• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

WeBleedRed

Detroit trades Datsyuk to Arizona

Rate this topic

Just to put things into perspective here:

Stan Bowman gave up Teuvo Teravainen to move Bryan Bickell's contract. Ken Holland went from 16th pick to 20th pick in the draft and on top of that got a 2nd round pick to make up for the lost 3rd round pick.

And supposedly Ken Holland sucks and Stan Bowman is god because his father was god.

And you don't think Chayka might would have demanded way more if there was salary attached? :lol:

It's just cap...cap they need anyway. And they even get Vitale off their roster...a player we have to pay. Plus he gets a player he knew we wanted.

Honestly...the deal was creative but if you wanna tell us now that Holland's a genius because of this deal it's slightly ridiculous ;)

From Nick Cotsonika:

Vitale is injured. If the Red Wings put him on LTIR, they save his cap charge and save all $7.5M of Datsyuk's cap charge.

He was injured pretty much all season long. Not sure if it's already clear that he's not gonna play next season. I doubt that. If it was then why Chayka wanted to move him?

Edited by poel

And you don't think Chayka might would have demanded way more if there was salary attached? :lol:

It's just cap...cap they need anyway. And they even get Vitale off their roster...a player we have to pay. Plus he gets a player he knew we wanted.

Honestly...the deal was creative but if you wanna tell us now that Holland's a genius because of this deal it's slightly ridiculous ;)

He was injured pretty much all season long. Not sure if it's already clear that he's not gonna play next season. I doubt that. If it was then why Chayka wanted to move him?

:lol: I'm laughing because this post makes no sense and you clearly didn't comprehend my own post.

And because I'm Darren Helm laughing at someone who isn't Darren Helm

ClwrC3kWkAAqUYS.jpg

Edited by kickazz

:lol: I'm laughing because this post makes no sense and you clearly didn't comprehend my own post.

And because I'm Darren Helm laughing at someone who isn't Darren Helm

It does make sense. LeBrun just confirmed it.

https://twitter.com/60CarltonSt/status/746533100155342848

Your post makes no sense. You compared apples and bananas. The salary is the different between the two deals. And we gave up on a player. A player we wanted and that may have went too late in this years draft. Deal to move Datsyuk's cap is ok but not more.

It does make sense. LeBrun just confirmed it.

https://twitter.com/60CarltonSt/status/746533100155342848

Your post makes no sense. You compared apples and bananas. The salary is the different between the two deals. And we gave up on a player. A player we wanted and that may have went too late in this years draft. Deal to move Datsyuk's cap is ok but not more.

You know what's comparing apples to bananas? Eyeballs to stats. :hysterical:

Edited by kickazz

You know what's comparing apples to bananas? Eyeballs to stats. :hysterical:

Eyeballs to eyeball stats?

But that's not the point here. You just compared a contract with salary and a contract without salary...which, sorry, is extremely stupid. Arizona doesn't have any money. They wouldn't have done this deal if they had to pay for this contract. It's a deal that makes sense for both sides. The Yotes get a contract they can use to reach the cap floor without having to pay for it. They got to draft a player we would have drafted and they unloaded a useless player.

We unloaded tons of cap and even received a compensation for not being able to draft our original target.

Edited by poel

Terrific trade. Quite un-Holland-like. Which surprises me.

Trade is un-Holland-like because it was Chayka who initiated it. I don't know how much Holland negotiated but I say he probably just agreed as there was time pressure :lol:

Edited by poel

More on Vitale:

Coyotes GM John Chayka said now former Coyotes/Penguins C Joe Vitale is not expected to play in 2016-17 due to post-concussion syndrome.

Cool. But why did he want to include him in this deal? If this is true that would make no sense. I don't trust him yet ;)

Cool. But why did he want to include him in this deal? If this is true that would make no sense. I don't trust him yet ;)

Real money vs no money. Even if he were on LTIR for Arizona they would have to pay him 1.1 million. With Pavs contract they don't pay any real money.

Real money vs no money. Even if he were on LTIR for Arizona they would have to pay him 1.1 million. With Pavs contract they don't pay any real money.

Sure. I forgot that you have to pay LTIR's. Makes sense now....

Which is why I never had any doubt that in the end we wouldn't have to give up a top pick or a top prospect like mantha ... Those teams are cheapskates and barely surviving and would do anything to save actual money

Great move by the wings tonight and got themselves and extra 2nd rounder tomorrow ... Now let's find a few gems tomorrow and hope we find an asset or 2 July 1st

It's exactly the type of deal we said would happen while everyone told us how dumb we were to think any team would "do us a favor." Way to go, Kenny.

Ha ya it's unbelievable that we didnt have to give away top prospects to bail out a team that didnt want to spend money

Which is why I never had any doubt that in the end we wouldn't have to give up a top pick or a top prospect like mantha ... Those teams are cheapskates and barely surviving and would do anything to save actual money

Great move by the wings tonight and got themselves and extra 2nd rounder tomorrow ... Now let's find a few gems tomorrow and hope we find an asset or 2 July 1st

While i do agree, I think the biggest reason it came together was Chychruns fall down the lineup. Arizona wanted him, and finally decided to pay the price.

While i do agree, I think the biggest reason it came together was Chychruns fall down the lineup. Arizona wanted him, and finally decided to pay the price.

It would of happened either way , if it wasn't chychrun they would of found someone else they liked to make that deal .... If they wanted to they could of done the 20th and 2nd rounder for 16th

Adding datsyuk was not only a bonus for us but for them ... Trust me next year they'll be chasing other cheap contracts when datsyuks and prongers deals are done

This all happened while I was on the road, so obviously I couldn't log on to comment until now.

Holland fleeced Arizona. But think about it this way, the high end prospect we gave up was Chychrun. But it was a surprise to get a 1st and a 2nd back, not to mention a player.

Now trade Howard and there will be tons of cash to sign whomever they want!

Edited by LeftWinger