• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Jedi

Frans Nielson signs 6 year $5.25m AAV contract with Detroit

Rate this topic

Honestly i know very little of Nielson. Wikipedia says he the most successful shootout guy all-time. That will definitely help.

For a team that needs scoring his history of points leaves much to be desired.

6 years is too long. Hopefully there's not NTC or NMC in case our prospects supplant him in the future.

Except that is facts, your is just your opinion.

Watch him on the ice before drawing conclusions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is "facts"? There are no facts here.

"Plays on 1st PP and PK. Good at shootouts. Draws toughest assignments"

None of that means anything significant.

Edited by shocky2002

Read Tripod post again. He's a above average player.

It carries more weight then your opinion which has nothing behind it.

Edited by DatsyukianDekes

A deal like this shows holland has no plan for the future. What's his game plan for this rebuild? Hope a superstar signs with us in free agency? Magically draft a superstar with a 20 something pick

That feeling when your up against the cap and your roster sucks with no hope for the future

Edited by joesuffP

I believe that. You're fine with paying a 32 year old above average player 6/35?

I said earlier it's not great but not horrible. It's the going rate look at some of the contracts handed out today.

I will reserve my opinion on his play on the ice. Right now I can look at he player he was the last couple years and know what type of player we are getting.

I'll trust the judgement of the fanbase that has watched him his entire career moreso than a bunch of Wings fans who likely have no idea who he is.

Officially don't want Holland as GM of this team anymore. What are you thinking signing an average 32 year old to a 6 year contract. Like what's his end game where does he see this going. This is an awful decision for our team now and going forward

A deal like this shows holland has no plan for the future. What's his game plan for this rebuild? Hope a superstar signs with us in free agency? Magically draft a superstar with a 20 something pick

That feeling when your up against the cap and your roster sucks with no hope for the future

Lol @ no hope for the future.

I know people freak out when we use the word rebuild but this signing just delays the inevitable. Unless we get an extremely lucky Datsyuk or Z late in the draft again, we are going to need a superstar player or 2. Since we can't get those through free agency or trade that leaves only one other option. Like it or not, we are going to have to fall in order to get back up.

Nelson is finishing not a starting piece this team is nowhere near contention ...why not stay pat ? Seems like cap space needs to be spent no matter what ? Which is so dumb there's going to be another UFA day, trade deadline and a draft ...yeah Wings didn't get Stamkos in fact he wasn't even interested how about using that fact as a hint that a rebuild is needed instead of spending money on non number one centers and magically hope some late pick will turn into the next Z.

Meanwhile Looch who is much younger, brings something the Wings lack signs with Edmonton.

Backes in Boston, Okposo with Buffalo the east got heavier to play against but if course the Wings are going with a guy who may or may not help getting them to the usual first round exit. Jesus Christ

So what's the center position now?

Nielson

Larkin

Z or AA ?

What's the endgame here? Pissing Mr Is money away and hope for a draft wonder? This team will need to be bottom out in order to get up again...yeah the Wings are an original 6 team which had tons of success but top guys are shying away from signing here may be that should give Holland something to think about

Edited by frankgrimes

Not the worst signing ever by any stretch of the imagination. I am ok with the AAV but the term is concerning to be sure. Doesn't really fill a need that someone else can't fill (AA?).

Oh well, more mediocrity and 1st round playoff exits coming. HOORAAH!

The more I read about Nielsen, the more i like him.. The term obviously isn't great but that's free agency for ya. Hopefully holland isn't done.

I'm in the same boat. Seems like he'll be a good fit. And the limited no trade after two years makes that contract movable if he starts to decline or if Larkin and AA surpass the hell out of him at center.

And maybe we'll win shootouts now!!