• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

BobL

Stamkos to... Tampa

Rate this topic

More salt in the wound, from Pierre Lebrun: Montreal, Toronto, Buffalo and a fourth team got to make pitches in person to Stamkos this week. Detroit not one of them.

That's just ******* sad, some random team got an audience with him and we didn't.

More salt in the wound, from Pierre Lebrun: Montreal, Toronto, Buffalo and a fourth team got to make pitches in person to Stamkos this week. Detroit not one of them.

That's justf****** sad, some random team got an audience with him and we didn't.

I think it means he was never really considering us. His team just beat us in the playoffs 2 years in a row. And they did it this year without him. Prolly doesn't see Detroit as an opportunity to win.

I think it means he was never really considering us. His team just beat us in the playoffs 2 years in a row. And they did it this year without him. Prolly doesn't see Detroit as an opportunity to win.

That's pure speculation, however, I'd use it. Tell that to the guys in the locker room. Motivate them. Piss them off. He's going to be playing for a division rival for pretty much the rest of his career. Show him he made the wrong choice.

I'm disappointed in not signing him, however, TB is a solid choice and if I wasn't a huge Wings fan, I would have probably done the same. Make a lot of money and continue to play for the organization you already know, which is a pretty good one already.

That's pure speculation, however, I'd use it. Tell that to the guys in the locker room. Motivate them. Piss them off. He's going to be playing for a division rival for pretty much the rest of his career. Show him he made the wrong choice.

I'm disappointed in not signing him, however, TB is a solid choice and if I wasn't a huge Wings fan, I would have probably done the same. Make a lot of money and continue to play for the organization you already know, which is a pretty good one already.

Stamkos was kind of a pipe dream anyway, and to know that he re-signed makes it a hell of a lot easier to swallow than choosing some other team on the market than the Wings.

Really though, this team needs a trade. And not someone minor, like Jurco. Someone with bigger responsibility to show that they aren't happy with this team, and that everyone isn't as safe and secure as they thought and that they have to actually take responsibility for playing better.

I am very scared that KH will overpay Okposo, Lucic or Nielson and for at least 5 years and we'll have another Steven Weiss on our hands and the Datsyuk money he freed up will be worthless.

Much much rather see them promote AA, Mantha, Ouellet and Sproul full time and give Mrazek 60 starts and just go with it. If we miss the playoffs we miss. I'd much rather see the organisation actually take a stance in believing in our young guys going forward and actually giving them the minutes and responsibility to reach their potential, rather than every year tagging on some old aged players way past their golden years who eat up minutes just to make us another easy target for a first round exit, frustrating everyone more in the process.

Give us a direction Ken, right now we're stuck in no mans land.

While some think Stamkos left money on the table by not going to free agency, I don't think that's the case at all. Apparently Buffalo was willing to offer the most at $11M per year, which looks like a lot a lot more, but then you have to consider they can only offer 7 years, then you are comparing $77M to $68M. After you consider the tax situation, I'm sure that takes care of the other $9M and then some.

Yzerman stuck to his gun ... impressive. It wasn't about the money, it was about the possibility to win in the next couple of years. Stamkos is getting paid Crosby money ... you have to take 'less' in order to have a team that can win.

Stevie Y is being hailed by pundits as the ninja GM... all things he touches turn to gold. I am sure he hope they turn to silver at some point in the near future. I am happy he is so successful, but can't help but feel bad for us.

"Tampa gives me the best chance to win and be successful going forward." -

"I knew deep down the whole time I wanted to be in Tampa. It was worth looking at possibilities."

"I can’t say this past week has been fun. It was pretty stressful, to be honest. I’m glad it’s over with."

Stamkos on staying in TBL per HeleneStJinx

Edited by NerveDamage

This is what it means. It is said that as soon as Holland traded Pav, he reached out to Nielsen. Holland never intended to contact Stamkos, hence why we didn't meet with him. Stamkos was so upset that the only team he wanted to go to (Detroit) didn't want to sign him, he just said f*** it and went back to Tampa.

That's how I read it anyway.

Seriously though, Holland never intended on offering Stamkos anything, he said as soon as he could talk to UFA'S he contacted Nielsen first.

This is what it means. It is said that as soon as Holland traded Pav, he reached out to Nielsen. Holland never intended to contact Stamkos, hence why we didn't meet with him. Stamkos was so upset that the only team he wanted to go to (Detroit) didn't want to sign him, he just said f*** it and went back to Tampa.

That's how I read it anyway.

Seriously though, Holland never intended on offering Stamkos anything, he said as soon as he could talk to UFA'S he contacted Nielsen first.

Got something for you:

http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/weirdalfoil_2322.jpg

There's no way Holland never intended to court Stamkos. That's an absurd belief.

I'm as tired of Holland as the next Wings fan is, but I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt here. There's no reason why he wouldn't fight as hard as he could for Stamkos's services. That the Wings didn't meet with Stamkos could be interpreted a number of different ways; it doesn't (necessarily) mean Holland "didn't even try" or even that Stamkos had no interest in the Wings. Maybe Stamkos was saving the Wings for last but realized all the suitors were offering him pretty much the same thing and that what he really wanted was to stay with his powerhouse Lightning team. Maybe Stamkos's agent let Holland know fairly early that Stamkos was almost definitely going to remain in Tampa and Holland decided to treat him as, essentially, a sunk cost.

So, all the other stuff aside, how much are you guys enjoying the fact that Toronto has likely a worse team if not the same going into the next season? Makes me laugh. I thought for sure stammer would head home. Looks like playing in Canada isn't all it's cracked up to be. Babs will be "feeling the pain" for a while

So, all the other stuff aside, how much are you guys enjoying the fact that Toronto has likely a worse team if not the same going into the next season? Makes me laugh. I thought for sure stammer would head home. Looks like playing in Canada isn't all it's cracked up to be. Babs will be "feeling the pain" for a while

They got auston Matthews. So not necessarily worse. Also they are trying to actually rebuild properly. They were only going after stammer cause I'm pretty sure shanny would be fired if he didn't even try to get a 26 year old scoring phenom. Especially since Toronto is his hometown and he could help speed up the rebuild. It feels good knowing they'll suck for another two years. But if they keep doing things right they could be a very scary team in 3 years.

Rebuilds don't happen that fast even in three years Toronto won't be able to compete with Buffalo and those damn Florida teams. Ken Holland needs to speed up this rebuild cause the wings are getting left in the dust

Matthews is good but it's not like he's Sidney Crosby, Eichel Barkov Stamkos and Larkin are all in his division so he's not gonna have a very fun career lol

Yes in my eyes Larkin is already a stud 23 friggin goals his rookie year on this beatdown wings team? He'll be scoring 30 in his prime and we already know he has all the tools and sense to be one of the best playmakers in the league soon he had some sick dishes this year. I see Larkin becoming a 70 point possession anchor