• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Jedi

Frans Nielson signs 6 year $5.25m AAV contract with Detroit

Rate this topic

Please fire Holland right now. WE DO NOT NEED THIS GUY!!! And for 6 seasons??? He might net us an extra couple of points via the shootout, but that's about it. He brings NOTHING NEW! I would have been happier standing pat than this, which I suggested. If you can't get the big fish, play the kids.

I'm so ******* sick of Holland it's not even a joke. He's killing this team.

Okposo just signed with Buffalo for not much more than this.

Holland is beyond incompetent. I don't even think his apologists can apologize for him anymore, but I'm sure they'll try.

For what it's worth:

Nielsen has become a solid NHL'er. Nielsen is a very smart player and a skilled playmaker, with great hockey sense, he reads the game well and he is a good skater. Which allows him to fill a role on both the power play and penalty kill on the New York Islanders team. Has in recent years been considered an outsider for the Selke Trophy. And is among the most underrated players in the NHL according to Sports Illustrated and the NHLPA player poll. - See more at: http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=210#sthash.9dkkeb0j.dpuf

The Nielsen deal does nothing but keep the Wings in the middle of the pack. Either we are at the top of the league or we rebuild and go back to the bottom and start acquiring top prospects. I'm sick of being the 16th best team every year. This half in, half a$$, just be good enough to make the playoffs bs is annoying.

Edited by Datsyukian-Deke

I had come to grips with the fact Nielson was likely our target after missing out on Stamkos but the Helm contract over signing an Okposso or Lucic is still stinging.

I've never liked Douchic and didn't want him in Detroit. But, yeah, Okposo would've brought more to the table than Helm.

can't believe this deal. Nothing against Nielsen but he isn't what the Wings needed. Not a number one center, not physical and then 6 years?

having space doesn't mean you should piss it all away

rather have had Looch, Backes or Okposo at that term

Edited by frankgrimes

Isles fans tell me he's a 50 point 2 way C who plays #1 pp and pk, while drawing the toughest defensive assignments. He's also one of the best at the shootout. Wish he was 2 years younger.

That's with the Isles, he's playing with the Wings now...

Edited by Hockeymom1960

Hope this won't turn into another Weiss.

I couldn't agree more, its the first thing I thought of when I saw the signing...I wont lie though, I all I know about him is the 2016 highlight reel on youtube i just watched. At 32 years old he is certainly on the wrong side of the slope for me.

I had come to grips with the fact Nielson was likely our target after missing out on Stamkos but the Helm contract over signing an Okposso or Lucic is still stinging.

Not every player wants to come to Detroit. Lucic was going to Edmonton before today, anyone not seeing that is an idiot. Okposo was also reported to sign with the Sabres as of last night. No surprise again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's with the Isles, he's playing with the Wings now...

He's playing for the Wings so I guess he just forgets how to play hockey now...

This place sometimes.

Not every player wants to come to Detroit. Lucic was going to Edmonton before today, anyone not seeing that is an idiot. Okposo was also reported to sign with the Sabres as of last night. No surprise again.

He's playing for the Wings so I guess he just forgets how to play hockey now...

This place sometimes.

We don't have anyone that can score?

Isles fans tell me he's a 50 point 2 way C who plays #1 pp and pk, while drawing the toughest defensive assignments. He's also one of the best at the shootout. Wish he was 2 years younger.

Islanders fans are the biggest morons in the country so none of that says much.

Typical wing type guy good two way player. Not great but we didn't have to many other choices. We are done after resigning our players not enough left to get anyone barring a trade

We don't have anyone that can score?

How can we fix that? Unless we start making trades that won't happen. Other players have to want to come to Detroit, obviously they didn't and they signed with other teams.

Lucic gets to play with McDavid, why come to Detroit ?

Okposo gets to play with Eichel / Oreilley, why come to Detroit?

OK, Mr. Salient here. A week ago everyone loved Holland for dumping the Datsyuk contract into the Arizona desert never to be heard from again. Probably eaten by dingos. The fact they had any money to get a good quality player (yes he's a solid #2 center and hey, would you look at that he can still wear #51) is partially due to the contract dump. Give Kenny a break. No, he didn't sign a player to put the Wings over the top. Know how many GM's in the NHL put themselves over the top with the players available today? Zero. Lucic in Edmonton, LOL Mongo pleeeeeeease.

If you're mad at Holland for the money, that set itself up in the previous years of treading water and not being a destination hotspot anymore. That's why you have to pay more to get good players and incredible amounts for great ones. Becoming a slave to the streak and keeping it alive has cost the Wings and it showed again today.

There may be more help on the way...