• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

Darren Helm re-signed: 5 years, $3.85m AAV

Rate this topic

I'd Shaw any day over Helm.

Hate Shaw.

Helm is the least of our problems. He works his butt off and is fast.

I'm ok with this.

The real deadweight on this team = Erickson, Kronwall, Howard

Move some of these pieces if possible

Hate Shaw.

Helm is the least of our problems. He works his butt off and is fast.

I'm ok with this.

The real deadweight on this team = Erickson, Kronwall, Howard

Move some of these pieces if possible

I wouldn't say Kronwall is dead weight, he just needs to be counted on less at this point. He still has a lot to offer in a lesser role.

As for Howard and Ericsson, I agree. Sadly we're stuck with Howard unless we get lucky.

Because at the time we had no Helm or Neilson, I would imagine.

Holland likes to panic and jump the gun on signing people. I like Miller, but it can't be that hard to find a UFA 4th line penalty killer if we somehow missed out on him.

I wouldn't say Kronwall is dead weight, he just needs to be counted on less at this point. He still has a lot to offer in a lesser role.

As for Howard and Ericsson, I agree. Sadly we're stuck with Howard unless we get lucky.

Goalies are hard to move. We're stuck with Howard, maybe for the duration of the contract. I would hope we could find a buyer over the next few years, but yeah, we're probably stuck with him. Ericsson, even with all his contract stipulations, would be easier to move. I'm with you on Kronwall, though. He's still a serviceable top four guy, he just never really stepped into the Number 1 spot like we all hoped he would. Unfortunately, we have about a thousand middle pairing defensemen, so...

The lack of any vision and strategy represented by this deal is impressive, but unlike half of you sycophantic homers around here I NEVER bought into the Holland "genius" tag. It was always others (Nill, Bowman, scouting) that made this team. As far as I'm concerned the only think Holland did for us was go out and buy Hasek, Hill and Robitaille - nothing genius about having the riches to buy three hall of famers, but in today's world that would probably take up half the cap space.

Despite Holland's emperor with no clothes finally being revealed to the masses, the one thing I can't stand any more is for this team to play underperforming mid level veterans (like Helm and so many others) over promising and very hungry kids. I don;t care what they are paid, if I see another season of dead weight playing while someone like AA is out there making things happen in 7 minutes a game, I'm going to lose it.

Kronner is being paid 5 million a year for a job that a number of our GR guys could do (Sproul, Jensen, Oulette). Kronner has a bumb knee and really had a bad season last year. He is not worth the 5 mill and is seriously on the decline.

The more I think about this deal, the more I hate it.

I think perhaps since Helm took the "discount" (I do believe he would have gotten more yesterday from one of the teams interested in his services) that Kenny will have Helmer on the trade block-he doesnt have a no trade clause does he? He could fit nicely in a package

I think perhaps since Helm took the "discount" (I do believe he would have gotten more yesterday from one of the teams interested in his services) that Kenny will have Helmer on the trade block-he doesnt have a no trade clause does he? He could fit nicely in a package

Holland isn't one to sign-and-trade. (No GM is these days, honestly.) Bottom line, this is a Ken Holland Veteran Loyalty Program Extension. Helm will be with us for at least five more years, making considerably more money than he's worth. (And I say that as a big Darren Helm fan.)

If he just had hands around the net. Can't score. Maybe send him on a Soviet style training camp for scoring on the breakaway for a couple months.

Overpayment in my opinion. Still, his speed will cause problems. If he just had those hands with that...

What a joke of signing Kenny needs to go freaking idiot why are we signing D's retreads that's why we will never win anything what about Jimmy's contract no one is gonna take that abomination

You must be a man or postmenopausal because you are...

...missing some periods

Yeeeaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh!!!

😎

Dude, I disable Javascript on this site because it keeps crapping out in Firefox otherwise. The " " mess isn't something I typed.

But good call coming down on me and not the clown that can't find the period button.

. And you are a loser

Dude, I disable Javascript on this site because it keeps crapping out in Firefox otherwise. The " " mess isn't something I typed.

But good call coming down on me and not the clown that can't find the period button.

I suppose irony wasn't the right word. It was more of your username than anything. Because punctuation seems unknown to the Internet. People suck at spelling and grammar to begin with, then you throw in Internet slang/shortcuts and people become zombies.