• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

frankgrimes

Shea Weber for Pernal Karl Subban

Rate this topic

I think as someone said earlier, this trade is may be in MTL favor for the 2-3 years, after that - NSH clearly wins, because of Weber's caphit and term.

As for Preds D for today - having guys like Josi, Ellis and Ekholm still leaves their D one of the best in the league. And with Rinne in goal and guys like Forsberg, Neal and Johansen upfront they are much closer to the Cup than Habs.

Miller and Glendog has their shotblocking duties cut for them against MTL.

I do believe MTL will be slightly better with Weber. Good trade for both teams, I think Subban will thrive in Nashville.

Edited by Jacksoni

Weber is unreal it doesn't matter what some arm chair GMs believe. What will matter is the brute force , lethal shot and unmatched leadership abilities Weber will bring.

Teams like the Wings will again have the pleasure of facing him 6 times a year, not exactly encouraging.

I think the first 3 years it isn't even a question that the Habs won this trade, if Subban can further round out his game then it might change after that but till then...Poile traded their leader and best blueliner Nashville ever had.

Subban.png

Weber is so incredibly unreal that all forms of stats prove that he is average at best :lol:

And no he isn't the best defenseman NSH has ever had, Josi has clearly been better the last couple seasons.

Edited by Ekmanc

Weber is unreal it doesn't matter what some arm chair GMs believe. What will matter is the brute force , lethal shot and unmatched leadership abilities Weber will bring.

Teams like the Wings will again have the pleasure of facing him 6 times a year, not exactly encouraging.

I think the first 3 years it isn't even a question that the Habs won this trade, if Subban can further round out his game then it might change after that but till then...Poile traded their leader and best blueliner Nashville ever had.

Lol talk about overrating a player.

Personally, I'd rather have Weber (maybe not 5 years from now, but who knows)....+ his cap hit is $1.2/year lower (I understand there are a lot of years left on it though.

You'd rather have a guy who is worse in almost every single measurable way?

Weber is a thug. I'd rather have Subban.

This is true, Shea Weber is a thug. He smashed our captains head against the glass unexpectedly. League did fine him although he should have gotten a suspension for his thug antics.

Looks like Subban wins in the leadership department too. Who wants a thug who smashes guys heads into walls instead of offering a fair fight.

So Nashville gained a defenseman not only with better stats all around but also a better person.

Edited by kickazz

Side note...

I wonder what Subban thinks of his beloved Habs today?

Grew up in Toronto (can only imagine the jeers he got from Leaf fans), drafted by the Canadiens, and becomes a fan favorite...It all came crashing down...Sorta feel sorry for him.

I say... Welcome to the United States!

Weber is so incredibly unreal that all forms of stats prove that he is average at best :lol:

And no he isn't the best defenseman NSH has ever had, Josi has clearly been better the last couple seasons.

Take that thing and show it to team Canada I'm sure they care more about the opinion of some Photoshop designer than the ones actually in charge of running team Canada also known as the best team in the world.

Like I've said in the short term Habs won the deal hands down long term will depend how both players develop and if Subban can become elite defensively.

Take that thing and show it to team Canada I'm sure they care more about the opinion of some Photoshop designer than the ones actually in charge of running team Canada also known as the best team in the world.

Like I've said in the short term Habs won the deal hands down long term will depend how both players develop and if Subban can become elite defensively.

Awesome argument, I assume Kessel is left out of team USA cause he's a much worse player than Callahan and Abdelkader too right??

cause he ain't got that grit...

Awesome argument, I assume Kessel is left out of team USA cause he's a much worse player than Callahan and Abdelkader too right??

cause he ain't got that grit...

Last time I checked Kessel was on team USA, if your reference is about the world cup of hockey I don't know nor do I care. Don't even know if one of Weber, Subban both or neither are on the team.

It's not an awesome argument it's the truth the people in charge have to take a lot into account and as far as I know Weber checks all the boxes.

Habs robbed Nashville in this one. Everyone overrates Dman so much if they put up offensive numbers.

it's obvious but hey let us wait till the Wings play the Habs with Weber and Price in the line up. Maybe That Photoshop designer will need to make a graphic with broken nets then.

it's obvious but hey let us wait till the Wings play the Habs with Weber and Price in the line up. Maybe That Photoshop designer will need to make a graphic with broken nets then.

Who is a photoshop designer?

Here's my view....if you start the discussion on Dmen by pulling a bunch of stats, that's where the discussion stops for me.

If you want to assess a winger vs. another winger, stats are more meaningful, less meaningful when you get to centers, but still meaningful....get even less when you get to Dmen.

Team Canada knows what they are doing, they have a lot of smart hockey minds making decisions and Weber tends to be one of, if not their 1st pick and Subban tends not to even make the team. Not saying that end the discussion, but there is a reason for that.

I never thought that this would actually happen.Shea Weber was our captain and the face of the preds franchise.always thought he would retire as a pred.this trade hit me like a wrecking ball.

That is just weird

Feel bad for you, Weber is the definition of what (most) people would want from a defenseman, even if he is a bit aging still an unbelievable player most teams would LOVE to have.

Beyond Weber vs Subban, Nashville wins based on what their defense looks like now vs Montreal.

Josi-Subban

Ekholm-Ellis

vs.

Markov-Weber

Emelin-Petry

No comparison.

Yeah it's amazing Nashville has an unbelievable eye for defensive talent and how to develop them. Wonder if Josi is going to be the next captain because Fisher won't play for much longer.

Edited by frankgrimes