• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

Thomas Vanek signs 1 year, $2.6m deal with Detroit

Rate this topic

Cannot stand some of the negative nancy downers here. I can see complaining about Kenny when he screws up (like most of you I'd also much rather have Stevie Y as a GM) but some ppl here will find anything to complain about, even when it's a solid deal. Kenny not getting Stammer isn't his fault whatsoever. He was never even on the open market. Some ppl need to GTFO with all the negative sky is falling no matter what mentality...smh.

Funny we get Torchetti and then bring in a guy he benched. This guy is a floater. Honestly I'd rather Holland did nothing than sign Nielson and Vanek, so much for getting guys that won't get pushed around.

I didn't think about it. But you're right. Torchetti and Vanek will be funny.

Vanek is a floater. Lazy, careless and slow. But he will help our powerplay and if they can get him to compete he might even improve a bit. I'm convinced that he still has it in him. And with his body he could do a lot of good stuff for us.

Didn't want him but of course the Wings sign him at the plus side it's only for 1 year so if it doesn't work out they can just let him walk.

so much for becoming heavier and tougher to play against lol

So the talk of getting "tougher" and "harder to play against" was just to get me through the week?

Meh, not super excited but not unhappy about it, and I did tease about pre-ordering your Vanek jerseys a couple of days ago, so there. Can I read Holland or what.

Honestly. 2,6 millions one year is okay...but Vanek is done unless he agrees to finally compete. He was terrible recently. Slow turnover machine. I think this is mainly to help our powerplay as Vanek still has his excellent hands.

And all are legitimate and fair comments. To say that Vanek is slow and has a poor work ethic is not as much criticism as truthful statements. And what about Holland's rhetoric about getting bigger and harder to play against? That certainly was not addressed, thus far.
And I did not complain, I just said "meh", but added that I was not unhappy, which is about the best you're going to get out of me over this deal. But he's a righty, and lord knows we need more of those around here. And 1 year, not 6. But I suspect someone is going to be traded, maybe Nyquist. We'll wait and see.

Gus, you should be nervous with Vanek here now. Have a friend who's a Blues fan, he's listening online to their sports talk radio and they realize Larkin isn't coming for Shattenkirk but he's hoping for Nyquist if that gets done.

sports talk radio....haha

Let's not get personal guys, not worth suspension.

Most folks are just angry at the Helm deal. Once we lost Stamkos we all knew it was going to be a patchwork day.

I like Nielsen and Vanek. They'll score here and will help the PP and the shootout.

Look at it this way, with only $9.9M left after LTIR and with DD and Mrazek left to sign, NO KFQ!!!!

Pretty much agree with you except for the Stamkos comment. He was never ours to lose.

The irony is the only guy I really wanted because he would come in cheap with a solid term decides to sign in Toronto...Matt Martin lol

so so glad we didn't sign Martin

I didn't think about it. But you're right. Torchetti and Vanek will be funny.

Vanek is a floater. Lazy, careless and slow. But he will help our powerplay and if they can get him to compete he might even improve a bit. I'm convinced that he still has it in him. And with his body he could do a lot of good stuff for us.

I'm confident that he won't be a "floater" in our puck possession style of offense. Last time he played in a similar offense he was with the Sabres and was arguably their best player every night.

I'm not saying he'll be what he was in Buffalo. But I certainly don't think he'll be what he was in Minnesota.

Edited by TheDetroitRedWings

The irony is the only guy I really wanted because he would come in cheap with a solid term decides to sign in Toronto...Matt Martin lol

Maybe we'll sign him when he's washed up. Just like Vanek, Legwand, Modano, Weiss. What a joke this guy.

Solid signing in my opinion. It's funny (or maybe sad?) that Helm got paid $1.3mil more than Vanek this year considering its almost guaranteed that Vanek out produces him this season.

Edited by ToastyWing

I bet Tatar or Nyquist will be dealt now for a D-Man

I would doubt it, I'd hope that Vanek is and Nielson are small nudges to help Tats and Goose score. They alone will not fill that void. I love the Vanek deal, it adds some hope.

Why would folks complain about the Vanek signing? People were suggesting we sign Staal to a "show me" deal. Isn't the same kind of deal Vanek just got? Short term, fairly low money. Let's see if Vanek wants to earn more in 17/18.

$2.6 million is a steal even if he just puts up the same 18 goals 40 points he put up last year

Edited by Euro_Twins

I don't think Mantha gets traded. I think Vanek fills that 2nd or 3rd line winger, and it's a 1-year deal because Mantha can take over next year.

What do we have right now?

Tatar-Zetterberg-Abdelkader

Nyquist-Nielsen-Vanek

Sheahan-Helm-Larkin

Miller-Glendening-Ott

Jurco-Athanasiou-Mantha

Pulkkinen-Andersson

Gotta be a trade in the works. #1C or top D

Edited by _SP_

I don't think Mantha gets traded. I think Vanek fills that 2nd or 3rd line winger, and it's a 1-year deal because Mantha can take over next year.

What do we have right now?

Tatar-Zetterberg-Abdelkader

Nyquist-Nielsen-Vanek

Sheahan-Helm-Larkin

Miller-Glendening-Ott

Jurco-Athanasiou-Mantha

Pulkkinen-Andersson

Gotta be a trade in the works. #1C or top D

The fact that you have Larkin at third line RW is hilarious Z isn't playing center anymore.

Z-Larkin-Abby

Vanek-Nielsen-Nyquist

Tatar-Sheahan-AA

Miller-Helm-Glen

Jurco is done here and I'd like to see him and Tatar traded so Mantha can play. Maybe Tatar Jurco and a first can get us Fowler or trouba a id even add a second and Smith

...If Z is our first line center I might just hop on the fire holland train

Edited by MrazekFanBoy

The fact that you have Larkin at third line RW is hilarious Z isn't playing center anymore.

Z-Larkin-Abby

Vanek-Nielsen-Nyquist

Tatar-Sheahan-AA

Miller-Helm-Glen

Jurco is done here and I'd like to see him and Tatar traded so Mantha can play. Maybe Tatar Jurco and a first can get us Fowler or trouba a id even add a second and Smith

...If Z is our first line center I might just hop on the fire holland train

i dont see tatar going anywhere. nyquist is the bait in the equation. even smith too. jurco & pulky have been out on the branch for a while and no one bit on them. they will be frosting to the real deal.

i would press buffalo into the howard deal, try and pull a 2nd or good prospect

then flip it with nyquist+smith for shatner-kirk & 2nd.