• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

frankgrimes

Shea Weber for Pernal Karl Subban

Rate this topic

This could be good for the NHL marketing wise. A cocky black athlete playing in a US market, instead of in Canada. Unfortunately, Nashville is a small market team and most Americans don't know they even have a hockey team. If he went to Chicago or New York, it'd be an even better move.

I live about 45 minutes from Nashville, for the fans and the community, be it a seemingly small one, I hope he does well here and it draws more fans to the sport. It may even get me out to my first Preds game, I've lived here 3 years, maybe it's about time.

I'm personally a big fan of the guy, he has a big heart, a big personality, and was overwhelmingly charitable for his community when playing in Montreal. He's good for the sport, plain and simple. I hope he's well received in Tennessee.

28 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Yeah I think Weber has been really good for the Canadiens.... but I still would have never made that trade. 

Not to mention with Weber being older, the real downside to this trade will be seen in about 2-3 years when Weber really begins to regress while PK is still in his prime. Unless they win a cup with Weber being one of their MVP's, this trade is a huge blunder by Montreal.

Have to say, the PK tribute represented one of my favourite things about Hockey compared to many other sports. There is a gratitude and a respect between the fans and players for the most part that is often very touching. Its why I hated it so much when Sergei was booed, even though he walked/ 

6 hours ago, kliq said:

So is there anyone out there that still believes Montreal won this trade? @frankgrimes?

In the near term...yes, me.  Nashville moving further in the playoffs doesn't change that at all for me.  They have a better team, doesn't mean Subban is currently better.  They currently have a goalie playing out of his mind.  If you have the #1 goalie in the playoffs, your chances of winning are quite high.