• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

Thomas Vanek signs 1 year, $2.6m deal with Detroit

Rate this topic

The fact that you have Larkin at third line RW is hilarious Z isn't playing center anymore.

Z-Larkin-Abby

Vanek-Nielsen-Nyquist

Tatar-Sheahan-AA

Miller-Helm-Glen

Jurco is done here and I'd like to see him and Tatar traded so Mantha can play. Maybe Tatar Jurco and a first can get us Fowler or trouba a id even add a second and Smith

...If Z is our first line center I might just hop on the fire holland train

I would also say it's hilarious that you have Helm on the 4th line. He's on the 3rd line, count on it. I don't think he would have stayed otherwise.

No risk high reward signing. The worste outcome is he bombs and they drop him next offseason. If he finds his scoring touch again though he could become a valuable asset come deadline day. Flip a 3rd tier FA into a couple young guys or a draft pick would be a great hockey move.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Only problem I have with this is one year we will have to get rid of one of our young guys for someone with a one year deal but I'm guessing Kenny is planning to trade a young forward for a defenseman anyways

Vanek's production dipped with the Wild... you know who else saw their production go down and stay relatively down on the Wild? Parise. I would wager there is a correlation here. I have a feeling his numbers will bounce back with us, assuming we don't misuse him.

I think so too.

Vanek is a chronic gambler I've read. Doesn't mean that it's "bad" per se. Lots of athletes gamble heavily.

"On July 21, 2014, Vanek's name was listed in records seized from The Marina Restaurant & Bar, a Rochester, New York, facility suspected of running an illegal gambling ring. For his part, Vanek denies all wrongdoing, is cooperating with authorities and does not expect to be charged with any crime.[19]"

May or may not be a problem as a player, but I sure wouldn't want my sister to be dating this guy - pretty clear warning signs. My question is do the Wings have the coaching staff to get this guy on track? Blashill? Come on...

May or may not be a problem as a player, but I sure wouldn't want my sister to be dating this guy - pretty clear warning signs. My question is do the Wings have the coaching staff to get this guy on track? Blashill? Come on...

The Wings have handled "problem cases" before. I wouldn't expect any issues.

Vanek's professional career is on the line in 2016-17. If he's smart, he'll steer clear of off-ice distractions.

So where does he fit? Does this mean we'll see a trade of a couple forwards?

yes Kenny has stated that he would get defenseman with a trade he has stock piled forwards and now in need of shedding some but don't expect to see it happen right away prices are high right now he will let things cool a little and guys like Tatar Nyquist and Jurco will be trade bait for a top two defenseman

If signing Stamkos would've been an A+, these 3 signed today is a solid B+.

Helm is C-....

i would agree with the first two but Ott is no B+ nor c+ I don't look for him to play barring injury

Would love to see how a Vanek-Nielsen-Mantha line would be.. Even just preseason.

Personally, I'm not sure I'd put Vanek on Nielsen's wing. Vanek is slow, not a great possession player, and poor defensively; he needs easy even-strength minutes and prime PP time if he's to be an effective point-producer for us. Nielsen, on the other hand, needs to be winning matchups against top players.

Edited by Dabura

Personally I hope he lights it up and we can flip him at the deadline to some desperate team looking for one last piece for a 1st round pick. And I know that sounds crazy, but Paul Gaustad went for a 1st at the deadline a few years ago.

Edited by Detroit # 1 Fan

Personally I hope he lights it up and we can flip him at the deadline to some desperate team looking for one last piece for a 1st round pick. And I know that sounds crazy, but Paul Gaustad went for a 1st at the deadline a few years ago.

I remember that. That was nucking futs. Unless we have absolutely no chance of making the playoffs we won't be selling anything at the deadline though

Personally, I'm not sure I'd put Vanek on Nielsen's wing. Vanek is slow, not a great possession player, and poor defensively; he needs easy even-strength minutes and prime PP time if he's to be an effective point-producer for us. Nielsen, on the other hand, needs to be winning matchups against top players.

Thinking third line then? What do you think the power plays will be? Maybe Vanek at the point on one but then we're opening up a lot of possibilities for odd man rushes going the wrong way.. Not having Datsyuk is going to hurt an already bad power play. This new assistant has his work cut out for him.

I remember that. That was nucking futs. Unless we have absolutely no chance of making the playoffs we won't be selling anything at the deadline though

Like you said, Even If hes on pace for his last season total, and we're in a playoff spot, this deal is a steal... and selling him for a late first from a playoff team wouldn't necessarily be worth it.

Great deal.

Yeah, he had some trouble in minny, but I see him like semin was his first year in Carolina, hungry to prove he can still produce in the nhl after a big buyout. If he does score 30 again then I pray kh re-signs him, to another one year deal, with bigger incentives in the contract but not for more than 2 years.

He can float sometimes, but he is NOT as slow as some people are making hi out to be, plus his hands are faster than 95% of this leagues defenseman can stopwhen he gets the room anyway. As long as he puts in the effort he isn't slow, the problem is he seemed like he didn't try very often in minny, but he wasn't slow in buffalo. Not the fastest guy, but not slow.

Put him with z and larkin, let Larkins speed make space and back off defenders, let him get the puck to z, who still has very high decision making, and he'll fire it to Vanek who still has a damn good shot, and who follows up on rebounds and doesn't get thrown around too easily in front of the net...

Edited by jimmyemeryhunter

Yeah put two slow vets on Larkins wing he's going to be hauling ass half the game gassed covering for those two

Vanek Nielsen Nyquist/Tatar would be better we need a shooter and a guy who will crash the net on our top two lines just keep our old top line but switch Z and Larkin