• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
FireCaptain

Hall for Larsson - Oilers and Devils swap players

Rate this topic

https://www.nhl.com/news/oilers-trade-taylor-hall-to-devils-for-adam-larsson/c-281082608

The Edmonton Oilers traded left wing Taylor Hall to the New Jersey Devils for defenseman Adam Larsson on Wednesday.

Hall, 24, had 65 points (26 goals, 39 assists) in 82 games this season. Taken by the Oilers with the first pick of the 2010 NHL Draft, Hall has 328 points (132 goals, 196 assists) in 381 games. He has scored at least 20 goals four times in six seasons.

The Devils were No. 30 in the League at 2.22 goals per game this season, and their leader in goals and points, forward Kyle Palmieri, can become a restricted free agent Friday.

Larsson, 23, had three goals and 15 assists in 82 games this season, and averaged an NHL-career best 22:30 of ice time per game. The right-shot defender was the No. 4 pick of the 2011 draft. He has 64 points (nine goals, 55 assists) in 274 games.

The Oilers have one right-shot defender signed for next season, Mark Fayne. Adam Clendening and Eric Gryba, the other right-shot defensemen who finished 2015-16 with the Oilers, will become unrestricted free agents Friday.

Larsson will fit in great. He will grow into the dman he was projected to be with all the firepower Edmonton has. Edmonton will win this trade in the end.

Oilers better hope he does ... Regardless there's no way Edmonton shouldn't be getting more than just Adam larsson for Taylor hall , that's just complete nonsense

1st/larsson and a prospect/player for hall would of made more sense , a 1 for 1 deal is ludicrous

Oilers better hope he does ... Regardless there's no way Edmonton shouldn't be getting more than just Adam larsson for Taylor hall , that's just complete nonsense

1st/larsson and a prospect/player for hall would of made more sense , a 1 for 1 deal is ludicrous

I personally think jersey made a mistake trading a potential franchise dman for a winger. Win for Edmonton. A risk? Sure. But the reward makes Edmonton a MUCH better team

I personally think jersey made a mistake trading a potential franchise dman for a winger. Win for Edmonton. A risk? Sure. But the reward makes Edmonton a MUCH better team

"Potential" is the key word ... Taylor hall is an elite winger stuck in a loser organization since he was drafted, think as of today New Jersey wins this deal easily , still think nj should of added to get hall

"Potential" is the key word ... Taylor hall is an elite winger stuck in a loser organization since he was drafted, think as of today New Jersey wins this deal easily , still think nj should of added to get hall

Dmen cost a lot more than wingers in today's NHL. Oilers had a need, and they paid what they had to.

Larsson will fit in great. He will grow into the dman he was projected to be with all the firepower Edmonton has. Edmonton will win this trade in the end.

They should land top D instantly. Not maybe in few years, I mean right now, what is the current price for Hall.

They should land top D instantly. Not maybe in few years, I mean right now, what is the current price for Hall.

I said nothing about a few years. He will make an impact in Edmonton instantly. He is the real deal. His numbersarwnt high because of the team he played with.

His numbersarwnt high because of the team he played with.

--- and now he´s going to play for usual cup contender.

You´re right when speaking about fitting with Oilers, that´s obvious they were looking for D. My point is that Hall´s value is much higher.

lmao stop dude

unless he becomes a top 10 player in the entire league this is a bad deal for EDM. Hall is superior to Patrick Kane in possession and scoring chance creation.

Edmonton did not win this deal, they lost this deal considerably. The fact that Hall is 3rd (points per game) 5 on 5 playing with that dreadful oilers team the last 4 years is almost incredible. Ridiculous to consider Oilers winners if your statically speaking right now amongst rating hall as a forward and Larsson on defense. Yes defensemen take longer to develop but all signs are pointing that Larsson will not be in the elite level that Hall has already proven to be.

Edited by Superman54

I seriously don't know how Chiarelli pulled the trigger on this one ... tbh, it could have been Shea Weber for Hall ... that would be about right.

That would've been a top 10 player for an above average D-man. Equally worse of a trade.