• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

WeBleedRed

Detroit trades Datsyuk to Arizona

Rate this topic

Lol. Finally caught on to the deal aye? We were waiting for ya!

You don't understand anything. You were compairing Bickell's deal with that one here which tells everything. If you don't know what you're talking about you might just for once don't touch your keyboard. This deal happened because Chayka wanted the player we were about to pick. There's no need to praise Holland for this deal or to even compare him with Bowman.

Edited by MabusIncarnate

You don't understand anything. You were compairing Bickell's deal with that one here which tells everything. You're just a clown. If you don't know what you're talking about you might just for once don't touch your keyboard. This deal happened because Chayka wanted the player we were about to pick. There's no need to praise Holland for this deal or to even compare him with Bowman. Only a troll like you could come up with something like that.

This is so typical lol, something goes wrong Holland is vilified, something goes right it has nothing to do with him.

You don't understand anything. You were compairing Bickell's deal with that one here which tells everything. You're just a clown. If you don't know what you're talking about you might just for once don't touch your keyboard. This deal happened because Chayka wanted the player we were about to pick. There's no need to praise Holland for this deal or to even compare him with Bowman. Only a troll like you could come up with something like that.

Careful now, you don't want to get yourself suspended with name calling, baiting, instigating and going off topic. It's really not that big of a deal. You just happened to be wrong and misunderstood the deal from the Red Wings perspective.

Lighten up. The Wings made a good deal tonight and Ken Holland exceeded expectations from the looks of it. Datsyuk's contract has been moved.

Grab a beer.

If you want to continue you're welcome to PM me.

Edited by kickazz

Careful now, you don't want to get yourself suspended with name calling, baiting, instigating and going off topic. It's really not that big of a deal. You just happened to be wrong and misunderstood the deal from the Red Wings perspective.

Lighten up. The Wings made a good deal tonight and Ken Holland exceeded expectations from the looks of it. Datsyuk's contract has been moved.

Grab a beer.

If you want to continue you're welcome to PM me.

Really? Starting to really worry about you now...you must be completely paranoid...would also explain some other posts I read from you recently.

You compaired this trade with the Bickell one to Carolina and praised Holland for it which couldn't be any more wrong.

Firstly, it was Chayka who asked Holland for this trade and secondly this trade has been completed because, other than in the Bickell-Trade, there is no salary to pay...which is key for the Yotes who don't have money. If they had to pay Datsyuk like Carolina Bickell this trade wouldn't have happened or at least with completely different assets.

I predicted here that it was Chayka asking for it to get the guy we were about to pick. Post #17. I wrote this post before LeBrun, and probably any other media guy, confirmed it.

To write that I misunderstood this deal is absolutely ridiculous as in fact it was you who didn't get the sense behind this trade. If you don't understand this I feel really sorry for you and would strongly recommend you to get yourself some help.

The only thing I didn't get was why Chayka included Viale...but that's really just a side note. Obviously just a bit of salary moved from Arizona to us. Surely wasn't key in this deal.

This is so typical lol, something goes wrong Holland is vilified, something goes right it has nothing to do with him.

Good on him for not panicking and holding on to Datsyuk's contract until the right offer came. But the offer came from Chayka and must have come in shortly before our pick as Chayka wouldn't have done it without Chychrun still being available. Therefore I highly doubt that Holland negotatiated a lot...he most likely just accepted Chayka's offer.

Whether it was a good idea to accept Arizona's offer remains to be seen. Chychrun and Cholowski will get compaired regularly from now on. It also will be interesting to see what Holland does with the cap he got.

For now it's a good deal for both sides but surely nothing to praise Holland for or even to compare him with Bowman...absolutely priceless...

First, how the hell do you know who initiated trade talks? For all you know, Holland could have approached Chayka with the proposal, taking complete advantage of the 27 year old GM... Secondly, how the hell do you know Holland had any intention in taking Chychrun? I would agree that he seemed like the logical choice, but for all we know, there was something about the kid that our scouts didn't like, and we weren't going to take him regardless of there being a trade or not...

First, how the hell do you know who initiated trade talks? For all you know, Holland could have approached Chayka with the proposal, taking complete advantage of the 27 year old GM... Secondly, how the hell do you know Holland had any intention in taking Chychrun? I would agree that he seemed like the logical choice, but for all we know, there was something about the kid that our scouts didn't like, and we weren't going to take him regardless of there being a trade or not...

Impossible. Holland had no hand in the trade. He just said yes. Holland got lucky....

Surely Holland called Chayka ahead of the draft day trying to unload Datsyuk's contract. But on the draftday Chayka confirmed that it was him proposing this trade to Holland as he want Chychrun who was still available and who they even considered to pick at #7. Other teams above us may not have been willing to trade down so he approached Holland with this deal. Chayka seemed like the obvious choice for us and from what I heard we wanted him. But granted, I don't know it and there were rumours heading in both ways. It doesn't really matter in the end. Chayka obviously wanted the guy and he would have get picked soon...if not by us soon after.

Impossible. Holland had no hand in the trade. He just said yes. Holland got lucky....

That's not what I said. I even said that he did well to wait for the right offer.

And again, Chayka clearly said that he wanted to move up to get Chychrun. It was him who proposed this deal to Holland...maybe he negotiated this deal but I'd guess that he didn't and there surely was time pressure.

Surely Holland called Chayka ahead of the draft day trying to unload Datsyuk's contract. But on the draftday Chayka confirmed that it was him proposing this trade to Holland as he want Chychrun who was still available and who they even considered to pick at #7. Other teams above us may not have been willing to trade down so he approached Holland with this deal. Chayka seemed like the obvious choice for us and from what I heard we wanted him. But granted, I don't know it and there were rumours heading in both ways. It doesn't really matter in the end. Chayka obviously wanted the guy and he would have get picked soon...if not by us soon after.

If we signed stamkos on July 1 does Holland get any credit or no? Just seems like you're really trying to shovel crap down everyone's throat to prove your point

If we signed stamkos on July 1 does Holland get any credit or no? Just seems like you're really trying to shovel crap down everyone's throat to prove your point

I doubt that even the best GM could get Stamkos to join us but I'd surely be happy if Holland gets it done.

And no, I don't feel that I do that. I just feel that although this trade is creative and makes sense for both teams it's not the time to praise Kenny for it or even compare him with Bowman. If he gets to sign some good FA's or lands some significant trades and if the difference between the prospect isn't gonna be huge or even in our favour it will still be early enough to praise Holland for it.

Edited by poel

So with this trade, does anyone know when the Red Wings are eligible to send Vitale to LTIR?

Same as Franzen, start of the league year. But they can go over the cap until then.

Edited by Detroit # 1 Fan

Sigh, people not giving holland credit, do people really think ARZ called him and said "errrr myyyy goodddd, we need chychru.... Whatever you want...!!!"

No a vet GM, played his cards right didn't try to ask for too much and our team as of today is in a better position because of it.... You don't fluke into this streak and his job...

My new dream list now, is move a pick for Stamkos rights, and sign him before Tampa can even make a pitch and hear how much they hate the person that was their savior...

Sigh, people not giving holland credit, do people really think ARZ called him and said "errrr myyyy goodddd, we need chychru.... Whatever you want...!!!"

No a vet GM, played his cards right didn't try to ask for too much and our team as of today is in a better position because of it.... You don't fluke into this streak and his job...

My new dream list now, is move a pick for Stamkos rights, and sign him before Tampa can even make a pitch and hear how much they hate the person that was their savior...

Well, that may be the case as Yzerman has said that he will consider doing a sign and trade with Stamkos, giving him 8 years instead of the 7 he'd get from another team and getting an asset back for him.

Told you ladies he might do this in the offseason thread a few hours prior. Kenny can still play. This is an excellent trade that opens up for all sorts of possible future trades.

It nags me though that we could have had Chychrun at pick #16. Guess you can't get everything in life.

Still, it's bigtime to loose that 6.5 million burden.

Told you ladies he might do this in the offseason thread a few hours prior. Kenny can still play. This is an excellent trade that opens up for all sorts of possible future trades.

It nags me though that we could have had Chychrun at pick #16. Guess you can't get everything in life.

Still, it's bigtime to loose that 6.5 million burden.

Well Arizona would have been with Svech or whatever his name is or AA too...both positions than wings are better at than at defense. This trades evaluation will depend on 2 things;

1. Can the Wings convince Stamkos to come here? Yes, the cap space is there but others can offer equal money and th ability to play with Eichel. This reminds me too much of the Suter Parise situation. Although I think Toronto would be the wrong choice for him.

2. Chychrun's development. A physical beast being compared to Scott Stevens falls into the Wings lap and they trade him. Did it ever occur to people that that is a reason, why the Coyotes where so eager to get this guy? The kid the Wings drafted is yet again undersized (wouldn't be a problem if this was a heavy team but it isn't), and known for questionable defensive abilities .. So I just hope Hakan saw something in him..because frankly most experts didn't.

A lot of people seem to think Stammer is a given which is far from the truth and if not him, then what? There is no other number 1 center available. Cap space is great if a team can use to get the best possible player otherwise use less. Back in the days I would've said oh great no bring in Stammer...but after getting passed over by Suter, Parise, Niskanen and with an unknown future Stammer to Detroit is far from a given...and I shudder at the thought of signing Eriksson, Vanek or anyone of that "caliber"

I think this is beyond the best case scenario. There's articles reporting that the deals offered to us for Dats' contract were even higher than previously reported.

The offers he was getting was either for players whose teams wanted to unload their contracts or a price that included at least a first-round pick and a prospect. The name Andreas Athanasiou kept coming up."

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/how-jacob-chychrun-might-have-helped-the-red-wings-land-steven-stamkos/

I doubt that even the best GM could get Stamkos to join us but I'd surely be happy if Holland gets it done.

And no, I don't feel that I do that. I just feel that although this trade is creative and makes sense for both teams it's not the time to praise Kenny for it or even compare him with Bowman. If he gets to sign some good FA's or lands some significant trades and if the difference between the prospect isn't gonna be huge or even in our favour it will still be early enough to praise Holland for it.

Okay, if Chychrun becomes Drew Doughty, then we might look at this differently. He does look like a very good player (and even played Little Ceasars Hockey, haha), but Cholowski looks to have good potential as well. This was not considered a deep draft and we only moved 4 spots down - It's not we dropped out of the elite top picks.

http://www.theobserver.ca/2015/09/21/with-his-shoulder-woes-behind-him-jakob-chychrun-prepares-for-a-pivotal-second-season

Chychrun fell due to injury problems. He dislocated his shoulder twice and then had to have a surgery for a torn ligament in his back that was allowing the shoulder to pop out. Though I'm not a doctor and don't know the long term consequences of that specific injury, I think a player whose already had back surgery at age 18 is something to be wary of.

That's all just considering the pick swap, though. We also got an extra 2nd and I think it's pretty certain that we'll do something with our new cap space. So, if the 2 prospects together don't match the player Chychrun becomes, we have 7.5 million cap space that has the potential to sign someone equal to or above Chychrun's value. I think the odds are in Holland's favour.

I guess the real question is: Would you have rather not the deal, Poel? Would you rather trade AA and and 1st? Or keep Datsyuk caphit, draft Chychrun, and likely miss out on free agency and maybe the playoffs?

Well Arizona would have been with Svech or whatever his name is or AA too...both positions than wings are better at than at defense. This trades evaluation will depend on 2 things;

1. Can the Wings convince Stamkos to come here? Yes, the cap space is there but others can offer equal money and th ability to play with Eichel. This reminds me too much of the Suter Parise situation. Although I think Toronto would be the wrong choice for him.

2. Chychrun's development. A physical beast being compared to Scott Stevens falls into the Wings lap and they trade him. Did it ever occur to people that that is a reason, why the Coyotes where so eager to get this guy? The kid the Wings drafted is yet again undersized (wouldn't be a problem if this was a heavy team but it isn't), and known for questionable defensive abilities .. So I just hope Hakan saw something in him..because frankly most experts didn't.

Our guy is 6"1' and 185lbs.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=247137

6"1' is the league average, so he's not undersized.

202.4lbs is the league average, so he has 4 years to gain 17.4 to not be undersized.....and he's 18.

As for us being a light team:

http://mirtle.blogspot.ca/2015/10/2015-16-nhl-teams-by-height-weight-and.html

10 teams lighter, 8 teams shorter (I think - they're not in order, but I counted lower numbers). Plus we'll add Mantha and lose some smaller players: Datsyuk (tear) Richards (6'0" - so not that small).

So I'd say we'll be middle of the pack for size. But if you mean truculence....