockey IQ. Cholowski's seems to be high end. Smith's is lacking...

I agree with you on Hronek. I just think Cholowski has another gear as well. We seen glimpses of what he can be at the beginning of the season. I think he'll get back to that.

5 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

The difference between Cholowski and Smith, is hockey IQ. Cholowski's seems to be high end. Smith's is lacking...

I agree with you on Hronek. I just think Cholowski has another gear as well. We seen glimpses of what he can be at the beginning of the season. I think he'll get back to that.

agreed, hard to be good when you've got the poo brain.

5 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I would agree

Too bad Mrazek and Hudler had to be poop heads. They would've been nice additions to the Czech movement we got going on.

Long live the Swedish... I mean Czech mafia

giphy.gif

11 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

6 minutes ago, Wheelchairsuperhero said:

agreed, hard to be good when you've got the poo brain.

It's not just us either, all the Rags fans complain about the dumb giveaways and bonehead plays.

Coach Quinn moved him to 4th line wing though and he seems a lot better in that role honestly. Less responsibility, less f*** ups