• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

Thomas Vanek signs 1 year, $2.6m deal with Detroit

Rate this topic

Lol we get a 40-50 point player for $2.6 million and still you have some people who aren't happy

Who isn't happy on here? I think for the most part everyone is saying its fine for the 1 year...A real low risk signing..

You can't win. Most of these posters are probably complainers in everyday life as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So you want to go personal now? We can if you want.

Don't know much about Vanek other than he's got a good shot.

NHL Network analysts say he's not 'fleet of foot'...Well - at this point I don't care how slow/fast he is...We have a team full of guys who are 'fast', but can't score goals worth a damn.

1 yr deal - that'll do pig Holland.

I wouldn't agree. His speciality are his deflections and puckhandling skills. He has special hands. I think they got him to help our powerplay. He's a beast in front of the net. Big body that can deflect pucks like nobody else. I'm still not really excited about the signing as he was really slow recently and didn't really compete. Lots of stupid giveaways. Even got benched in Minnesota and replaced by prospects.

Just saw his interview on TSN. Said that he has no idea why it didn't work in Minnesota. This really worries me. He should know best that his compete level was the problem.

Edited by poel

You can't win. Most of these posters are probably complainers in everyday life as well.

So you have the majority on here saying that holland hasn't done a very good job..But a few of you (like 2) saying that he has and we are all complainers?

Lolol

It's funny isn't it when you get personal about something silly because the majority doesn't agree with you.

dont see holland trading nyquist tatar aa larkin or matha for a d man. he will trade something like smith+jurco + pick or try to get rid of howard, just cant see him giving up young talent that bring in 50-60 pts

Edited by brett

So you have the majority on here saying that holland hasn't done a very good job..But a few of you (like 2) saying that he has and we are all complainers?

I just pay attention to posts for my time being here, ironically the same posters year after year say the same things.

Holland hasn't done the best job. Miller contract was useless and Helm is overpaid for what he can do (I don't care if he would have gotten more money as a free agent). But I also can't agree with people blaming Holland for not landing some of the players like Lucic, Okposo or Eriksson. It's upto the players whether they want to be here or not. Detroit is not UFA destination it used to be and we have to realize that.

Some people revert into their former high school logic and start blaming Holland for literally every single thing. No one can take you seriously if you can't differentiate between an instance when Holland really IS at fault and when he ISN'T.

So far I'm frowning at Holland for the Helm/Miller deals but giving a slow golf clap for the Vanek deal and a nod for Nielsen with a questioning look about the length of term. We can only truly know if these things pan out once the season is underway.

Edited by kickazz

Honestly, really good signing. He might not be the same player he was in Buffalo. But he has a right handed shot. And a change of scenery could be just what he needs. And my guess is he'll fit in better with out style of offense than Minnesota's. Plus its a dirt cheap, one year deal. Atta boy Kenny.

It's funny isn't it when you get personal about something silly because the majority doesn't agree with you.

As I just said its the same thing with most of the posts you make. anyways stop trying to derail the thread.

Edited by DatsyukianDekes

Who isn't happy on here? I think for the most part everyone is saying its fine for the 1 year...A real low risk signing..

So you want to go personal now? We can if you want.

Didn't want him but of course the Wings sign him at the plus side it's only for 1 year so if it doesn't work out they can just let him walk.

so much for becoming heavier and tougher to play against lol

So the talk of getting "tougher" and "harder to play against" was just to get me through the week?

Meh, not super excited but not unhappy about it, and I did tease about pre-ordering your Vanek jerseys a couple of days ago, so there. Can I read Holland or what.

Honestly. 2,6 millions one year is okay...but Vanek is done unless he agrees to finally compete. He was terrible recently. Slow turnover machine. I think this is mainly to help our powerplay as Vanek still has his excellent hands.

Edited by Euro_Twins

Let's not get personal guys, not worth suspension.

Most folks are just angry at the Helm deal. Once we lost Stamkos we all knew it was going to be a patchwork day.

I like Nielsen and Vanek. They'll score here and will help the PP and the shootout.

Look at it this way, with only $9.9M left after LTIR and with DD and Mrazek left to sign, NO KFQ!!!!

Net front presence we've been missing for years? I'll take it. None of our changes will light the world on fire but they DO make us a bit more dynamic, which we badly needed. Give the offense a different tool to use and suddenly we aren't so one dimensional, even if that tool isn't a top line star.

We still need a star or two but I'm making peace with the fact that we won't get them this offseason. But we still need a defenseman and to clear up some dead weight. I was almost as excited for the reductions as I was the additions this offseason.

Let's not get personal guys, not worth suspension.

Most folks are just angry at the Helm deal. Once we lost Stamkos we all knew it was going to be a patchwork day.

I like Nielsen and Vanek. They'll score here and will help the PP and the shootout.

Look at it this way, with only $9.9M left after LTIR and with DD and Mrazek left to sign, NO KFQ!!!!

LW you know you want KFQ back on here. hahaha =)

Funny we get Torchetti and then bring in a guy he benched. This guy is a floater. Honestly I'd rather Holland did nothing than sign Nielson and Vanek, so much for getting guys that won't get pushed around.

Funny we get Torchetti and then bring in a guy he benched. This guy is a floater. Honestly I'd rather Holland did nothing than sign Nielson and Vanek, so much for getting guys that won't get pushed around.

The irony is the only guy I really wanted because he would come in cheap with a solid term decides to sign in Toronto...Matt Martin lol