• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

shocky2002

For the Kenny apologists, what Holland move would change your stance o

Rate this topic

Okay, so if these are things that "need" to be done to "save" this summer... what specific moves would you make to achieve this goal?...

What would you give up to get Fowler? Which roster defenseman and three forwards would you trade and for what? And what two defense kids would you trade and for what?...

By the way, he wasn't "snubbed" by Stamkos (I'm assuming that's the UFA you're talking about), he signed a great deal with the team that drafted him. He never hit free agency...

Holland's needs to make the Fowler (or Trouba) deal. That's what will save him this summer after being snubbed (again) by the best available UFA.

He's got to shed one of our nhl defensemen, a couple d kids 3 nhl forwards.

If not, the offseason will be a fail in retrospect.

Forget Trouba, he's not coming here. If we start talking Trouba with the Jets, it starts with Larkin from our end.

No thanks.

Datsyukian, I think you're right in saying that any talks with the Jets on Trouba would "start" with Larkin, but I don't think he'd necessarily cost that much. I think a deal could be done with Nyquist / Tatar plus prospects and / or picks... If they're not interested in that package, we have other pieces we could throw in, including Svechnikov, Mantha, Athanasiou, etc. I'm not saying I'd necessarily trade those players (depends on what else would be going the other way), but the point is, I do think a trade for Trouba is very possibly without losing Larkin...

yes. I found a thread in HFBoards that's filled with the best gifs and pics. Most of them are Flashy G's

7ZrME8h.gif

I found my avatar pic there too

Ya you probably weren't around when flashy used to come round here all the time. His game day threads were priceless. He has mad Photoshop skills

Okay, so if these are things that "need" to be done to "save" this summer... what specific moves would you make to achieve this goal?...

What would you give up to get Fowler? Which roster defenseman and three forwards would you trade and for what? And what two defense kids would you trade and for what?...

By the way, he wasn't "snubbed" by Stamkos (I'm assuming that's the UFA you're talking about), he signed a great deal with the team that drafted him. He never hit free agency...

Ya, I've read that Trouba will cost too much.

I'd give up Nyquist, Jurco, Pulkkinen, Helm (obviously) Tatar, Smith, Ericsson, Sproul, Jensen, Ouellet in any sort of package to acquire Fowler. I'd prefer to dump Ericsson over any of the other D listed and Nyquist over the other f's.

Unfortunately I don't think Holland cares at this point about waiving a couple of the D kids. I'd prefer to package them or get at least a pick. But I think Kenny is content with waiving 2 of them if he must and roll the dice.

Edited by LeftWinger

yes. I found a thread in HFBoards that's filled with the best gifs and pics. Most of them are Flashy G's

7ZrME8h.gif

I found my avatar pic there too

Flashy Is An F'ing Genius. I love how Babcock takes a little peek over at you real quick after he turns aroubd! Masterful! I wished he'd come back!

We're liking going to have to overpay for any top 4 or 2 defenseman we bring in, and I'd personally much rather overpay for Trouba than Fowler.

You're basically saying that you would trade any players that you have openly said you "want" to get rid of, plus a few unproven players / prospects...

If Holland waives Jensen it's one thing, I think he'd likely clear anyway, but if he waives Sproul I'll be pissed. Trade Ouellet in a package, keep Sproul as your number 7 and waive Jensen...

We're liking going to have to overpay for any top 4 or 2 defenseman we bring in, and I'd personally much rather overpay for Trouba than Fowler.

You're basically saying that you would trade any players that you have openly said you "want" to get rid of, plus a few unproven players / prospects...

If Holland waives Jensen it's one thing, I think he'd likely clear anyway, but if he waives Sproul I'll be pissed. Trade Ouellet in a package, keep Sproul as your number 7 and waive Jensen...

I think Nyquist, Smith, prospect gets you Fowler. I'd prefer Ericsson, but we know nobody is taking him...

I think Nyquist, Smith, prospect gets you Fowler. I'd prefer Ericsson, but we know nobody is taking him...

I wouldn't even give them Nyquist for Fowler. He is NOT a top pairing d-man, and the Wings need a legitimate top-2 guy, not another bottom 3 or 4 d-man. We have enough of them. I would, however, give them Nyquist, Smith, and a prospect for Lindholm. But that is probably a pipe dream as I doubt Lindholm gets moved. Hence, the reason Fowler's name has been on the market for several months.

Well hell, we have Helm and Miller, we don't need no stinkin kids! Soon 2 of the 3 D kids will be waived, Frk possibly and nowhere to play Pulk and Jurco. Who needs em!

It's a damn shame that we waste so many years developing kids to let some other team get to benefit from them. But hell, we got Ericsson and Howard!

Let's wait and see before we accuse Holland of waiving all these players. Maybe he has something in the works...

We haven't really lost anyone of significance on waivers, so I can't really see it starting this year with a Sproul type player... In the past 7 years we have lost Mattias Ritola, Joey MacDonald, Andrej Nestrasil and Landon Ferraro. Of those 4 players, the only player I would say was a mistake losing was Ferraro, and only because I think he was an upgrade over Miller. But when it's an ever-so-slight upgrade over your number 12 forward, it's not a "huge" loss... Speaking of Miller, he was the only player we claimed off waivers in that time...

Of the four that could potentially be waived this year (no way all 4 get waived), the only one I think will definitely be waived is Jensen, and I would say he has about a 95% chance to clear, so I'm okay with that. Frk could possibly be waived as well, and I'd say he has about an 80% chance to clear, so it is a risk, one I'd prefer not to have to take... Ouellet and Sproul are the one's that I'm concerned about because I'd say both have about 80% chance to be claimed... If either of those two are waived (let alone claimed), that would be awful roster management, and I'd begin to question Holland's ability to manage this team going forward... He needs to make a trade, and I'm not fully confident that he will make one, or that he will make the right one...

Of the four that could potentially be waived this year (no way all 4 get waived)

Unfortunately more than one will have to be waived to get back down to GR if the Wings are over the 23 man roster limit when the season starts. I would really hate to see Sproul, Ouellet, and Frk all get claimed on waivers while Glendening/Miller/Ott/Helm/Ericsson get 15 minutes per night.

Ugh.

Zero chance that happens though. Like I mentioned in another thread, we have never lost any player of significance on waivers. There's no way we lose all 4 of Sproul, Ouellet, Jensen and Frk. I think Jensen will be waived and clear, and spend another season in Grand Rapids. I think he may try to slip Frk through at the beginning of the season, and he also has a high chance to clear. And I'd be shocked if he waives either of Ouellet or Sproul, because neither would clear, and there's no chance he would waive both...

He would only have to waive 2 of the 3 D kids and keep Frk, or waive Frk and can keep 2 of the 3 D kids for 8 D-men to start the season. WIthout a trade, though, when Pulk come back, the extra guy he didn't waive at the start of the season will have to be waived to make room for Pulk.

So in you idea KRS, he wiaves Frk and jensen (hopefully they'd both clear) and keep both Sproul and XO. But then when Pulk returns, one has to go...

Edited by LeftWinger