• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

sjr2012

Who should get A?

Rate this topic

Who should get Second A  

118 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

He'll get the C and immediately power up to Steve Yzerman Form and we'll all be sitting here looking stupid, never having known he was actually a Pokemon all along...

...or something

:D haha

We'll know the process is complete when all he says is "abdelkader, Abby ab abb" etc in his post game interviews

1. Larkin

2. Nyquist

3. Dekeyser

4. Abby

I'm sorry but I just don't like the banger side too Abby

Why do you not like Abdelkader's banger side? We have to much of that?

Would you prefer sending him to sensitivity classes to soften him up? Perhaps the whole team? I am puzzled..

Why do you not like Abdelkader's banger side? We have to much of that?

Would you prefer sending him to sensitivity classes to soften him up? Perhaps the whole team? I am puzzled..

I'm talking about the fighting and stupid penalties, if we give him the A we might as well become the big bad wings, he needs to clean his game up if he gets it

I agree...but Holland won't give up what it would take to get a "Kessel" on our team.

He needs to make the deal for Trouba/Shatt/Fowler and then let this core grow over the next 6 years winning and losing and learning.

I'd prefer Fowler or Trouba and then if he gets to July 1, then try to sign Shatt. Or even at the deadline...

I'm talking about the fighting and stupid penalties, if we give him the A we might as well become the big bad wings, he needs to clean his game up if he gets it

Your boy Mrazek got manhandled by Paquette a couple years ago and guess who stepped in?

Edited by kickazz

As and Cs for the Wings usually go to the best players. The fact the Abby is the next "A" speaks mountains about this teams skill level compared to a the last 20 years.

If tradition holds, Neilsen will get it.

They gave it to Alfredsson in 2014 instead of Franzen.

Edited by kickazz

Your boy Mrazek got manhandled by Paquette a couple years ago and guess who stepped in?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Lx7dHVGIXA

I watched that game and I don't mind when he sticks up for teammates that's not what I was referring to. idk I guess I just don't think Abby fits that skilled captain role i'd rather see a more important player get it

. That power grind it out banger side of the game is slowly burning out power forwards will eventually die out just like grinders and enforcers are pretty much non existent. Maybe 10-15 more years left of the power forward this league is getting soft(safe)

As and Cs for the Wings usually go to the best players. The fact the Abby is the next "A" speaks mountains about this teams skill level compared to a the last 20 years.

If tradition holds, Neilsen will get it.

They gave it to Alfredsson in 2014 instead of Franzen.

why Nielsen he just got here, I'd much rather see Abby get it than him. I don't think Nyquist will get it because of his off year so I'm really just hoping Larkin gets it

Neilsen was an assistant for the Islanders for a while. And they brought him in because of his veteran experience. I'm not saying he'll get it, I'm just saying it won't be surprising if he does.

Just going by what happened in the past. When Daniel Alfredsson came here for the one year they gave him the A when Datsyuk got injured instead of giving it to Franzen (who was here for a long time)

Edited by kickazz

Fair point about Alfredsson, though I think part of it was Alfredsson had much higher stature in the NHL than Neilsen does, IMHO, and had been wearing the C for years in Ottawa. If Stamkosmcame, I'm sure he would have gotten an A due to his stature as well. I wouldn't mind if Neilsen gets it, but I still think it will go to Abdelkader.

Giving the captaincy early worked out just fine for Sidney Crosby, Toews, Stamkos tbh. If Larkin takes another step and the Wings lose in round1/miss the playoffs, Zetterberg should be stripped of captaincy immediately IMO

Edited by shocky2002

In all three cases, they came to teams that were rock bottom in the league standings. Heck, in the case of the Penguins, Dick Tarnstrom led them in scoring from the blue line in 2003-2004. Not much there in terms of leadership. Mario had to hang it up due to his back. They had recently emerged from bankruptcy highlighted by Mario Lemieux converting $30 million owed to him into team equity and becoming a part owner. I'd say it wasn't quite the same situation as the current scenario for the Wings.