• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

frankgrimes

Shea Weber for Pernal Karl Subban

Rate this topic

Feel bad for you, Weber is the definition of what (most) people would want from a defenseman, even if he is a bit aging still an unbelievable player most teams would LOVE to have.

Yeah it's amazing Nashville has an unbelievable eye for defensive talent and how to develop them. Wonder if Josi is going to be the next captain because Fisher won't play for much longer.

I'm just glad that Weber didn get traded to a division rival like Chicago.don't like Montreal,but Weber can still be my favorite non-pred player.

I'm just glad that Weber didn get traded to a division rival like Chicago.don't like Montreal,but Weber can still be my favorite non-pred player.

Since you seem to be a Predators fan posting on a Red Wings forum, what's your take on Subban on your team replacing Weber?

Edited by Jacksoni

Fully understandable; I'm not even a Predsfan and Weber was a guy I always wanted on the Wings. Montreal with the addition of Weber, Shaw got a lot tougher to play against that's for sure add to that a healthy Price and they'll be back in the playoff race.

Also I'm sure I'm in the minority here but I don't your top pairing is going to be Josi - Subban, I think Laviolette might prefer a more balanced top 4 pairing Josi - Ellis and Subban - Ekholm

Weber cannot be replaced.Haven't really watched subban play,when he was with Montreal,so don't know how well he will do with the preds

Some of Weber's attributes sure can't be replaced. If you haven't watched Subban play much, you are in for a treat. He's usually regarded a top 5 defenseman in the league. By no means a bad trade for you, over a few years rather quite the opposite.

Nashville wins. Weber's best days are already behind him, more or less. Subban is younger and, frankly, better.

Poile has basically undone the Seth Jones trade -- only, he gets to keep Ryan Johansen.

And that, my friends, is how you GM.

He got the best years out of Weber's Philly offer sheet contract, and have now replaced him with someone younger and better suited to how the game is played today. Preds fans got a lot to look forward to.

Weber is gonna be counted on to play even more minutes in Montreal, meaning possession against the Habs will increase. Stay out of the box vs the Habs to avoid him running the pp and you're set.

Stay out of the box vs the Habs to avoid him running the pp and you're set.

TBH, I'm not super-crazy about the implications for our boys in red and white. Feels like Weber's had our number for quite a while now and feels like we've generally been able to neutralize Subban. Granted, we have a longer and more intimate history with Weber. He knows us well.

I think you're right about the Habs' overall possession game, though. I mean, in theory, you absolutely are. They're a bad possession team with a possession monster in Subban, because Michele Therrien is a dinosaur. Weber's never really had strong underlying numbers. Do the math...

Some of Weber's attributes sure can't be replaced. If you haven't watched Subban play much, you are in for a treat. He's usually regarded a top 5 defenseman in the league. By no means a bad trade for you, over a few years rather quite the opposite.

The great thing is Subban's going to sell the s*** out of NHL hockey to the people of Nashville and in the States. I think it's a match made in heaven. They're going to adore him there. He's going to become what he deserves to be, which is one of The Names in pro sports.

For anyone who doesn't like Subban...

P.K. Subban donating $10 million to Montreal's Children's Hospital

P.K. Subban lights up Chris Neil

P.K. Subban crushes Brad Marchand

P.K. Subban...destroys

I mean, c'mon.

I really hope that this trade works well for the preds,because my heart is broken into pieces.watching preds play is gonna different without weber,something amazing needs to happening for the preds for me to be happy again,i think we all know the one thing that could lift a hockey fans broken sprit.

Hab fans seemed to love PK - just some of his teammates apparently didn't.

Anywho - hoping he'll do well in Nashville.

I don't. But I do hope he does better in Nashville than Weber does in Montreal. As low a performance for both as possible, please.

Edited by Jacksoni