• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

derblaueClaus

Wings file for abitration with Peter Mrazek

Rate this topic

Both he and DD must realize we only have $9M available with Franzen and Vitale LTIR. 4 years $4.5M AAV for both. Doesn't sound like they're being screwed with that.

The issue may be the terms not necessarily the money.

OP Mrazek ... sound it out.

He got Holland by the balls ... M knows that he is the man in net.

I don't think so. We still have a starting goalie named Howard. And no team in the league really needs a starting goalie at the moment (Calgary was the last real team that needed one). If anything I'd say the organization has the advantage. Edited by kickazz

That would've been the case had he not burnt out in the back half of the season, and when Jimmy stepped up.

Yeah I'm glad he was pretty bad for those two months (February/March). It will bring his price down a bit. If he had continued his Vezina like performance from January then we would have ended up having to offer him like $7 million a year, something we can't afford and worst case scenario could have lost him to someone else.

I assume hell get somewhere around $4.5-5 million now.

I think he'll be awarded vaisilovskiy money. So if Holland is offering $4M+ he best take it or he'll find himself south of $4M. He has no water to tread when comparing himself to vaisilovskiy.

Vasilevsky hadn't played nearly as many games, and his stats are not vastly superior to Mrazek. I don't think he is a good comparable.

if Petr is signed for over 5 mill than holland is def going to have to make moves he will have no choice cant have jimmy and petr making 5 mill a peice not when you got Jared Coreau recently signed to years might be willing to give him a shot a year earlier if we could move jimmy and a few forwards

Edited by sjr2012

How many pounds difference do you think there is between Mrazeks pads and sawchucks?

Over their lifetime.

Ha.

Do you think ourall time #1g would have outweighed Mrazek with stitches alone!?

Or does the goalie equipment size mean nothing compared to the Era of shooters they were in charge of stopping?

Holland can't move Howard. I'm sure he's tried, but recent things i've read have him sounding like heks resigned to the fact that he's screwed and knows he's going into the season with a $5 million backup, and now since Mrazek is going to arbitration, he's probably looking at another $4 million a year tied up in goaltending.

As for the Vasilevsky comments, how is his new contract going to affect things in TB? Yzerman has quite a bit tied up in goaltending now to. Is he looking to move one?

How many pounds difference do you think there is between Mrazeks pads and sawchucks?

Over their lifetime.

Ha.

Do you think ourall time #1g would have outweighed Mrazek with stitches alone!?

Or does the goalie equipment size mean nothing compared to the Era of shooters they were in charge of stopping?

the equipment getting smaller hits next season right?

I hate the pads goalies use now. I remember when they used to only cover up to just above the knee. Now they go almost to the waist on most goalies. I think Brodeur was the last to use the old style pads. I hope the new changes include cutting down the height.

I hate the pads goalies use now. I remember when they used to only cover up to just above the knee. Now they go almost to the waist on most goalies. I think Brodeur was the last to use the old style pads. I hope the new changes include cutting down the height.

F8J0d5D.gif

I'm just eyeballing here, but I think Hasek's were smaller

Dominik%20Hasek.jpg

I dunno what the proposed size reductions are, but it should increase scoring some, at least until goalies learn how to play with the smaller gear. It could actually benefit some goalies though in terms of less restriction of manuverability. Goalies will always find a way to cheat if they have to though. Giguere clearly had oversized gear, but somehow never got in s*** for it.

I dunno what the proposed size reductions are, but it should increase scoring some, at least until goalies learn how to play with the smaller gear. It could actually benefit some goalies though in terms of less restriction of manuverability. Goalies will always find a way to cheat if they have to though. Giguere clearly had oversized gear, but somehow never got in s*** for it.

https://twitter.com/Sportsnet/status/700142570442084352