• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

Steve Ott signs 1 year, $800k deal with Detroit

Rate this topic

Once nyquist Jurco and Pulkkinen are traded, ott will be a very valuable bottom 6 player. Miller/Frk will be our extra forwards.

Let's see....

Zetterberg - Larkin - Abdelkader

Tatar - Nielson - Vanek

Athanasiou - Sheahan - Mantha

Helm - Glendening - Ott

Miller/Frk

That's cute that you think Helm will be playing on the 4th line. We didn't pay him as much as we did to have him play minimal minutes. Mantha will more than likely be in GR. If we can't trade a roster forward, then Mantha and AA will be in the minors this season. It pisses me off, but that's what happens when you re-sign Helm and Miller.

I'm happy to have Ott. He's a character guy, and won't let the opposition take liberties with our (few) stars. I kind of hope it allows Abdelkader to concentrate more on putting the puck in the net and less on stupid penalties.

Not trying to be cute. That is a very good line. 4th or not, it's all about the best lines together. That being said, if, because of his salary, helm sees even a minute of top 6, Blashill should be fired.

If AA and Mantha play well enough to be on the team, miller will be in gr.

Lol, ya, who am I kidding?!?!

I guess Sheahan can move down to let Darren "Stonewall Hands" Helm can center the 3rd.

Seriously, either way, I hope Ott earns that spot and stays.

i see it more like this

Z Larkin Abby

Vanek Neilsen Tats

Goose Helm Shehan

Miller disney.com Ott

Pulks Jurco

AA Mantha in GR unless we trade one of tats goose jurco pulks. frk will be waived so will nosek

Edited by sjr2012

His grit means nothing, tbh. We're the only hockey franchise that can win 4 titles in a decade being last in the league in fights and PM's and still think tough guys have any place in the NHL.

Some might say that Dallas Drake was a part of why we won our last cup... Not saying that Ott is comparable to Dallas Drake, but your comment about grit meaning nothing holds no water. Grit does not go hand in hand with fights and PM's.

Worthless and it's only gonna take away Mantha/Pulk

Okay, first of all, Pulk had had ample opportunity to show he can bring it in the NHL and has yet to really earn it. 20 points in 70 games. That doesn't bode well for a sniper. Secondly, Mantha would be wasted on the 4th line. He'd be better of playing top line minutes in Grand Rapids. I would love to have Mantha stay up with the big club this season, but one more year in the AHL may actually benefit him over playing 10 or less minutes a game on a shut-down line.

Some might say that Dallas Drake was a part of why we won our last cup... Not saying that Ott is comparable to Dallas Drake, but your comment about grit meaning nothing holds no water. Grit does not go hand in hand with fights and PM's.

Okay, first of all, Pulk had had ample opportunity to show he can bring it in the NHL and has yet to really earn it. 20 points in 70 games. That doesn't bode well for a sniper. Secondly, Mantha would be wasted on the 4th line. He'd be better of playing top line minutes in Grand Rapids. I would love to have Mantha stay up with the big club this season, but one more year in the AHL may actually benefit him over playing 10 or less minutes a game on a shut-down line.

Dallas Drake was complete trash. Replace him with 2013 Tomas Tatar and the Wings still win the cup. Stay overvaluing grit even though hits will never have correlation with winning pct.

"20 points in 70 games. "

Did you even account for his playing time, line mates, PP time and peripheral scoring chance/corsi numbers relative to the team?

Edited by shocky2002

Dallas Drake's 2007-08 5v5 corsi rating relative to team was -9.5. You read that right. -9.5.

Gee, I wonder if the 08 Wings won because they had Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Franzen, Hudler, Flips in their absolute primes or was it Dallas Drake's grit?

Finally someone that will make the team more difficult to play against.

He's gonna be so difficult to play against that the opposing team will roughly have 5 more shots per 100 when he's on the ice vs when he's off.

Yeah, you can GTFO for this comment alone. Blasphemy.

Oh, and Darren McCarty?

I won't GTFO for being right. McCarty is human trash. He f***ed some high school girls while he was married IIRC. Worthless hockey player as well, just like every other tough guy.

Good read about McCarty here: http://detroitsportsrag.net/hey-darren-mccarty-keep-sergeis-name-out-of-your-filthy-mouth/#more-5642

Edited by shocky2002

I won't GTFO for being right. McCarty is human trash. He f***ed some high school girls while he was married IIRC. Worthless hockey player as well, just like every other tough guy.

Good read about McCarty here: http://detroitsportsrag.net/hey-darren-mccarty-keep-sergeis-name-out-of-your-filthy-mouth/#more-5642

Isnt this the same write that wrote about the "Swedish Mafia" lol. The article reads as if it was written by a 14 year old.