• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

Darren Helm re-signed: 5 years, $3.85m AAV

Rate this topic

I can't wait to watch Darren "Hands of Stone" Helm completely miss the net on the multiple breakaway chances he creates for himself. I was really excited about potential changes, but it looks like we like our team, so we are just going to bring them all back. What's the over/under on Holland re-signing Quincey to 7 years/ 7m AAV?

I'm fine with this contract. Helm is only 29. And the cap hit will in no way hurt the team. Glad he is sticking around.

Does Miller make the team now that we have Helmer back and Neilson who can also kill penalties? Seems to me Miller should be the odd man out.

I am honestly sick and tired of Holland, please Mr Illitch do whatever it takes to get Stevie Y back.

Stevie Y isn't coming back anytime soon. Even if Holland left today. People that think other wise are crazy.

I'm fine with this contract. Helm is only 29. And the cap hit will in no way hurt the team. Glad he is sticking around.

Does Miller make the team now that we have Helmer back and Neilson who can also kill penalties? Seems to me Miller should be the odd man out.

What was the point of resigning Miller then lol

I announced it long ago. My worst nightmare came true. Nobody wants Helm but Holland will still overpay. Terrible offseason.

You have created your own reality around your opinion.

Here's an article about the Stars interest in Helm, that forecasts a bidding war on him.

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-stars/stars/2016/06/30/stars-interested-lucic-helm-free-agency-will-price-right

Somewhere else in this thread there's a tweet from Dredger or Mackenzie on the 5 or 6 teams that were vying for him.

Glad Helm's back. Terrm is good. Caphit is a bit high. Hope this relegates Miller to the extra forward position.

I like Helm but ever since his leg got screwed he doesn't seem.to be the tenacious f**k I loved. In any case what's all that changes are coming bullcrap. We replaced Dat's with a worse veteran (no offense Neilson but your no magic man) the only change has been for worse

Gotta wait all summer to hope for a good trade

Well, they traded datsyuk's mediocre point totals for nielson - who should be similar, and do ok on faceoffs. I had hoped they would pick up SOMEONE dynamic on the front end. I like Helm, and think he's a good player, but we know what we're gonna get with him, which isn't another 20 goals in the mix, OR someone who can carry the effing puck through the neutral zone and help out nyquist and tatar, who I thought suffered last year from just being too small and blocked out by the other team's D.

I guess they're banking on Atha and Mantha coming up Huge, Larkin not having any sophomore slump, Zetterberg somehow staying even despite age and mileage (no neg on Z, just that's life). ATM, and with the sense that this is kinda fluid (change your players to suit your own self) I see our lineup being something like this (no sense btw of who is on what wing, or anything like that, just people in rough configuration))::

1. Larkin Zetterberg Abdelkader (A good proven line)

2 Athanaseiu (sp) Nielsen and Tatar/Nyquist (Questions on Chemistry)

3. Mantha Sheehan Nyquist/Tatar (Questions on Chemistry)

4. Helm Glendening Miller (Great Checking / Penalty Killing)

6 D: Green, Dekeyser, Smith, Kronwall, Erikson, Marchenko

Sproul, Oulette Jenson to fight for last spot.

2 G Howard, Mrazek

Cap Friendly says we are at 65.5 mil with 7.49 mil space but that doesn't include removing the salaries of Franzen 3.95 and Vitale 1.05 so it seems roughly to me we are at 12.49 mil space, which I know Holland doesn't want to get right up to the edge with.

A chunk of that has to fix up Dekeyser and Mrazek but we also have salaries listed in the cap like a guy named Lorito (no clue who he is), so it seems to me we coulda prolly made another 5.5 mil splash or gotten us someone who'll deliver a bit more punch on the offensive side.

Oh well, Maybe a trade's yet in the offing, or we'll pull a rabbit out of our red wing rear ends. News at 11.

As for resigning Miller, look at our PK with him in the lineup vs not. He's worth his million far more, I think, than helm is worth his 4.

Does any team value PKing as much as the Red Wings?? I value this thing called goal scoring, and we didn't do s*** today that will help that. Just for the love of god Blashill play the kids more next season, that would be fine.

The guy scores 10-15 goals a season for the most part. If he is played on the 3rd line where he should be, he is a huge asset. When you have a team with elite talent, it is usually guys like Helm that become the difference makers.