• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

TheDetroitRedWings

Other than Stamkos, which FA forward do you want?

Rate this topic

Which FA forward should the Wings sign?  

97 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I wouldn't mind Fowler, but he wouldn't be my first choice. Kenny needs to find a way to pry Trouba out of Winnipeg...

I also agree that it's fine to overpay to the cap as long as we're not overpaying on term. 2-3 year deals for any of these guys would be ideal.

Problem is it would cost Larkin, Danny D. plus a first. So wings would have him but no D partner and other than Mantha no potential young offensive star.

Still can't believe Cheveldayoff hasn't re signed his best player

You would think, realistically, that if Larsson got you Hall, Marchenko would get you RNH.

Larsson was a high pick and still has upside, Marchenko might not even be an average second pairing guy. Edmonton still got hosed though

and a top D

And a coach and maybe a GM Edited by DickieDunn

To be honest there isn't anyone out there that will get us to the playoffs this year we might be in true rebuild mode this year

Backes and someone like like Okposo or Brouwer can make this a playoff team. finding the right dman can even make the Wings a competitive playoff team. It would also give Larkin and AA to grow into legit top 6 centers.

If we miss out on those guys, that's when i'll be worried about Holland doing something dumb to keep the streak alive.

We needed to land a game changer + role players to replace Datsyuk and help us become more than a bubble team. Now that player isn't in the FA pool anymore. If we just piece together some signings all that is going to do is make us a bubble team again at best. Stamkos re-signing has totally deflated me.

Backes and someone like like Okposo or Brouwer can make this a playoff team. finding the right dman can even make the Wings a competitive playoff team. It would also give Larkin and AA to grow into legit top 6 centers.

If we miss out on those guys, that's when i'll be worried about Holland doing something dumb to keep the streak alive.

Doing something dumb has been the holland special the last years

Frank, Trouba would cost a lot but definitely not that much... Larkin alone has as much value in any trade as Trouba. Then add DeKeyser who is a 2/3 defenseman on any team, and a first round pick? No way...

Not saying I would pay that but that's probably the cost. If Winnipeg trades Trouba they need a defenseman back to pair him with Mayers.

Yes, he definitely is, but the point of landing a player like Trouba would be to have someone up with DeKeyser on the top pair...

Our starting point in any such trade would have to be Nyquist / Tatar or Mantha / Svechnikov, and add in a defensive prospect Marchenko / Ouellet plus a high pick...

Yes, he definitely is, but the point of landing a player like Trouba would be to have someone up with DeKeyser on the top pair...

Honestly, I might try Smith-Trouba as the top pairing. If you look at their underlying numbers, Trouba is an abysmal shot-suppressor, while Smith is just the opposite (though, granted, he's played easier minutes than Trouba has).